The Student Room Group

Tell us your timetable!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do law at QM:

Mondays - 11-12, 3-5
Tuesdays - 11-12, 1-2
Wednesdays - N/A
Thursday - 10-11, 12-1, 2-3, 4-5 (stupid one hour gaps x_x)
Fridays - 9-10, 2-3

Plus 3 hours a week for french lessons as I'm on the year abroad course :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by jelly1000
My uni (UEA) has 7pm finishes

7pm!? Wow, now thats just cruel!
Reply 22
First year Maths at UCL.

Monday:
10-11 Applied Tutorial
11-1 Analysis

Tue:
9-11 Applied
11-1 Methods

Wed:
9-11 Analysis
11-1 Algebra

Thur:
9-11 Methods
11-12 Pure Tutorial

Fri:
9-11 Algebra
11-1 Applied
Reply 23
Any physics undergrads fancy posting theirs? I'm starting physics next year and I hope I can say goodbye to the 7am-5pm schedule I have at 6th form.
Reply 24
This is my Graphic Design timetable from 2011/12. It varies on the course you do and the University really but this is my usual time table.

timetablegd_01.JPG
timetablegd_02.JPG
timetablegd_03.JPG
Original post by Mill
Any physics undergrads fancy posting theirs? I'm starting physics next year and I hope I can say goodbye to the 7am-5pm schedule I have at 6th form.

I'm in my second year of astrophysics. I'm at Liverpool but I was at York last year so I have a more varied knowledge of timetables than many I suppose. On the while both have been pretty similar in terms of number of lectures and contact hours in total, I can't remember my timetable last year (it varied a lot) but my timetable for this semester is:

Monday
9-5 labs - I only have this every other week because I'm on astrophysics and lab time is reduced in second year. In my first year I was in every week from 1-5 , although I'd often finish an hour early and go home (sometimes even earlier on some experiments)

Tuesday
9-11 lecture
11-1 lecture
(free 1-2)
2-4 lecture (although this course has finished now - 4 weeks earlier than the rest - so I have this time off)
4-5 lecture

Wednesday
10-11 or 11-12 fdepending on the week) a 1 hour tutorial on a module

Thursday
9-10 lecture
10-11 lecture
(11-2 free)
2-4 lecture

And I have Fridays off.

This semester is a bit mad really. Tuesday is obviously packed, and Wednesday empty, and Friday totally free. Last semester it was a bit more spread out, so I didn't have 7 hours in one day! Straight physics students have more labs, although my labs also had a lecture component which filled in the 2-4 slot on Tuesday, so they also didn't have such a long day then. There are also a couple of extra thugs occasionally such as days where we have to give presentations which will fill out a couple of hours as well. Typically you'll be looking at 15-20 hours per week. It also winds down towards the end of term when courses start to finish.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Everyone seems to be in loads... Anyway, I do PHilosophy, religion & ethics @ Heythrop.

Mon: 11.30-1.30
Tues: 4.30-6.30
Wed: 9.30-11.30
Thurs: 11-1.

That's it. I also get 1-2-1 tutorials for all my essays I do, of which there are 12 which last like a half hour or whatever.
Original post by tikkitak
7pm!? Wow, now thats just cruel!

Try 9pm! :p: Although luckily that's only Mondays.

Here's my 24 hour week :

Monday

9-12
3-5
6-9

Tuesday

11-1

Wednesday

9-11

Thursday

12-3
3-6

Friday

12-3
3-6
(edited 12 years ago)
Tuesday 11-1

Thursday 10-12 :awesome:
Original post by Jiyeon
This is my Graphic Design timetable from 2011/12. It varies on the course you do and the University really but this is my usual time table.

timetablegd_01.JPG
timetablegd_02.JPG
timetablegd_03.JPG

... does one of yours say HARDCORE TYPOGRAPHY?
Thank GOD I decided against doing graphics at university, it's already killing me in college
Reply 30
Original post by sliceofcake
... does one of yours say HARDCORE TYPOGRAPHY?
Thank GOD I decided against doing graphics at university, it's already killing me in college

Haha it wasn't so bad! It was the lectures that killed me really (3-4 hrs with one 15 min break on the anatomy of type was a bit horrendous) the actual method and application was quite interesting! The course is really intense a bit more than I anticipated from going to the foundation year -> year 1 but it is enjoyable :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
BA History at Hull

Monday - 10am-12am ; 3pm-5pm
Tuesday - 12pm-1pm ; 4pm-6pm
Wednesday - Free! :biggrin:
Thursday - 5pm-6pm
Friday - 12pm-1pm

But I don't always have to come in for everything, a couple of sessions are only scheduled for once a fortnight and the first hour on the Tuesday is once every three weeks. :smile:
Reply 32
timetable untill last week
course: physics
monday
9am computer lab
10am-1pm labwork

tuesday
4pm maths lecture

wednesday
11am maths lecture

thursday
11am physics lecture
2pm maths workshop
4pm computer lab

friday
10am physics workshop
11am physics lecture
12pm maths workshop
3pm computer lab
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
For history & philosophy JH

monday - 12-1, 2-3, 3-4
tuesday - 12-1
wednesday - 10-11, 11-12
Thursday - 10-11, 12-1, 4-5
friday - 11-12
I do Psychology.

First Year:
Mon: 9-11
Tues: 9-11
Wed: 9-1
Thurs: 2-4
Fri: 9-11

Second Year:
Mon: 2-4
Tues: 11-4/9-4 every third week.
Wed: Off.
Thurs: Off.
Fri: 2-6.

Third Year:
Mon: Off.
Tues: Off.
Wed: 9-1.
Thurs: 9-11.
Fri: Off.

This year is a complete joke with regards to contact time, but on the plus side it gives me the chance to work a full time job which is fantastic.
Reply 35
Any business undergrads posting their timetables?
Reply 36
BSc Politics and Philosophy, LSE, first year

Monday: 12 PM-1 PM, 4 PM-6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM-11 AM
Wednesday: 9 AM-10 AM
Thursday: 12 PM-1 PM, 2 PM-3 PM
Friday: 11 AM-2 PM, 5 PM-6 PM

This was my timetable for Lent Term which ended a couple of weeks ago, but for the upcoming Summer Term, I hardly have to go in for the first couple of weeks, then have the next 8 weeks completely free for revision purposes/exams.
TIMETABLESEM12012.png
2nd year Bachelor of Arts.
MULT20003 is Research Methods
GERM is German 2a (or by european standards, B2)
LING is phonetics
and POLS is international relations
Reply 38
Original post by Unununium
Timetable.png
This is my timetable for one week this semester, however due to the nature of my subject (Forensic Science) - My timetable changes weekly which can be annoying!

This is at Lincoln University btw - hope this helps! =)

On your timetable where it says 'weeks 23' what does this mean. I'm going to uni in 2013 but I've seen a couple of timetables which have this and it confuses me of when the classes take place.
Original post by speps95
On your timetable where it says 'weeks 23' what does this mean. I'm going to uni in 2013 but I've seen a couple of timetables which have this and it confuses me of when the classes take place.

Not all modules run for the whole semester. The week number simply shows which week(s) the entry is referring to (with week 1 being the 1st week of term).

I think my timetable shows it better.

Untitled.png

In the middle column, the two modules take up the same lecture slot so they each run for half a semester each (weeks 1-6 and weeks 7-12). In the right column, the single module is double the credits, so it runs for the whole semester (weeks 1-12).

(The timetable you quoted does look quite confusing :confused:, and very busy on week 23)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending