The Student Room Group

Ideal Height In A Guy

Scroll to see replies

Most girls simply want a guy who will still be taller than them when they're wearing heels. The girl, that is. On that basis, your answer is "about four inches taller than me or taller, within reason".
(edited 12 years ago)
5'6. :smug:

Form an orderly queue, ladies. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
as long as ure taller dan de girl :colone:
preferablly taller than me but tbh its what's inside that counts :smile:
Tall guys all the way!
Original post by graffic
You do realise that there are many men out there with dwarfism and by promoting this attitude you are promoting discrimination. You're also saying that the majority of them are unattractive, horrible people.

And that is abhorrent.

Er what?

No I'm not... That's exactly what I'm not saying! I'm saying that society has certain things which are pretty much universally considered attractive or as a good thing, like height in men or small waists in women.

I was saying that this is the reason why many girls on here are saying they like tall men, I'm am not and was never saying that if you aren't tall you are automatically unattractive, now was I saying they were horrible people! I really don't know where you got that from!

You are putting words in my mouth that conform to the complete opposite of what I was saying and I think that you should apologise.
Original post by confusedexcited
She didn't say they were horrible people, merely less attractive. I think that's relatively reasonable, though unfortunate.

I never even said that! I said that being tall is an attractive feature but that not being tall doesn't therefore make you unattractive!
Reply 107
I'm 5'3 and my last boyfriend was 6'4. Preferably a guy would be 5'7 or above - that way i can wear heels and not be taller.

However saying that height isn't really a major factor in deciding who i date.
Original post by Historophilia
I never even said that! I said that being tall is an attractive feature but that not being tall doesn't therefore make you unattractive!

I didn't say that either :tongue: i said you implied less attractive, which I think is true and reasonable! People get so frustrated by height, but I'm not a particularly tall guy, 5'9, but men are lucky because women mostly go for personality. I think the problem is short guys often have an inferority complex, though, I don't know enough to be able to confidently assert that.
Reply 109
Original post by RedDevilThing
I guess that's better, but please don't refer to a man's height as 'sweet' or 'cute'; it's seriously demoralising. I'm fine with being called sweet personality-wise, but not with regards to height, it just makes me feel like a child.

Meh, depends how sensitive you are about it. I don't think I've ever offended anyone before. They would rather I call them cute than "eww, ****in' short guys, 6' or go home." Nothing wrong with being cute. Cute =/= a child, otherwise why is it okay for men to call short women cute? Is it saying women are like children? I never got the sensitivity about men being cute. It's a good thing in my opinion, it doesn't mean they're sissy bitches. That's the only reason I'd tend to not like short guys, when they get really defensive about being short. Anyway.

Original post by Tucking Fypo
5'6. :smug:

Form an orderly queue, ladies. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Pretty great height IMO!
Reply 110
Original post by JordanR
As a 6'4" male this thread is really stroking my ego.

How about making a 6'0''+ Male awesomeness society so all the cool people can hang out together and stuff....
I'm around 6'0 or 6'1 so I'm guessing I fall in the average range?
Reply 112
Original post by graffic
5"7 is average height

Actually in the UK it's more like 5'10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

A lot of guys on this thread are only showing their insecurities by getting angry at many of the female responses. Look, if your small there's very little you can do about it but that isn't going to prevent you from attracting women (within reason of course).

Why get so frustrated at something which you have absolutely no control over or ability to change? I'm not getting up on my high horse, because I used to have issues with my height to (5'9). It wasn't until I let it slide and just got on with life that I started having success with women. Trust me when I say that HEIGHT IS NOT A BIG FACTOR.

Some of you on this thread have eluded to it but I feel it needs to be explicitly stated: A lot of girls are attracted to height because it makes them feel safe (height conveys power) and for lack of a better word, more feminine. But that doesn't mean that a small guy can't come along and create the same feelings within her that a tall guy, by default of his size could.

The dynamics of attraction are something set in stone: women will always be attracted to tall men in the same way guys will always be attracted (generally) to certain female physiques. So use it and don't be used by it.

Soldier on!
(edited 12 years ago)
15ft. Minimum.
Original post by graffic
Thats pretty reasonable. It sucks hearing "at least 6"" or "6"2 when you are small - medium height. I mean, if I said for a girl "she must have X breast size" I would be pilloried as a sexist ********, because I guess you can't help your breast size. And you can't change your height.

In fact, from a male perspective I can say breasts do not make a woman. Cleavage is obviously attractive, but its just a bonus. It does not hold any sway on how attractive a girl is

:colonhash: No, no you wouldn't. 34D or better would be ideal for me.
Original post by Cicerao
Pretty great height IMO!

Thank you, thank you. :pierre:
Original post by Cicerao
Meh, depends how sensitive you are about it. I don't think I've ever offended anyone before. They would rather I call them cute than "eww, ****in' short guys, 6' or go home." Nothing wrong with being cute. Cute =/= a child, otherwise why is it okay for men to call short women cute? Is it saying women are like children? I never got the sensitivity about men being cute. It's a good thing in my opinion, it doesn't mean they're sissy bitches. That's the only reason I'd tend to not like short guys, when they get really defensive about being short. Anyway.

Ok, maybe I phrased that badly, it doesn't make me feel like a child, but it does make me feel like less of a man. Being tall is perceived as a masculine trait, so making fun of the fact a guy is short is essentially devaluing him as a man. How would you like it if some guy made fun of your boobs, your bum or your legs, or drew attention to some unsightly body hair? I'm willing to bet it would have a similar effect.

Everyone has their insecurities, it's unavoidable. My main insecurity is (obviously) my height, I try not to let it bother me but it does, it really does. All I'm saying is that it's unreasonable to expect someone to not be sensitive about their insecurities, and for a large amount of short guys, it will be their height they are insecure about.
Reply 117
To all the short bros reading this thread...

I know that feel..

Original post by Hatchet
To all the short bros reading this thread...

I know that feel..

Same bro, except

Reply 119
Original post by RedDevilThing
Ok, maybe I phrased that badly, it doesn't make me feel like a child, but it does make me feel like less of a man. Being tall is perceived as a masculine trait, so making fun of the fact a guy is short is essentially devaluing him as a man. How would you like it if some guy made fun of your boobs, your bum or your legs, or drew attention to some unsightly body hair? I'm willing to bet it would have a similar effect.

Everyone has their insecurities, it's unavoidable. My main insecurity is (obviously) my height, I try not to let it bother me but it does, it really does. All I'm saying is that it's unreasonable to expect someone to not be sensitive about their insecurities, and for a large amount of short guys, it will be their height they are insecure about.

Read my previous post brother.

Quick Reply

Latest