The Student Room Group

Examiner's Reports

Hi there
I can't seem to locate the Examiner's Reports for Edexcel's AS Unit 2 Biology January 2009 exam, if anyone has it can they post it here please?
I've searched the internet as well with no success.

Many thanks.
Reply 2

Thanks for this.
I had a bit of a query concerning Unit 2's Question 6(a),
The multiple choice mark scheme states that it is false that polysaccharides can have side branches.
I put that it was true, because I was thinking of Amylopectin which is a polysaccharide which is highly branched to release energy although the question was altogether confusing to me.

So what answer's right?
Original post by Mollymod
Thanks for this.
I had a bit of a query concerning Unit 2's Question 6(a),
The multiple choice mark scheme states that it is false that polysaccharides can have side branches.
I put that it was true, because I was thinking of Amylopectin which is a polysaccharide which is highly branched to release energy although the question was altogether confusing to me.

So what answer's right?

A Polysaccharide can be a long unbranched chain e.g. amylose as well but amylopectin is a Polysaccharide with side-chains . The mark scheme may be wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by ViolentMind
A Polysaccharide can be a long unbranched chain e.g. amylose as well but amylopectin is a Polysaccharide with side-chains . The mark scheme may be wrong.

Yeah the Examiner's Report doesn't seem to have picked up on it either.
The question's on the general term 'polysaccharides' from my understanding.
Here's the picture of the question next to the mark scheme.
Reply 5
Can sumone plz help me guys cz no hav no idea eat i am going through plz tell me wat type questions might com cz i am a private candidaye
Reply 6
Mollywood can u help
Reply 7
:frown::confused:
Reply 8
What do you need help with?
Reply 9
Wat type of experiments might come? And more problem wid sec 2
Reply 10
Plz sumone help
Reply 11
Violentmind:frown: