The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeccaCath94
Oh i seee. Thats great thank you :smile:
So if I will have done S1, S2, M1, D1, FP1...can I have all of these in normal maths as long as I have S1 for the S2 module?
:smile:

FP1 must be in Further Maths, as must FP2/3/4. The only exception to the rule in my above post is that you can have FP3 in FM without FP2. You can have any pairing of S1, M1, D1 in normal maths; and you could have S1, S2 in there but that's the only possible way to have S2 in normal maths. Obviously from this, you can't have 3-modules (i.e. M3 etc) in normal maths.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
FP1 must be in Further Maths, as must FP2/3/4. The only exception to the rule in my above post is that you can have FP3 in FM without FP2. You can have any pairing of S1, M1, D1 in normal maths; and you could have S1, S2 in there but that's the only possible way to have S2 in normal maths. Obviously from this, you can't have 3-modules (i.e. M3 etc) in normal maths.

Right. Its all so complicated!! haha but i think i get it...
I'll have a talk with my teacher anyway for the best combo... :smile:
Thank you!
Right. Its all so complicated!! haha but i think i get it...
I'll have a talk with my teacher anyway for the best combo... :smile:
Thank you!

Your exam board should choose the best combination for you.
Original post by ian.slater
Your exam board should choose the best combination for you.

Yeah, I just noticed that S2 in my Maths A level was replaced by M1 since it was two marks higher. It's a little bizarre... we'll see if they stay like that.
Original post by Edwin Okli
Yeah, I just noticed that S2 in my Maths A level was replaced by M1 since it was two marks higher. It's a little bizarre... we'll see if they stay like that.

In a way its a good thing that they can be moved around to get the best possible maths a level....
What did people get in Edexcel C3? Most of my year got Cs and Ds...me included :/
I went to an open day at sheffield last friday and they promised they'd give me an offer afterwards, however I still havent recieved one. Should i contact them?
What did people get in Edexcel C3? Most of my year got Cs and Ds...me included :/

I got 90/100 most though got C's and D's :smile: so your not alone, in my FM class only 5 people got an A and the grade boundaries we quite high it was like 70% for a C :/
Original post by JordanS94
I got 90/100 most though got C's and D's :smile: so your not alone, in my FM class only 5 people got an A and the grade boundaries we quite high it was like 70% for a C :/

Oh! Well done!
Yeah it was a hard paper :frown:
if anybody remembers me i was the guy that was self-studying d1 in my school's d1 self-study challenge... i'm glad to announce that i did win the chocolate bar at stake, even if my 54 the most spectacular score ever. luckily the other modules went a lot better.
Oh! Well done!
Yeah it was a hard paper :frown:

Thank you :smile: The only reason why I got that mark was because I took C4 and got a C :colondollar: they were high boundaries too :frown:
Got 100 on C3, 100 on M2 and 98 on C4. YAAAY
Reply 4912
Original post by maths134
Got 100 on C3, 100 on M2 and 98 on C4. YAAAY

I got 98 on c4 too, it seems so bad that I want to know what I got wrong when I'm surrounded by people who failed exams like m1 at my school :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Thank you :smile: The only reason why I got that mark was because I took C4 and got a C :colondollar: they were high boundaries too :frown:

Oh. So you took C3 and C4 in january?
People who have already done C4...how does it compare to C3? Is it easier?

Also, if I were to resit to get a better overall points score, should I resit C2 which i originally got 78 in or C3 which i got 53 in? :/

I got 91 in C1 and S1 so....
Reply 4915
People who have already done C4...how does it compare to C3? Is it easier?

Also, if I were to resit to get a better overall points score, should I resit C2 which i originally got 78 in or C3 which i got 53 in? :/

I got 91 in C1 and S1 so....

I'd definitely say resit C3 over C2.

Then just resit C2 if you've got enough time.
Original post by Thrug
I'd definitely say resit C3 over C2.

Then just resit C2 if you've got enough time.

Hmm. I was just thinking because i did so well in C1 and S1 that with all my current results it still averages out at 78 which is a high B then if i did well in C4 and S2.....I could resit C2 (which is easier) increase that by 5-10 and end up with an A.....do you get where i'm coming from???

I am already in year 13 so i'll have to decide within the next week or so what i want to do in the summer then that'll be it....
Oh. So you took C3 and C4 in january?

Yeah, I found the C4 paper horrible :L I still got the highest in my college (who wasn't resiting it) ^^ and some of the people in my class are stupidly smart :L they get like 100 all the time :biggrin: I was so surprised :biggrin:
Yeah, I found the C4 paper horrible :L I still got the highest in my college (who wasn't resiting it) ^^ and some of the people in my class are stupidly smart :L they get like 100 all the time :biggrin: I was so surprised :biggrin:

Oh! Well done anyway :smile:
Got 100 in M2 and 100 in M3, didn't do quite as well in D1 with a D, 56 UMS

Latest