The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably doesn't make any difference, but i'm based in Central London for uni...
Has the loan been approved yet? You should get it in September.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Tattooed_Rogue
Has the loan been approved yet? You should get it in September.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well thanks for something I already knew and mentioned in my title.

September the what???? Before the 14th? Or after?
Reply 4
Original post by RollandGarros

After you register on your course.

Surely this information is on the student finance website somewhere?
Reply 5

Whenever they receive confirmation of your enrollment onto your course you should get your student finance, I don't really know the exact date.
Reply 6
Original post by noma5
Whenever they receive confirmation of your enrollment onto your course you should get your student finance, I don't really know the exact date.

As far as I know, it varies between each university, depending on their course start dates.

Probably should add, that's assuming student finance are on the ball, which is rare! I've seen people waiting into November before the first part of their student loan came through. That's the worst case scenario, but it's not uncommon for their to be delays with them processing your payment(s).
Reply 7
It'll probably come a couple of days after you register so you'll have to manage for about the first half of Fresher's without it.
They dont usually give it you in your freshers week, it usually is given the monday of the week when your lectures start. So if your lectures start for example on monday 14th then thats when you'll get your first installment.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 9
There is a timetable of payments on your student finance page. Remember that they are dependent on you registering/enrolling on your course which is done through your university before lectures. If you enrol after the date on student finance, then I think it's 3 days after the enrolment date.
You won't get paid until the university has confirmed with Student Finance that you have enrolled and are attending, usually you will get your money a week after you start (possibly sooner).
Reply 11
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
You won't get paid until the university has confirmed with Student Finance that you have enrolled and are attending, usually you will get your money a week after you start (possibly sooner).

My confirmation is done already or basically consider it done, I literally live 5 mins away from the Council place where it gets sorted and last year I went in person rather than filled a form.

My official start date is 1st October though, but I need to pay my house stuff in mid to early September, so i'm wondering if I can ask or find out if it can be or will be paid earlier than 1st October?
Reply 12
Original post by VickyTink
There is a timetable of payments on your student finance page. Remember that they are dependent on you registering/enrolling on your course which is done through your university before lectures. If you enrol after the date on student finance, then I think it's 3 days after the enrolment date.

Can you find me the link please? I will love you for 7 years!
Reply 13
Don't know if this makes any use but I also goto a Central London uni. I actually took out accommodation for next month and I start officially on the week beginning 24th Sept. Expected Paydate from SLC is 24/09/2012 as well.

Don't think I can give you a direct link cause it'll redirect you when you log in, but on the first screen after your password, secret answer etc etc. there's a link on the side saying 'View Payments' If you've signed your declaration and they've received it your payment should say 'approved'. The date for my first one is the 10/09/2012, which is the first day of term for us.
Reply 15
Original post by VickyTink
Don't think I can give you a direct link cause it'll redirect you when you log in, but on the first screen after your password, secret answer etc etc. there's a link on the side saying 'View Payments' If you've signed your declaration and they've received it your payment should say 'approved'. The date for my first one is the 10/09/2012, which is the first day of term for us.

Why do you start so early? What year are you in?
Reply 16

It's on YOUR student finance page. If you applied online then all you need to do is log in to see it. You should also have a paper copy of when you get your payments that they sent out to you.
Reply 17
This has probably been said on here already but you should get a letter from student finance with all the payment dates on :smile: It says on mine I will get paid around the 20th Sept after the uni have confirmed my enrollment.
Reply 18
The following information should be on your student finance account for your 2012-2013 application when you log in:-

You will receive your first payment(s) within 3 to 4 working days of your attendance being confirmed to us by your university or college.

All other payments should also be paid into your account within 3 to 4 working days of the expected payment date.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also need to have sent them your signed decleration in order for them to pay you on time. If you haven't done so already you should do this ASAP as it will likely take them a few weeks to finalise your application, since they will probably be dealing with applications which have been submitted late, and also with applications from EU students. The best thing to do in this case is to send your signed decleration via recorded delivery as you can be assured that they received it, and it has been accounted for, as it will require a signature. I done this with my mum's PFF2 form as I sent it off on the 29th June, which was the deadline day, but they got it on the 2nd July, and my account had been changed to say that they were now waiting on my signed decleration, which I'm gonna send off soon via recorded delivery. I don't know whether you will get paid at the start of September or the middle of it, as they don't usually pay you your loan until a few days before your expected payment date (that's what they do with me). I go back to uni on the 01/10/2012, but my first payment date is the 07/10/2012. In the past 2 years, my first payments for each year has always been either on the same day I start uni or a few days before, never after until this year, but it's only a week for me so I can survive. However, I doubt you will paid your loan in early or mid September, as I've never heard of anyone being paid a few weeks in advance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Why do you start so early? What year are you in?

I'm going into my 3rd year. Term starts the 10th, however I'll probably have an hour briefing that week, then lectures start the week after. We finish in May though, so I have the whole of summer off...whereas if you start October, I guess you finish well into June?

Latest

Trending

Trending