The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Ruby10
#

Mums and iPads... :biggrin:

I think you tried to quote me but its a bit of a struggle to read what you posted or why you quoted me...hmm

How can I help?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1421
Original post by Ruby10
Why has .exec got banned above us name?

Hey sorry for the late response! I've posted on the Liverpool thread :smile:
Reply 1422
Hey!i'm going there now -
Hey everyone!
I would like to know if BSMS look at your AS results or they just look at your predicted grades of AAAA and make up their minds. Anyone? :smile:
Original post by mollie.harris
Hey everyone!
I would like to know if BSMS look at your AS results or they just look at your predicted grades of AAAA and make up their minds. Anyone? :smile:

hmmm are you applying for 2013 entry? because it may have changed by then so I would double check with the website and admissions before you apply but I think they do look at AS results and use them along with your GCSE's and personal statement, I put mine on my UCAS.
Original post by bluebells1234
hmmm are you applying for 2013 entry? because it may have changed by then so I would double check with the website and admissions before you apply but I think they do look at AS results and use them along with your GCSE's and personal statement, I put mine on my UCAS.

I'll be sending my UCAS in October 2012. I've got a BCC in January but predicted AAA. I was wondering if they'll look at predicted grades or my modular grades too?:frown:
I'll be sending my UCAS in October 2012. I've got a BCC in January but predicted AAA. I was wondering if they'll look at predicted grades or my modular grades too?:frown:

They won't be able to see your modular grades (unless you specifically put them onto UCAS, which isn't required) but if they require your AS grades then you just have to put your final AS grades onto your UCAS e.g A or B etc not the ums from January and the summer and they also look at predicted grades. Don't worry, I didn't get straight A's at AS and I applied anyway because they look at other stuff too however quite a lot of other universities don't look as AS grades at all such as Leeds.
Original post by bluebells1234
They won't be able to see your modular grades (unless you specifically put them onto UCAS, which isn't required) but if they require your AS grades then you just have to put your final AS grades onto your UCAS e.g A or B etc not the ums from January and the summer and they also look at predicted grades. Don't worry, I didn't get straight A's at AS and I applied anyway because they look at other stuff too however quite a lot of other universities don't look as AS grades at all such as Leeds.

Thanks a ton! I'm afraid, my school doesn't cash in AS result, i.e. they won't be certificated. Just the predicted grades goes to the university. Would I be at a disadvantage in anyway? :/
Thanks a ton! I'm afraid, my school doesn't cash in AS result, i.e. they won't be certificated. Just the predicted grades goes to the university. Would I be at a disadvantage in anyway? :/

Hmmm i'm not sure, I would call admissions and ask.
I've got a few more weeks at BSMS until I graduate, and it's been a pretty good run. To everyone starting in 2012, good luck, and it'll be great.
I've firmed BSMS :smile:
Reply 1431

No mollie, not at all, (unless this has changed greatly over last few years, i'm a bit out of date) but at any rate when I applied the rumour was that if you had less good AS results but your school were going to predict you higher grades anyway then you were better off not cashing in the results.

At any rate, I don't think you will discriminated for not cashing in results because quite a few schools don't and medical schools know this is often not the applicants choice.
Hello all potential BSMS future students!

Matt and Whitney here, the newly appointed BSMS freshers reps for 2012. Our main role is to organize freshers week however, being the friendly people we are, we want to assist you with all your university needs.

If you have any questions about BSMS and being a medical student here, just ask!

See you in September?

Matt and Whit
Current BSMS 1st years
If i sat a gcse in Year 10 and then done it again in year 11, will it count as a resit? will it affect my application?
Reply 1434
Original post by MrAli786
If i sat a gcse in Year 10 and then done it again in year 11, will it count as a resit? will it affect my application?

I think you are probably best off emailing/ phoning admissions about this as its quite a specific set of circumstances and wouldn't want to give you the wrong information.
Reply 1435
( I would lean towards not because the date will look right, but you should def contact admissions)
What period do they start interviewing?
Reply 1437
Normally nov and feb but think they said it was all jan this year at the open day, not certain tho.
Original post by halfadoc
Normally nov and feb but think they said it was all jan this year at the open day, not certain tho.

Any idea of the selection, they told me I have 18.5/20 in academics but it was based on my gcses?
Reply 1439
Think its 50/50 academics to personal statement , so it depends so much on your personal statement score and on how good the cohort you are up against this year are score wise. That sounds like a good score tho, well done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending