The Student Room Group

Mill Hill County vs St Dom's vs Watford Grammar

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Emissionspectra
Ye, and ye you can :smile:

Thats's kl :smile: I wish WGGS/WGBS offered philosophy :frown: Such a shame
I went to Watford Boys. Hated it. **** school. The biology department sucked.
Reply 22
Original post by Adrianna123
I go to St.Doms & I love it there!
All the teachers are so helpful and friendly, the college itself does alot to help you with your subjects and uni and they've got lots of opportunities for extra curricular things too so Doms is deffo recommended by me! :smile:

Thats gd 2 hear coz I wan2 go there. I hp I get in :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by i'm no superman

Do u know if WGGS sucks also?
Original post by surb2pin
I wouldn't know, sorry. I moved from Rickmansworth School to WBGS for sixth form and they really didn't give a **** about the 'new' boys. I'm pretty sure my UCAS reference was mediocre as a result. Having said that, it certainly didn't stop me from pursuing my ambitions at the time. The maths department was pretty good but I remember having to self-teach and direct my own learning (besides what we did in class) to get decent grades in the sciences and especially in computing. This was from 2007-2009 though. Things may have improved since then.
Thats gd 2 hear coz I wan2 go there. I hp I get in :smile:

Aww, you will do if your grade point average is what they're looking for so dw :smile:
Have you had an interview?

Sucked is an understatment its utter crap haha.
Thats's kl :smile: I wish WGGS/WGBS offered philosophy :frown: Such a shame

They do offer philosophy.

Meow I go WGGS!!!! Haha its amazing!!! Totally <3 it!! (Only joined last year for sixth form...)

Its a great location too since the Harlequin is right there...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Emissionspectra
They do offer philosophy.

Really. They told me they didn't but offer R.S
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Aww, you will do if your grade point average is what they're looking for so dw :smile:
Have you had an interview?

I've got an interview this wk. Hp it goes well. Do you think not being Catholic will put me at a big disadvantage? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Meow I go WGGS!!!! Haha its amazing!!! Totally <3 it!! (Only joined last year for sixth form...)

Its a great location too since the Harlequin is right there...

:smile: Thats gd 2 know. I had the interview and hp I hear back from them soon. Do u know if there are many new people who join the 6th form? Great being near the Harlequin- I love to shop :smile:
Reply 32
I wouldn't know, sorry. I moved from Rickmansworth School to WBGS for sixth form and they really didn't give a **** about the 'new' boys. I'm pretty sure my UCAS reference was mediocre as a result. Having said that, it certainly didn't stop me from pursuing my ambitions at the time. The maths department was pretty good but I remember having to self-teach and direct my own learning (besides what we did in class) to get decent grades in the sciences and especially in computing. This was from 2007-2009 though. Things may have improved since then.

I'm sorry about ur bad experience. That's awful :frown: I thought they were supposed 2 hv excellent pastoral care and teaching standards
:smile: Thats gd 2 know. I had the interview and hp I hear back from them soon. Do u know if there are many new people who join the 6th form? Great being near the Harlequin- I love to shop :smile:

I think like 40...

(I was new in sixth form so ask what u like... The teachers are so supportive!!)
I've got an interview this wk. Hp it goes well. Do you think not being Catholic will put me at a big disadvantage? :smile:

Don't worry, the interview's pretty easy :smile:
Just things like 'why do you want to come here' and 'what do you want to do in the future'
Nopee deffo not, the only thing is the grade point average is higher for non-Catholics or something like that
Reply 35
I think like 40...

(I was new in sixth form so ask what u like... The teachers are so supportive!!)

thats's gd :smile: I'm really worried coz my interview didnt go well at all :frown: How did ur interview go when u applied. I was asked lots of science question which i wasnt expected. Then at the end I was told that not many people get in and that doesnt mean you are not good, it's just that there are few places. Were u told that at interview coz I'm beginning to think that I was told that bcoz I didnt get in :frown:
Reply 36
Don't worry, the interview's pretty easy :smile:
Just things like 'why do you want to come here' and 'what do you want to do in the future'
Nopee deffo not, the only thing is the grade point average is higher for non-Catholics or something like that

Ok thnx n do they ask any qsns about religion bcoz I'm really not religious? :smile:
thats's gd :smile: I'm really worried coz my interview didnt go well at all :frown: How did ur interview go when u applied. I was asked lots of science question which i wasnt expected. Then at the end I was told that not many people get in and that doesnt mean you are not good, it's just that there are few places. Were u told that at interview coz I'm beginning to think that I was told that bcoz I didnt get in :frown:

I got a letter two days after my interview sayin I got an offer... My interview was with the Head Teacher (U prob knw who she is...) Its was like only 5mins long and no she didnt ask me anythin in detail...

Just a very friendly chat :smile: Do you remember who you had??
Ok thnx n do they ask any qsns about religion bcoz I'm really not religious? :smile:

Nopee, you just have to specify your religion :smile:
Reply 39
I got a letter two days after my interview sayin I got an offer... My interview was with the Head Teacher (U prob knw who she is...) Its was like only 5mins long and no she didnt ask me anythin in detail...

Just a very friendly chat :smile: Do you remember who you had??

It's been a week and I still haven't heard anything. :frown: I had the head of Sixth Form, don't know her name, bt she's a bio teacher. My one was very formal and was like a test. Very scary. My interview lasted 30 mins bt it felt much much longer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending