The Student Room Group

SFE Migraint worker change to settle status.

Hello!

I’ve applied for student finance as a Migraint worker last October because I had pre-settle status at the time. They award me tuition fee and maintenance loan this month but they didn’t pay me the entire maintenance Loan I was supposed to get because I wasn’t working during September and October. I have received , 2 days ago, my settle status and I’m going to ask student finance to change my application to Home Student instead of Migraint worker. Can I ask for the rest of the maintenance loan to be paid to me now that I’m going to be home Student?
Original post by Hugoaf42
Hello!

I’ve applied for student finance as a Migraint worker last October because I had pre-settle status at the time. They award me tuition fee and maintenance loan this month but they didn’t pay me the entire maintenance Loan I was supposed to get because I wasn’t working during September and October. I have received , 2 days ago, my settle status and I’m going to ask student finance to change my application to Home Student instead of Migraint worker. Can I ask for the rest of the maintenance loan to be paid to me now that I’m going to be home Student?

Hi there,

When did your course start and what day were you awarded your settled status?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
My course started 25-9-2023.
I was accepted into the course 16-10-2023.
My settle status was awarded today 8-2-2024.
My course started 25-9-2023.
I was accepted into the course 16-10-2023.
My settle status was awarded today 8-2-2024.

Hi there,

As your settled status was granted after the start of your 1st term then you would still not be eligible for the Maintenance Loan for term 1. Did you get the Maintenance Loan awarded for term 2 and 3 as you were then working?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Yes. I was told that I was awarded less money because I wasn’t working in the beginning of the year. I didn’t realised that I didn’t got paid for an entire term because of not been working for a month and a half.
Hi there,

Yes if you were not working on before the 1st of September then you would not have been eligible for the Maintenance Loan for the 1st term.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Thanks Drew!

In my situation, I was working before 1st of September. I was out of the country for the entire September month so I had quit my job at the time, I then started a new job around 16th of October. Do I still don’t qualify to get paid for the first term in this situation?
Hi there,

When did you leave your job?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 8
I believe around the 25th of August
I believe around the 25th of August

Hi there,

Then no you would not be eligible for the Maintenance Loan for the 1st term.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending