The Student Room Group

Best house/bass tracks of the year (Mixmag and Resident Advisor)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Disclosure are excellent. It was refreshing to see one of them whip out the bass guitar for part of their live set.

Now just to find this unmixed... One minute in :sogood:

Went and bought the new DVA album. Sweet.

Original post by Gob Bluth

Some really good stuff there.

Really liking the Disclosure track but I have liked all the stuff they have done..
Reply 143
Hearing this a lot now, getting massive support.

Original post by mau5

Yes that and everyday were in the top 10 tracks for march in resident advisor. Got those dark, deep house vibes down to a tee.

As has this with the cheeky cocaine and ketamine lyrics:

Nothing new I know, but amazing tracks

A gift for Gob though, or any acid fans:

Original post by Aisha~~

Nothing new I know, but amazing tracks

A gift for Gob though, or any acid fans:

Yes, great song. I have the entire backlog of everything Leftfield related :wink:

Orbital's new album Wonky is out and i must say it's great.
Julio Bashmore on radio 1 now. Someone just asked him when he last spoke spanish and he was like well i just dj-ed out there a few weeks back so then.
Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare
Julio Bashmore on radio 1 now. Someone just asked him when he last spoke spanish and he was like well i just dj-ed out there a few weeks back so then.

Listening the now.
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Listening the now.

What did you think? I really enjoyed how he played recent stuff like L-Vis 1990's new one alongside classics by Kerri Chandler and MK.
Original post by Aisha~~

Anyone else hearing a Battle For Middle You sample in this?

Yeah that deffo is. Can you hear one in this too? The sound around 28/29 seconds in reminds of the sound around 8/9 seconds into BFMY.

What did you think? I really enjoyed how he played recent stuff like L-Vis 1990's new one alongside classics by Kerri Chandler and MK.

Yeah it was a really good show. Didn't manage to listen to it all though unfortunately.
Yeah that deffo is. Can you hear one in this too? The sound around 28/29 seconds in reminds of the sound around 8/9 seconds into BFMY.

Someone mentioned it's the 808 cowbell, which makes sense. Seen it in a load of Ramadanmans tracks too. Strange how people have a sudden interest in Juke...really can't see the attraction in that genre. Addison Groove's style is nice, but god forbid if we move towards the original style. Hate that ****.
It's just the 808, seems to have had a massive resurgence in popularity recently. It's great for low-budget producers that these kinds of basic presets are making a comeback.
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
It's just the 808, seems to have had a massive resurgence in popularity recently. It's great for low-budget producers that these kinds of basic presets are making a comeback.

There's definitely interest in footwork/juke...it's not just the 808. Still want to get a hold of one of those...it's just not as fun in VST form.

In other news, was dicking around yesterday and made a weird ass track. Don't have a clue what genre I'd call it, just a melting pot of influence. Wasn't really feeling it today, so just ended up recording and arranging really quickly, didn't bother with a mixdown. **** soundclouds compression though, ruins so much texture.

http://soundcloud.com/aisha808/depth
Reply 155
Original post by Aisha~~
^Checking it

Mayyy have posted this before, but nevermind. Kinky as hell:

Wow what a track, cheers for this gonna have to check more this album. Love this kinda track, great like build up and beats, can't stop nodding me head to it, and i just love that kinda of driving energy that it brings where the climax (excuse the pun) just continues, sorry my descriptions are terrible ha.

Great thread, some brill suggested tunes in here. May as well throw in some range of stuff that people may not have heard etc

then some eary deep house anyone

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 156
This might seems like a great thread, I've been stalking it for a bit as I've started teaching myself to DJ. Are some of you guys DJs/producers?

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on software/how they got started etc :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mau5

I can't stop listening to this, such a good mix! :love:

Shame I don't have anything to smoke to it. :ahee:
Original post by natty_d
This might seems like a great thread, I've been stalking it for a bit as I've started teaching myself to DJ. Are some of you guys DJs/producers?

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on software/how they got started etc :smile:

I started producing about 6 months ago, I use fl studio, but I've had to stop recently because of studying and work. Hoping to pick it up again during the summer. Will be on this thread a lot looking for inspiration I think lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Don't know if anyone has posted this already but found this house set on youtube:

[video="youtube;qCTis9A5UhM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCTis9A5UhM&feature=related[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest