The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .eXe
There's no way for 200 people to be on hold. What's the sense in putting more people on hold than the total number of available spaces? That's like saying every single person that make an offer to, will decline it. Absolute nonsense.

There will be 15-20 people on hold and you will be ranked on UKCAT and noone can really tell you anything about your chances of getting an offer because that depends on the ukcat scores of the other people on the hold list, and obviously no one knows what they are....

You may be right, but then I can't figure out what they meant in the email then they sent me "200 on hold, just over 30 of them given an offer"...
Reply 1221
Original post by andrewpeters
You may be right, but then I can't figure out what they meant in the email then they sent me "200 on hold, just over 30 of them given an offer"...

hmm all I can say is...whoever emailed you that doesn't know what they are talking about? who was it by the way? did they sign a name at the end?

also, how can they possibly know that 30 of the hold list will be getting offers? what if no one declines their offer? then not a single person from the hold list with get offer. how can they know beforehand that 30/200 will get offers...makes no sense...
I'm assuming there are two lists that we are getting confused between. I am on the waiting list BEFORE interview, I was told that there was roughly 200 people on this most years. Some others may be on hold post-interview, where there would be far less than 200.
Reply 1223
Original post by brighteyes1994
I'm assuming there are two lists that we are getting confused between. I am on the waiting list BEFORE interview, I was told that there was roughly 200 people on this most years. Some others may be on hold post-interview, where there would be far less than 200.

ah okay, that certainly makes more sense. I didn't even consider that there was a pre-interview wait list to be honest. So do they tell you what position you are in on that list?
Original post by brighteyes1994

Ohhhhh, thank you for clearing that up! I didn't even know there was a pre interview waiting list lol.

So it looks like we have hope :biggrin:
Original post by .eXe
ah okay, that certainly makes more sense. I didn't even consider that there was a pre-interview wait list to be honest. So do they tell you what position you are in on that list?

Nope - they said that they couldn't tell us whether they'll even need the waiting list, as apparently it's about how many people have accepted offers by April as to whether or not we will even be interviewed :smile: fingers crossed though!
Reply 1226
http://www.facebook.com/groups/351470408224812/ facebook page for offer holders
Original post by .eXe

Are we ranked using UKCAT in the post interview waiting list?
Reply 1228
Are we ranked using UKCAT in the post interview waiting list?

When I called admissions, I was told that the applications of those on the post interview waiting list would be "re-assessed". So I'm assuming that UKCAT would form part of the ranking process since that is part of our application. I reckon they will consider personal statement, reference and interview performance as well though.
Original post by Dolly_D
When I called admissions, I was told that the applications of those on the post interview waiting list would be "re-assessed". So I'm assuming that UKCAT would form part of the ranking process since that is part of our application. I reckon they will consider personal statement, reference and interview performance as well though.

Ah right, hopefully my boost in AS grades after Jan resits will change their minds lol
Reply 1230
Ah right, hopefully my boost in AS grades after Jan resits will change their minds lol

if you are on the post-interview waiting list, you will be ranked based on ukcat. that is right on their website man....i dunno where all this reassessed stuff came from but if that's what their admissions staff said, then maybe that's true, but i go according to what's on paper and documented, not on what someone on the phone said...so as far as i know and according to the bsms website....post interview you will be ranked on ukcat and be given an offer if a place becomes available.
reject...oh well goin to ucl!!
Reply 1232
Original post by fausta47732720
reject...oh well goin to ucl!!

goodjob on the ucl offer but please tell me you didnt get rejected over the weekend lol. when did ur rejection come through?
it came on friday and in the post...ucas still has changed though. They offered me podiatry instead -_-
Original post by WillC123
http://www.facebook.com/groups/351470408224812/ facebook page for offer holders

There is already a group called "BSMS Student Ambassadors 2012", you will get an email about it shortly :smile:
Reply 1235
Original post by crazychef
There is already a group called "BSMS Student Ambassadors 2012", you will get an email about it shortly :smile:

Then my group is gonna look pretty pathetic with me and one other person in it...
Original post by crazychef

Is it secret? I can't seem to find it :/
Reply 1237
On post-interview hold list, anyone know my chances of an offer?
Reply 1238
Original post by os93
On post-interview hold list, anyone know my chances of an offer?

good job mate! are you home or international? and when did you hear?
Original post by .eXe
good job mate! are you home or international? and when did you hear?

.exe are you from canada? which city?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending