The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All offers are in and now trying to decide on who to pick for insurance. Firm is going to be Warwick with the standard scary thing, choices for insurances are:

Lancaster (AB), Queen's Belfast (AB/BBa), Bath (AA) and Exeter (AB).

Any and all suggestions gratefully received. Should make AA in F Maths and Physics so any of them should make viable insurances.

Exeter seems to have the smallest choice in modules in the first couple of years but some really different ones for 3/4th years, Lancaster seems to have the best flexibility, Bath is the best 'thought of' and Queen's is the cheapest (NI student so fees are only £3k ish)
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
All offers are in and now trying to decide on who to pick for insurance. Firm is going to be Warwick with the standard scary thing, choices for insurances are:

Lancaster (AB), Queen's Belfast (AB/BBa), Bath (AA) and Exeter (AB).

Any and all suggestions gratefully received. Should make AA in F Maths and Physics so any of them should make viable insurances.

Exeter seems to have the smallest choice in modules in the first couple of years but some really different ones for 3/4th years, Lancaster seems to have the best flexibility, Bath is the best 'thought of' and Queen's is the cheapest (NI student so fees are only £3k ish)

I would choose lancaster, purely because i've applied there and know what its like!!
I think its a great uni and to say its in the top 10 the offers are low.
:smile:
Original post by Rahul.S
I can see alot of people have heard back from imperial.....not that im getting impatient but I would like to know at least by now what grades I exactly need for my firm and insurance :mad2:

is it a good idea to email them? :colone:

**** Imperial brudda you coming Trinity yh dont worry about a insurance either you dont need one :colone::colone:
Original post by Legendary
**** Imperial brudda you coming Trinity yh dont worry about a insurance either you dont need one :colone::colone:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

my bruddddaa.....bruddddaaa!!!!! I might take your piece of advice :tongue:

but then you better (<<<not bruddddaaaa) not have an insurance :cool:
Original post by Legendary

Can I call you bruuuddddaaaa :tongue: :colondollar: ?
Reply 4985
Original post by Rahul.S
yh Trinity is my first priority :colone:

but I dont want to get carried away and not think about an insurance....I would prefer Imperial as they do give offers without STEP...but the amount of time they are taking is really annoying :mad2:

how are things going for you? :biggrin:

At a recent Imperial maths open day they said that if you are taking a STEP exam then they might make it part of your offer.
Original post by rr0
At a recent Imperial maths open day they said that if you are taking a STEP exam then they might make it part of your offer.

I didn't put down I will be doing STEP in my UCAS....there are plenty offers holders without STEP and I'm hoping to be one of them....as my insurance decision will be one predicament!
Reply 4987
Think I'm going to firm Nottingham and insure Edinburgh but track isn't even open today so i don't make a slapdash decision!
Original post by skibur
Think I'm going to firm Nottingham and insure Edinburgh but track isn't even open today so i don't make a slapdash decision!

Good decision, they're fairly similar but I think firming a higher offer will make sure you don't get complacent. :smile:
Reply 4989
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Good decision, they're fairly similar but I think firming a higher offer will make sure you don't get complacent. :smile:

That was my reasoning exactly aha, have you officially replied to your offers or are the ones in your sig just your ideas at the minute, is step as bad as it looks? :smile:
Original post by skibur
That was my reasoning exactly aha, have you officially replied to your offers or are the ones in your sig just your ideas at the minute, is step as bad as it looks? :smile:

Yhupp, already firmed an insured. STEP isn't impossible like I used to think, alot of practice and dedication is needed though. I still struggle with it but I don't put enough hours in atm either. :/
Yhupp, already firmed an insured. STEP isn't impossible like I used to think, alot of practice and dedication is needed though. I still struggle with it but I don't put enough hours in atm either. :/

Hang in there - it will reap dividends for you at university (not because any of the stuff comes up much, but getting used to problem solving is never a bad thing)
Reply 4992

Just keep going and im sure you will get there in the end :smile: saying that, im not exactly jealous! :P
Reply 4993
hating physics more and more each day :unimpressed:
Reply 4994
I'm really finding it difficult to decide on which university to put as my firm. It's between Edinburgh and St Andrews.
Am I basically deciding between living in a city and living in a town, because they're both great academically. :confused:
Original post by olive325
I'm really finding it difficult to decide on which university to put as my firm. It's between Edinburgh and St Andrews.
Am I basically deciding between living in a city and living in a town, because they're both great academically. :confused:

Well, I wish I'd got into St. Andrews, but sadly they rejected me. I need somewhere secluded where I can be alone for 3 years! Depends on which you like then I suppose, only you know that.
If I were to choose between lancaster and Sheffield for an insurance for Maths, which one would be better? (My firm will be leeds)
Reply 4997
Original post by BeccaCath94
If I were to choose between lancaster and Sheffield for an insurance for Maths, which one would be better? (My firm will be leeds)

In your position I'd choose Sheffield for insurance; it's very similar to Leeds as a university. In terms of which one's better for maths though, I imagine Sheffield and Lancaster are pretty much the same.
Offer from Imperial, so 5/5 offers, over the moon!
Original post by CHayes
In your position I'd choose Sheffield for insurance; it's very similar to Leeds as a university. In terms of which one's better for maths though, I imagine Sheffield and Lancaster are pretty much the same.

Yeah they are pretty similar which is the problem!!
Its all down to location really....lancaster is in the countryside-ish but sheffield's in the city centre...

Latest