The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
I bet you all the people on this thread are going to do amazingly well! We're all such worriers :colondollar:
Original post by Mocking_bird
Pff I wish! Stupid enzyme questions though :frown: hahah.
I miss it too, as sad as it sounds to say.
Its good to see quite a few people from there on this thread though.. (Hi You, Tullia, James, Hdizzle, etc! :laugh:)

I think I remeber you from a Chemistry thread :holmes:

CHEM1 maybe CHEM2 :tongue:
Original post by EffKayy
You've actually said the same thing so many times
Do we give a ****?
No so **** off

Harsh.. I noticed you've lost some Rep Bars lol
Reply 2443
lol people on tsr make me laugh like above (heehee) ..omg thursday 8th march 2012 is DOOMSDAY.
Original post by Miracle Day
Harsh.. I noticed you've lost some Rep Bars lol

lol k
I have a good topic of discussion for you guys.

Is it better to have parents who are highly involved in your education, get you to revise etc.. or ones that let you just get on with it.

My two friends have parents who are highly involved, yet my parents aren't. I did better than them in all my GCSEs, I'm more motivated to revise than they are and I do revise unlike them who do little, despite their parents making them.

My mother said she was pushy with my two older brothers, but the more you tell someone to do something the more they don't want to do it, so she decided to let me get on with it and see if I'd be different (Which I am)
Original post by EffKayy
You've actually said the same thing so many times
Do we give a ****?
No so **** off

I would so rep this, sadly I am out of rep :frown: so count this as a 'I will rep you in 24 hours time' :biggrin:
Original post by Zhy
Hoping for a clean sweep of 100 UMS scores

I'll clean sweep you to the moderators.

Just kidding.

Next time, you don't have to be arrogant about it...
GUYSS LESS THAN 48 hours TILL GRADE BOUNDARIES ARE OUTT!
Gah.
Reply 2449
Original post by LGrosvenor101
I'm a physical chemist as well :L Not looking forward to organic chemistry in RPA and at Uni though! D: yeah :/ I don't mind retaking it though as its not factual, etc, it was just a bad paper on the day :smile:
and thanks, good luck as well! :biggrin:

don't worry just do EVERY past paper available and you'll be fine..questions on the RPA paper are very similar!!! take care !!
Original post by MikeySwansea
Maybe because its been less than 2 months :P

Oh...oops :colondollar: my bad!
And the comfort eating begins..
Original post by EffKayy
lol k

I recommend you pop over to ASDA and buy some..

Original post by thelooby94
I'm a bit jealous of your uni course choice, sounds pretty good! :colondollar:

Haha, it does sound quite cool but essentially it's just chemistry with optional modules in biological/medicinal chemistry (drugs, human health etc.) in the second third and fourth years, as well as an industrial placement thrown in!

I'm thinking of switching to just chemistry though as the first year of the course is all aspects of chemistry so it'll be easy to continue, and physical chemistry is far more interesting than organic at A Level!

What are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 2454
people leave Zhy alone!! he/she is just confident what's wrong with that????
I recommend you pop over to ASDA and buy some..

LOL K.
Original post by Raj K
people leave Zhy alone!! he/she is just confident what's wrong with that????

We dont want arrogance posted 23343 times
I have a good topic of discussion for you guys.

Is it better to have parents who are highly involved in your education, get you to revise etc.. or ones that let you just get on with it.

My two friends have parents who are highly involved, yet my parents aren't. I did better than them in all my GCSEs, I'm more motivated to revise than they are and I do revise unlike them who do little, despite their parents making them.

My mother said she was pushy with my two older brothers, but the more you tell someone to do something the more they don't want to do it, so she decided to let me get on with it and see if I'd be different (Which I am)

I personally believe its better to get on with it by yourself. my parents are very pushy and im retaking second year again :frown: however my bfs mum is very very laid back and so my bf is not bothered about things. so i think parents should ask casually about how things are going...if any help is needed but other than that.. no need to force it!
Original post by miss-pink09
I personally believe its better to get on with it by yourself. my parents are very pushy and im retaking second year again :frown: however my bfs mum is very very laid back and so my bf is not bothered about things. so i think parents should ask casually about how things are going...if any help is needed but other than that.. no need to force it!

Hmm yeah.. I think I might make a thread about this because it's interesting.
Original post by alexsasg
And the comfort eating begins..

That was me after my chem exam.
Me, my best friend, 3 tubs of ice cream and a whole load of alc.

Quick Reply

Latest