The Student Room Group

EDL leader joins Sikh protest in Luton about arrest of suspected muslim rapist

Tommy Robinson, leader of the EDL was seen in Luton wearing traditional sikh head-covering amoungt a crowd of 300+ angry sikh men protesting the case of a muslim man arressted for suspected sexual assault of a sikh woman.

Is this more spectacular media band-wagon jumping and opportunism by the EDL or the start of a growing alliance in the UK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2167009/The-far-Right-leader-Sikh-headscarf-disturbing-anti-Muslim-alliance-EDL-joins-protesters-angry-grooming-girls.html?ICO=most_read_module

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The EDL have (as far as I know) always supported pretty much anyone but muslims so no shock here...
Interesting though, good for them to show support for the sikh community.
how do you know they were all angry? Sikhism will never join scum like EDL.
Reply 3
Original post by Bill_Gates
how do you know they were all angry? Sikhism will never join scum like EDL.

Actually they did :s-smilie:
Original post by tomp33
Actually they did :s-smilie:

a tiny proportion in Luton? come on. EDL just entered the crowd.
They're only supporting this because they think it will help their own cause. If it was a man who was a sikh who did the crime, they would be in the crowd of christians/muslims protesting. Its all racist nonsense. Justice should prevail disregarding religion. Lets face it, if it was a Christian man who committed the crime, he would not be there, and the fact that he is just shows how petty and racist he and the EDL are, who try to bully other religions, particularly Islam. I'd kick EDL and BNP members out of the country and welcome all the law abiding Muslims and people of any religion who come here to work hard and live a free life.
What's the point? He's been arrested. I don't know who these Sikhs and this EDL guy think they are but they're utterly retarded. If I went and sat outside of a police station every time any of my white or non-religious brothers were brought to harm I would not have a life and it's clear these retards do not either.
Did they target her cos she was Sikh?

I don't like this idea of distinguishing criminals by their religion or skin colour. A criminal is a criminal. It sounds like the Sikhs are taking this as a personal attack on their community by "those Muslims.". If there's a miscarriage of justice, why does it matter what religion the girl is? Sounds rather hypocritical.
Sikhs do themselves no favours with this sort of thing.
Original post by Dirac Delta Function

By that logic muslims do themselves no favours by sexually assaulting women. this crowd were venting anger
A thread concerning Muslims on TSR?! Well that is a surprise :rolleyes:

Hmmm, it would appear that the Sikh's are confusing a criminal with a muslim.
Let me make this clear. IF YOU STEAL YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM. IF YOU RAPE, YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM. IF YOU MURDER OR HARM INNOCENT PEOPLE, YOU ARE NOT MUSLIM.

And it amuses me greatly that Sikh's are collaborating with the EDL. A lot Sikhs come into the country illegally, whereas many British people I know converted to Islam so they would have more right in the country. And what are the EDL against? Immigration.
Reply 11
I don't understand why religion has to come into this matter. I wonder if the response would be different if it was allegation that a young Sikh woman had been sexually assaulted by a Sikh man. Would the Sikhs still go to the streets?

No surprise to the EDL joining anything against Islam and the EDL are for it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
What's the point? He's been arrested. I don't know who these Sikhs and this EDL guy think they are but they're utterly retarded. If I went and sat outside of a police station every time any of my white or non-religious brothers were brought to harm I would not have a life and it's clear these retards do not either.

:yy:
a muslim man arressted for suspected sexual assault of a sikh woman.

That's the key word here, for all we know the person may not even be guilty.

And dailymail? You are getting desperate.
Reply 14
Original post by Dirac Delta Function

I know, they should just send a tribute of Sikh virgin women to the Muslim community to appease them.
Original post by Perseveranze
That's the key word here, for all we know the person may not even be guilty.

And dailymail? You are getting desperate.

the sentiment in luton has probably arisen based on the numerous recent convictions of muslim men sexually abusing women and children that have been reported in numerous publications other than the DM.
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
the sentiment in luton has probably arisen based on the numerous recent convictions of muslim men sexually abusing women and children that have been reported in numerous publications other than the DM.

So they're still protesting for someone who may or may not be guilty?

And please provide the evidence (statistics) for this, the recent (I take it past few months) of the "rising number of Muslim men abusing women and children".
Original post by Perseveranze
So they're still protesting for someone who may or may not be guilty?

And please provide the evidence (statistics) for this, the recent (I take it past few months) of the "rising number of Muslim men abusing women and children".

Why are putting words in qutotations that neither i or none else here actually used?

There have been a number of recent high profile cases of muslim men convicted of sexual offenses against women and juveniles. Im sure portestors in luton are fully aware of these too. The EDL make great political capital from these cases( amoungst others)

if you are saying youre unware of them you are either lieing or pretending they didnt happen
Reply 18
Original post by Dubstep Prince
A thread concerning Muslims on TSR?! Well that is a surprise :rolleyes:

Hmmm, it would appear that the Sikh's are confusing a criminal with a muslim.
Let me make this clear. IF YOU STEAL YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM. IF YOU RAPE, YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM. IF YOU MURDER OR HARM INNOCENT PEOPLE, YOU ARE NOT MUSLIM.

And it amuses me greatly that Sikh's are collaborating with the EDL. A lot Sikhs come into the country illegally, whereas many British people I know converted to Islam so they would have more right in the country. And what are the EDL against? Immigration.

Actually, your still a muslim if you do those things, religious people can do those things too...
And the EDL aren't against immigration per se, more against muslims changing British tradition etc so things like sharia law taking over.

Personally, I don't know where I stand with this. I think it was good of the EDL to be there and although it may have been for publicity or whatever I couldnt care less. On the other hand, EDL are kinda violent and things sometimes.
.hm.
Original post by tomp33
Actually, your still a muslim if you do those things, religious people can do those things too...
And the EDL aren't against immigration per se, more against muslims changing British tradition etc so things like sharia law taking over.

Personally, I don't know where I stand with this. I think it was good of the EDL to be there and although it may have been for publicity or whatever I couldnt care less. On the other hand, EDL are kinda violent and things sometimes.
.hm.

Well it was said that if you don't pray you are a hypocrite. And the hypocrites are amongst the dwellers of the fire.
And if someone RAPED a women they have broken two sacred laws. Fornication and cruelty to women.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said those who are best to their women, are those closest to him. And if a person goes against this deliberately, they must doubt the prophet, subsequently the religion.
And what would scum like women beaters be doing praying? :rolleyes:

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. THE EDL ARE AGAINST ISLAM BECAUSE THEY DISLIKE ASIAN GANGS WHICH CONTAIN MANY YOUTHFUL MEN FROM ASIAN HERITAGE.

But Hindu's and Sikh's also participate. But they know Muslim's are more vulnerable due to the **** media.
That is why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending