The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
hey can you plz help with this question carbondioxide in organisms and ecosystem?
does anyone have a copy of the paper?
Reply 3722
Does anybody have the question paper and markscheme please?
Is the 'AQA biology A2 bill indge' text book for the current specification? If so is it any good?
Reply 3724
hey guys (:

i just wanted to know does anyone have the actual paper and markscheme for this paper AQA unit 5 june 2011

any help is appreciated and i need it for tonight. EMERGENCY ! (:

thank you.
I'd just like to reiterate KKJ's post, does anyone have access to the June 2011 AQA biology unit 5 paper and if so could you please post it - would be much appreciated.
Original post by kontemptXD
I'd just like to reiterate KKJ's post, does anyone have access to the June 2011 AQA biology unit 5 paper and if so could you please post it - would be much appreciated.

bump*
Reply 3727
Original post by KKJ (:
hey guys (:

i just wanted to know does anyone have the actual paper and markscheme for this paper AQA unit 5 june 2011

any help is appreciated and i need it for tonight. EMERGENCY ! (:

thank you.

sorry i don't have the paper but i know what the synpotic questions are?
one's about cycles and the other is about dna technology

also, i remember that you have to know about transcriptional factors, the menstrual cycle, hormones, cell mediators, gel electrophoresis, restriction enzymes, unidirectionality and IAA (and i know that muscle contraction and nerves don't come up)

that's all i can remember, i hope it's helpful!
Reply 3729
Original post by Rizzy J
June 2011 papers

Enjoy x

Thanks for uploadin', just wonderin' d'you happen to have the examiners report too? :smile:...
Hi i was wondering if you guys could please help me with this question. Its on kinesis. Its question 1.
The URL is: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/...W-QP-JUN06.PDF
(and this question is also at the end of chapter 9 of the nelson thornes book, q1).

the answers say that 35 degrees is the favourable temperature which is why the woodlouse stays in that temperature for a long time?? they also say theres a source of food which is plausible but i dont understand about the temp being favourabe at 35 degrees even though there is rapid and random movement?

We learnt that in kinesis, the more unfavourable the conditions the more rapid and random movements to increase the chance of moving so by that theory i thought that 30 degrees was the favourable conditions because any higher temp would mean that the woodlouse would lose water.

Can someone please explain this to me?
Many thanks in advance!!
Reply 3731
Original post by Utd4eva
Thanks for uploadin', just wonderin' d'you happen to have the examiners report too? :smile:...

Nope sorry this is all i got from my teacher
Hi

I had the same problem with this question. My understanding of kinesis is the more unfavorable the conditions, the more the movement, thus enabling it to find more suitable conditions. However, in the old syllabus (06), they didn't just study kinesis, they studies the TYPES of kinesis - its too complicated to go into details here, but I think that is why the answer in the 06 mark scheme might differ from the viewpoint in the current textbook. Maybe someone can shed more light on this?

Original post by Anamika19
Hi i was wondering if you guys could please help me with this question. Its on kinesis. Its question 1.
The URL is: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/...W-QP-JUN06.PDF
(and this question is also at the end of chapter 9 of the nelson thornes book, q1).

the answers say that 35 degrees is the favourable temperature which is why the woodlouse stays in that temperature for a long time?? they also say theres a source of food which is plausible but i dont understand about the temp being favourabe at 35 degrees even though there is rapid and random movement?

We learnt that in kinesis, the more unfavourable the conditions the more rapid and random movements to increase the chance of moving so by that theory i thought that 30 degrees was the favourable conditions because any higher temp would mean that the woodlouse would lose water.

Can someone please explain this to me?
Many thanks in advance!!
Reply 3733
post in this thread as it is june 2012

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907313
Reply 3734
Original post by Rizzy J
June 2011 papers

Enjoy x

thanks for this (:
Original post by flowerscat
Hi

I had the same problem with this question. My understanding of kinesis is the more unfavorable the conditions, the more the movement, thus enabling it to find more suitable conditions. However, in the old syllabus (06), they didn't just study kinesis, they studies the TYPES of kinesis - its too complicated to go into details here, but I think that is why the answer in the 06 mark scheme might differ from the viewpoint in the current textbook. Maybe someone can shed more light on this?

Yeah i asked my biology teacher and he said that beacuse its the old spec, they answer isnt as accurate as what we learn in the new spec. He said if they ask a kinesis question in the real exam in June, then just go by the theory that in unfavourable conditions the movemnt is more rapid and random to increase the chance of moving to favourable conditions.
Hope that helped :smile:
Revision is going well on my part. Just finished writing down some exam questions from the DNA topics that I think could pop up in the exam. I'm referring to chapter 14 and 16 in the book :tongue:
Reply 3737
hey does anyone have the BIOLOGY UNIT 2 JAN 2012 AND UNIT 2 JUNE 2011 MARK SCHEME AND PAPER?
Would be extremely helpful, thankyouuuuuu :smile:
Reply 3738
andd does anyone have their CHEMISTRY EMPA on friday?!?! ..what do u learn for transition metals and catalysis!?
Too many pages to go through, was do we actually need to know about the action potential? Do we need to know about the voltages?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending