The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Leeds takeover gone through. Hopefully get some decent loanees in before the loan window shuts tomorrow.
Reply 7481
Well my team are doing well this season (Hull) thanks to good old Steve Bruce
Two good quality loanees in. Hopefully get some good players in come January as well. Nice to have owners who care about building a team instead of a hotel.
Original post by LUFC Tom
Two good quality loanees in. Hopefully get some good players in come January as well. Nice to have owners who care about building a team instead of a hotel.

O'aye. The way this saga has gone only doesn't fill me with much optimism for GFH if I am honest, hopefully they'll proove me wrong.
Original post by 90pies an hour
O'aye. The way this saga has gone only doesn't fill me with much optimism for GFH if I am honest, hopefully they'll proove me wrong.

For now I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. One day in the job and already we have two good loanees signed. Warnock says there is more to come in January. Before then hopefully they can move towards buying back Elland Road and Thorpe Arch as well as sort out a few contracts i.e. Diouf's. Though I think the time to judge them will be the end of January. There is no excuse now not to make a number of good quality signings. We have to be aiming for players that any team in the Championship would want in their starting eleven.
Like it how Gillingham are still top of League 2 :smile: but only 2 points clear now after that 1-1 draw with Accrington on Saturday.
Sadly Sheffield Wednesday got took apart by Leicester
Original post by Rock Fan
Sadly Sheffield Wednesday got took apart by Leicester

Bad day for the Sheffield clubs. Glad I didn't go - I was working, came out of work and checked my phone to see we were 1-0 down. As I clicked on it (on BBC Sport) the second goal came through. Wasn't impressed after a good day at work!!!
Ordered my Crawley away tickets today...standing on a terrace 3 days before Christmas...must be bloody mad!!!:colondollar:
Original post by ipswichblade
Bad day for the Sheffield clubs. Glad I didn't go - I was working, came out of work and checked my phone to see we were 1-0 down. As I clicked on it (on BBC Sport) the second goal came through. Wasn't impressed after a good day at work!!!
Ordered my Crawley away tickets today...standing on a terrace 3 days before Christmas...must be bloody mad!!!:colondollar:

Ha it will be just a bit cold as well lol, I remember going to Gillingham once on a freezing winters day and the stand we were in had no roof.
Ha it will be just a bit cold as well lol, I remember going to Gillingham once on a freezing winters day and the stand we were in had no roof.

Yes. The coldest ground for me has to be Stoke in the middle of winter! :eek:

I know there is maybe another thread for this or it could go in the general football section but RIP Speedo, can't believe it's a year. Thoughts with family and friends.
Wow it's been a year already, cant believe it. Meanwhile Wednesday took another hammering at home to Watford, I do wonder how long Dave Jones has left.
Wow it's been a year already, cant believe it. Meanwhile Wednesday took another hammering at home to Watford, I do wonder how long Dave Jones has left.

Not long..unfortunately. :biggrin:
Original post by ipswichblade
Not long..unfortunately. :biggrin:

Yes Milan is usually very trigger happy
Reply 7493

I've done the exact same thing. Coldest ever football match I think. Nothing quite like the cool sea breeze smacking you in the face on Boxing Day.
Yes Milan is usually very trigger happy

Yep, can't see it being much longer now.
Is it the FA Cup 2nd Round this weekend?

Yep - I'll be going to the MK Dons - Wimbledon match. :smile:
Does anyone think that this will he be the first season that Cardiff go up; the welsh capital fails at the last hurdle every consecutive season.

I was going to call my ***** Cardiff City because it never goes up. :lol: (well at the right time)

Hopefully this season will be different

Also at the start of the season, many bookies had Leeds down as the favourites to win the league under the mastermind of Neil Warnock, I can't see it but it is still rationally possible. What do you guys think?
Original post by alex_hk90
Yep - I'll be going to the MK Dons - Wimbledon match. :smile:

Can't wait for this game!!

Yes.

Port Vale at home for us, yawn.

Latest