The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Is accommodation done on a first come, first served basis? Or is it a draw? Conflicting opinions on here so far, would be thankful if someone could clear this up for me :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
how long does it take for bath uni to acknowledge that I have firmed? i.e. when can i register my details for accomodation. :smile:
Reply 782
Just firmed for maths & physics :biggrin:!
Original post by thirstysailor
I was scared that i'd spent so long deliberating about what to firm that i'd missed out on all of the first choices at accommodation. Which ones are you thinking of going for?

Marl/Sols with Westwood as an 'insurance' if that's how they do it.
Original post by LittleLucy
how long does it take for bath uni to acknowledge that I have firmed? i.e. when can i register my details for accomodation. :smile:

I firmed early last month and I haven't been able to get in.

Original post by Guin
Just firmed for maths & physics :biggrin:!

Awesome, that's the course I was thinking of doing at first until I decided to just go with straight maths. Might pop in to some physics lectures though :smile:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Marl/Sols with Westwood as an 'insurance' if that's how they do it.

I'm thinking of going for westwood, or maybe eastwood but i can't really tell any significant difference between the two. See you there at freshers week hopefully.
Original post by thirstysailor
I'm thinking of going for westwood, or maybe eastwood but i can't really tell any significant difference between the two. See you there at freshers week hopefully.

I've managed to register, now I have to wait for them to open the applications.

Yeah, hope to see you there as well :smile:
Firmed for Economics (L101) :biggrin:

I'm liking the look of Woodland Court accomodation - anyone else thinking of going there? :colone:
Accomodation portal opens 2nd of April, anyone know what time?
Original post by DylanLJG
Accomodation portal opens 2nd of April, anyone know what time?

I think they said Midnight this Sunday (so 12AM on the 2nd of April), but I'm not entirely sure exactly when.
Reply 790
Original post by Chronoscon
Firmed for Economics (L101) :biggrin:

I'm liking the look of Woodland Court accomodation - anyone else thinking of going there? :colone:

Ive just firmed for economics too! Woodland court looks brilliant, quite expensive though! Am thinking of applying there :smile:
Reply 791
Awesome, that's the course I was thinking of doing at first until I decided to just go with straight maths. Might pop in to some physics lectures though :smile:

Oh really?! I was originally thinking of a plain maths degree but I had a change of heart and wanted to do physics too :smile:
Original post by Guin
Oh really?! I was originally thinking of a plain maths degree but I had a change of heart and wanted to do physics too :smile:

I'm fairly crap at practicals and not that keen on electronics so I decided that it would be better for me to just do a plain MMath and just take the quantum modules included in that degree. I should get an A/A* in physics anyway so it should be ok if I change my mind.

Quantum's probably my favourite area anyway.

What made you change?
did anyone else apply to uea too as well as bath? let me know which decision you make!
Original post by dannyk
Is accommodation done on a first come, first served basis? Or is it a draw? Conflicting opinions on here so far, would be thankful if someone could clear this up for me :smile:

I think it's first come first served, as options for certain blocks close when they get too full, and all my flatmates said they applied on the day (I did as well). The people who didn't get into their first choices mostly applied a bit late.
Original post by dannyk

Yes it's first come, first served - and you can ask to be with specific people and whether you want mixed, single gender etc.

You get to choose two accommodation options, but if you're really late then you have to take accommodation in a student apartment place in the city, or if the university takes too many people on, even find your own house to rent (but this is extremely unlikely, happened in my year but not last year)
I firmed early last month and I haven't been able to get in.

I didnt mean actually APPLY for accomodation, just register my details..
when will my bath application portal say that ive firmed bath as it just still says my offer there..
Reply 797
Just firmed! So will they send me an email confirming my firming of Bath and telling me what to do next?
I must say, Bath isn't the most communicative of universities...!
Lol the big accomodation rush starts on monday!
Original post by Fooldimis
Just firmed! So will they send me an email confirming my firming of Bath and telling me what to do next?
I must say, Bath isn't the most communicative of universities...!

They really aren't are they :tongue:

I 'think' you'll get some follow-up with regard to accommodation, and you should get a welcome pack (though of course it'll be really late)

Quick Reply

Latest