The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got my phys prac results today. :colonhash:

So annoyed at how the UMS works for it, although I'm more angry at myself because I should have destroyed the paper.
Original post by Llewellyn
Got my phys prac results today. :colonhash:

So annoyed at how the UMS works for it, although I'm more angry at myself because I should have destroyed the paper.

Same here with history :colonhash:

How'd you do?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Same here with history :colonhash:

How'd you do?

I got 44/48 raw mark. Using last year's UMS, that should be 55/60. But the UMS boundaries won't be posted until August.

I lost marks on: missing out a forces question - I didn't see it (2), forgetting to put units for the gradient (1) and inaccurate measurements of refraction (1).

:sigh: could have been worse, but Physics is my thing and I was hoping for really good averages to make the application process easier.
I'm going to have to transpose a Bach suite from F to Bb (Cor Anglais to Bass Clarinet), and I need to finish up a Biology topic, but then I'll hopefully get round to posting some interesting puzzles/ questions :biggrin:
I'm going to have to transpose a Bach suite from F to Bb (Cor Anglais to Bass Clarinet), and I need to finish up a Biology topic, but then I'll hopefully get round to posting some interesting puzzles/ questions :biggrin:

Should have played the cor anglais. :colonhash:
I am going to go to school during study leave and revise there... home is too damn distracting. :colonhash:

39/40 for Physics practical... I read the x-axis wrong and put 0.3 instead of 3. :facepalm2: Why did I do that? :colonhash:
I missed out on the fun puzzles because I spent all of yesterday afterschool and night asleep. :emo:
Original post by Heptapus
Should have played the cor anglais. :colonhash:

I don't have £3500 (cheapest deal I could get for a second hand one) to burn on any more woodwind instruments.. :colonhash:
Reply 908
Original post by Maths_Lover
I am going to go to school during study leave and revise there... home is too damn distracting. :colonhash:

39/40 for Physics practical... I read the x-axis wrong and put 0.3 instead of 3. :facepalm2: Why did I do that? :colonhash:

Did you do the ISA then?
Original post by wcp100
Did you do the ISA then?

I just know it as the "Physics practical assessment". I don't actually know it's official name...
Original post by Maths_Lover
I missed out on the fun puzzles because I spent all of yesterday afterschool and night asleep. :emo:

:console:
:colonhash:

I hate all aspects of English :tongue:

Seriously? :O

I do hate most of it, but I kinda used to enjoy writing them first drafts and having scribbles all over the page, not being able to read anything on the page because you've written about 50 different things on top of it and then producing a final version :biggrin:

Yh I sound pretty sad!

I don't have £3500 (cheapest deal I could get for a second hand one) to burn on any more woodwind instruments.. :colonhash:

WTF!! :eek:
That's about £3500 too much!

I loved your puzzles yesterday :smile:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Seriously? :O

I do hate most of it, but I kinda used to enjoy writing them first drafts and having scribbles all over the page, not being able to read anything on the page because you've written about 50 different things on top of it and then producing a final version :biggrin:

Yh I sound pretty sad!

There isn't really a single bit I like about English. It just makes me sad.
Reply 913

:sad:

Stanza from a poem we studied today:

Let me sometimes dance
With you,
Or climb
Or stand perchance
In ecstasy,
Fixed and free
In a rhyme
As poets do.

(From Words, by Edward Thomas)
Nice, no? :redface:
:console:

:cute:

I wish I'd done Maths and Physics at HL :biggrin:

You picked the wrong subject :frown:

I agree with you on the last part though :K:

Original post by Etoile
:sad:

Stanza from a poem we studied today:

Let me sometimes dance
With you,
Or climb
Or stand perchance
In ecstasy,
Fixed and free
In a rhyme
As poets do.

(From Words, by Edward Thomas)
Nice, no? :redface:

That's quite good.

See, all the good things are in English :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
I love the fact that I revised my ass off for my 10 subjects for GCSE last year. This year comes round, only 4 subjects, cannot be assed. Don't understand how it's possible. An epic cram sesh shall surely ensue.
I... miss English. :ninja:
Reply 918
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
You picked the wrong subject :frown:

I agree with you on the last part though :K:

That's quite good.

See, all the good things are in English :wink:

I love English but I love languages more :tongue: I'd post some foreign poems but you wouldn't understand them :lol:
Die Gedichte des Goethe :sogood:
Original post by Etoile
I love English but I love languages more :tongue: I'd post some foreign poems but you wouldn't understand them :lol:
Die Gedichte des Goethe :sogood:

I don't particularly enjoy poems but that one was really good :smile:
'The something of something' - That's right I did 2 years of german :biggrin:

Latest