The Student Room Group

Ideal Height In A Guy

Scroll to see replies

Tall enough that he doesn't freak out when I wear heels :s-smilie:
Reply 41
I'm 6' 3" and, as a bloke, I would be devastated if I wasn't in the 6 foot club!
Original post by JordanR
As a 6'4" male this thread is really stroking my ego.

As a 5'4" male this thread is crushing my ego.
I'm about 6'2" and its never been a source of attraction I don't think, I don't even notice how tall people are, I couldn't say if I'm the tallest out of my housemates.
6ft and above
ideally 6'2+++++

plz n thx
Reply 45
Original post by RedDevilThing

Dude, don't let it. There are plenty of girls shorter than 5'4. Hitting the gym will help to, provided you don't overdo it.

Original post by duharvalgt
is 5 '9'' ok heightwise ? (still have a few years of growing though...)

I'm 5'9 and turn down girls taller than me. Even in heels the most I'll tolerate is an inch above my height. And yes its me qualifying them, not the other way round. Loss of attraction has never been an issue for me. Bear in mind the average height for a female is less than 5'5.

Besides, I'm literally not attracted to girls who are significantly taller than me. It just looks unseemly. So it makes sense for women to think in a similar way.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by RedDevilThing

Don't let it. :smile:

This guy (tinytrip) is 5'4" and most women would probably give their ovaries to have a guy with a body like that.
Original post by Regent
x

JordanR
x

No amount of toning and muscle is going to compensate for how small I am. I'm not just short either, I'm tiny. I have tiny feet, hands and arms. If it wasn't for a fairly mature face and a decent amount of stubble, I'd look 13.

It's not just about girls either, being so small is generally very inconvenient. You guys don't know how easy you have it.

Also, that guy in the pics is bordering on hideously muscled.
5'5" male here, it definitely is awful being short as a guy but I suppose it's something you just have to deal with. As for the pic above, wow, I'd give a testicle to have a body like that!
Original post by Lil Piranha
Tall enough that he doesn't freak out when I wear heels :s-smilie:

Enjoy being foreveralone :yep:

OP: usually girls' ideal height for guys is 6' - 6'2" (apparently the true ideal height is like 6'1.95").
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by JordanR

As a 5'7" male this thread is really demolishing my ego.

In fact, here is something a girl I have a slight thing for told me earlier: "Wow, you'd be the perfect guy... if you were a bit taller anyway"
Boom goes the dynamite!
(edited 12 years ago)
Weird theory, but some people say that your wife/girlfriend should fit just underneath your chin :P
No preference over here, I've been with all sorts, my old **** buddy was 6'6 and the guy after him was about 5'8. I genuinely don't care. (I hover somewhere around the 5'4/5'5 mark).
I'm really short but I still really like tall men. The taller the better as long as they can get a hard on without fainting :smile:
Original post by JordanR

This guy (tinytrip) is 5'4" and most women would probably give their ovaries to have a guy with a body like that.

No way... I couldn't ever get over the height thing... And to be honest I wouldn't want a tall guy to have a body like that either. It doesn't look very comfy...
Reply 55
Might just be me but I prefer a nice personality over a required height. :smug:

But yeah anyway in all seriousness I honestly couldn't care less how tall a guy is.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JordanR

The height doesn't worry me in the slightest - but I wouldn't want my guy to have a body like that anyway.

I'm 5'5"ish, seeing as other people have said their own heights.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JordanR

You and me both, buddy.
Reply 58
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You and me both, buddy.

Let's do a really high five so that no one else can reach.
I'm 6'2", so in an ideal world the perfect height for a guy for me would be 6'+.

Quick Reply

Latest