The Student Room Group

River Island recruitment day/interview, HELP?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm interested in the discounts and pay! Also, I have the Recruitment Event next Monday but it says at 00:00. I'm thinking this can't be right but im not sure? Thanks :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by CharlyFharly
Scratch that now apparently i have

What happened that you said you never had it now you have explain please x
Reply 42
I have an interview the coming Tuesday and it is meant to last 30 mins, does this mean interview format has changed? anyone?
There must have been a mistake in the system or something because the day after the interview i had got an email saying i hadn't got the job and then the day after i had a phone call from a manager saying that i had :smile:

My store doesn't have the uniform.
Discounts: depends on how many hours but Im currently only on 8
1 free top {more hours more tops}
1 pair of bottoms at 75% off
Around every 3 months

Im 19 add the pay is £6.08
Hi, I have my recruitment event tomorrow! I just don't know what to wear,I dont really hae much from river island but I won't wear anything with a brand name all over it... does it matter that I havn't got river island clothes on?

Also, how quick do they reply?
Reply 45
Original post by brogan1279
Hi, I have my recruitment event tomorrow! I just don't know what to wear,I dont really hae much from river island but I won't wear anything with a brand name all over it... does it matter that I havn't got river island clothes on?

Also, how quick do they reply?

Hey, which store are you applying for? I have my recruitment event tomorrow too!
Original post by Riix
Hey, which store are you applying for? I have my recruitment event tomorrow too!

lol Birmingham bullring...
Reply 47
I got a recruitment day next friday. Can someone tell me what happens during their recruitment day and what I need to know so I am prepared? I really need this job because I hate my current job. How many people attended as well? Thanks, just fill me in please :smile: really nervous!
Reply 48
I have mine in two hours. So nervous. I'll let you know how it went. Wish me luck! x :smile:
Reply 49
Hey!

Just thought I'll add. I've been given the job at RI and had my interview yesterday. So anyone stuck give me a buzz!
Reply 50
Hii had an interview at river island last month and I thought it went really well and had so much hope that I would get the job but got the email I was dreading lol. I dressed up well nice for it as well lol. And I did take part in the group discussions but I guess it just wasn't my luck :frown: but I just wanted to ask if you could give me tips because I have another river island interview next week Tuesday?

Thank you. Xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by MathewC
Hey!

Just thought I'll add. I've been given the job at RI and had my interview yesterday. So anyone stuck give me a buzz!

Hii had an interview at river island last month and I thought it went really well and had so much hope that I would get the job but got the email I was dreading lol. I dressed up well nice for it as well lol. And I did take part in the group discussions but I guess it just wasn't my luck :frown: but I just wanted to ask if you could give me tips because I have another river island interview next week Tuesday?

Thank you. Xx
Reply 52
Can someone just run through the recruitment day process please? And any tips to get the job. I hate the job I have at the moment, and this River Island job I'm applying for is perfect :smile: Many thanks and it's this coming friday btw x
Reply 53
Original post by barbie2012

Thank you. Xx

Hey,

Just be calm, my interview went like this - There was over 27 of us roughly, we had to do a ice breaker fire round, and then do a presentation in little groups on the three questions we got given, which is always the same (I've had three interviews in total for this company) and then one to one interview. You need to always express how much you love helping and serving customers and that customers feedback and ensuring they get 100% customer service is what drives you, and what gives you the pleasure of working. And for each question you get asked, go into detail as much as you can. Have you had a job before? If so use examples from that job.

Original post by oconnell95
Can someone just run through the recruitment day process please? And any tips to get the job. I hate the job I have at the moment, and this River Island job I'm applying for is perfect :smile: Many thanks and it's this coming friday btw x

Hey :smile:

As i said I've had three interviews, third time lucky, all in different stores in different towns.. Anyhow they all go somewhat like this.

