The Student Room Group

Student Finance, Home Office Checks

Hi,

I submitted an application for student finance on the 04/02/2024. I've sent all documents requested of me by the student finance, all original biometrics, birth certificates and all. I've got an indefinate leave to remain, which started on the 4/01/2024, previous biometrics from 2021 to 2024, was all sent. I phoned student finance to check on progress of my application, only for them to tell me they waiting for home office to confirm my residency for the past three years. I still do not understand why, as all original Biometrics were sent. I phoned the Home office, an advisor told me there's nothing they can do, as they can't send any proof of residency, I should send the ones I have got to student finance. I'm really stressed, and don't know what else to do.
Original post by Jopk12
Hi,
I submitted an application for student finance on the 04/02/2024. I've sent all documents requested of me by the student finance, all original biometrics, birth certificates and all. I've got an indefinate leave to remain, which started on the 4/01/2024, previous biometrics from 2021 to 2024, was all sent. I phoned student finance to check on progress of my application, only for them to tell me they waiting for home office to confirm my residency for the past three years. I still do not understand why, as all original Biometrics were sent. I phoned the Home office, an advisor told me there's nothing they can do, as they can't send any proof of residency, I should send the ones I have got to student finance. I'm really stressed, and don't know what else to do.
Hi there,

We can't access accounts on this platform. A Home Office check is typically carried out on your behalf if you don't have all the evidence that's been requested. Once returned your application will be updated. The turnaround time for this can take up to 30 working days. I would advise keeping an eye on your account for an update once completed. You can track your application with our processing timescale via here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sfe-current-application-timescales or via your account here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo
Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending