The Student Room Group

T-shirts OVER long sleeved tops

Very random question but I'm interested to know for some reason. What's everyone's opinion of wearing a tshirt (or other short sleeved top) over a long sleeved hoody or fleece etc, whether doing it themselves or other people doing it?

http://blog.polo-shirts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/fotl_layered_tshirt-300x300.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Puny Earthling
Very random question but I'm interested to know for some reason. What's everyone's opinion of wearing a tshirt (or other short sleeved top) over a long sleeved hoody or fleece etc, whether doing it themselves or other people doing it?

http://blog.polo-shirts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/fotl_layered_tshirt-300x300.jpg

It's an American thing I think. I've always really liked the look, I think it's normally a short-sleeved T-shirt with long sleeves attached, but you can never find them here...
Reply 2
Original post by RyJ
It's an American thing I think. I've always really liked the look, I think it's normally a short-sleeved T-shirt with long sleeves attached, but you can never find them here...

I wasn't just thinking long sleeves attached to a short sleeved top, also something like a fleece then a tshirt over it, but you're right, I've looked for aaages and can't find anywhere that sells it in the UK.
A short sleeved tshirt over a hoody/fleece? :lolwut:
Reply 4
Very Sims 2.
Reply 5
Original post by sarahthegemini
A short sleeved tshirt over a hoody/fleece? :lolwut:

I was thinking the exact same :tongue:

OP, how would that work? A fleece is always going to be much larger and thicker than a normal shirt.
Bit 90s/ early '00s, don't really see many people wearing them these days.
It's a bit late 90's isn't it? :lolwut:
Reply 8
If you're a 90s grunger kid you might get away with it. Looks silly IMO and impractical.
Wow, my early 00's fashion has just come knocking.

OP, it's an OK look, just extremely dated. Like tshirts under open shirts. And as someone else has said, it's usually just a tshirt with the sleeves attached.
A lot of my boy-friends do this, they are on the more geekier side though :3
it will probably be in all the shops within a few years.
Reply 12

I think it looks ok.
Reply 13
Works for Sheldon Cooper and no one else.
Reply 14
I like it for girls. I do it sometimes but only with a tight, thin, stretchy top underneath, it looks awful when the top underneath is baggy, especially at the arms. Hoody underneath though?? Urgh :eek: I'm feeling claustrophobic just thinking about it.
Reply 15
So, so, so, so, so, SO, incredibly gay.
Reply 16
I do it all the time. XD If you're going to, then both shirts should be close-fitting.
I've got a T-shirt like this, thought it was a good idea when I was 15, don't think I'd wear it now at 22 though.
It works best with v neck tops. There's a nightmare with colours as well =\

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus S
Reply 19
I do it all the time, my work tshirts are short sleeved, and I want longer ones. I have a blue polo top with a tight black top underneath for the sleeves. I think it looks good...

Quick Reply

Latest