Ice breaker -
quick info about yourself to the rest of the group,

Outfit build -
Either on your own or in a team pick a outfit out for a celebrity, and explain why you all picked this outfit (This is key to talk about as obviously you need to know fashion to work in it!)

Group presentation -
You get given three questions, something like "Why do you want to work for RI, What do you think is required for customer service, What options is there to offer customer service" And then as a group you normally feedback this, this is your IDEAL time to shine, and while in groups the staff will be taking notes on what you say in the group, do you talk? suggest ideas? Even if you dont talk at the end when you show everyone what you've done.

One to one interview -
You'll be asked some questions on what the role covers, ie have you dealt with a customer who's been angry if so how did you deal with this and what was the outcome? 90% of the questions are at least two halfs or three. So don't just say "Yes I kept calm in the situation" Say something like "Yes I kept calm in the situation when a customer felt they didnt receive the service offered, I asked the customer to explain the situation fully so i can understand how I may be able to help or if not how to support the customer in creating a solution for the problem. The outcome was that the customer was referrred the department manager for further help as with I gave the customer my full attention at all times and stayed with the customer until they left the store, to ensure they knew I was their first port of contact"

Hope this help guys! x
Original post by MathewC
Hey,

Just be calm, my interview went like this - There was over 27 of us roughly, we had to do a ice breaker fire round, and then do a presentation in little groups on the three questions we got given, which is always the same (I've had three interviews in total for this company) and then one to one interview. You need to always express how much you love helping and serving customers and that customers feedback and ensuring they get 100% customer service is what drives you, and what gives you the pleasure of working. And for each question you get asked, go into detail as much as you can. Have you had a job before? If so use examples from that job.

Hey :smile:

As i said I've had three interviews, third time lucky, all in different stores in different towns.. Anyhow they all go somewhat like this.

Ice breaker -
quick info about yourself to the rest of the group,

Outfit build -
Either on your own or in a team pick a outfit out for a celebrity, and explain why you all picked this outfit (This is key to talk about as obviously you need to know fashion to work in it!)

Group presentation -
You get given three questions, something like "Why do you want to work for RI, What do you think is required for customer service, What options is there to offer customer service" And then as a group you normally feedback this, this is your IDEAL time to shine, and while in groups the staff will be taking notes on what you say in the group, do you talk? suggest ideas? Even if you dont talk at the end when you show everyone what you've done.

One to one interview -
You'll be asked some questions on what the role covers, ie have you dealt with a customer who's been angry if so how did you deal with this and what was the outcome? 90% of the questions are at least two halfs or three. So don't just say "Yes I kept calm in the situation" Say something like "Yes I kept calm in the situation when a customer felt they didnt receive the service offered, I asked the customer to explain the situation fully so i can understand how I may be able to help or if not how to support the customer in creating a solution for the problem. The outcome was that the customer was referrred the department manager for further help as with I gave the customer my full attention at all times and stayed with the customer until they left the store, to ensure they knew I was their first port of contact"

Hope this help guys! x

"What options is there to offer customer service"

could you expand on this question please?
Reply 55
I've got one on Friday.

What did people wear?

I don't own any current RI stuff (not that I don't like it, I just haven't been buying much stuff recently!)

x
Reply 56
Original post by GaryGlobetrotter
"What options is there to offer customer service"

could you expand on this question please?

Things like delivery from website, other stores, offer alternative choices / similar choices :smile:

Original post by Poppyxx
I've got one on Friday.

What did people wear?

I don't own any current RI stuff (not that I don't like it, I just haven't been buying much stuff recently!)

x

That's fine, wear what you are comfy in, thats all they want. :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Poppyxx
I've got one on Friday.

What did people wear?

x

Where's your Recruitment day at?
Reply 58
Original post by MathewC
Things like delivery from website, other stores, offer alternative choices / similar choices :smile:

That's fine, wear what you are comfy in, thats all they want. :smile:

You absolute legend, many thanks!
Reply 59
Good luck to all who's got interviews today or this weekend coming. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending