The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have no clue how, but I'm going to try and revise now for the first time in 5 days.

I hope one day I get to show Cam what they missed out on... I hope we all can. No-one knows true tension, worry and insane anxiety like us poolies. Take from that what you will, but I intend to make the most of whatever life throws at me, including this.

(also I wish I'd applied to Ox as my interviews both went great, and that's the key thing at Oxford, not who got so many little UMS ticks from shifty mark schemes. I could talk about chemistry for hours. Shame Cam only care about how well I jumped through hoops in a few anomalous exams. If I could go back in time and choose Ox I would)

Laters~
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Silverland
I have no clue how, but I'm going to try and revise now for the first time in 5 days.

I hope one day I get to show Cam what they missed out on... I hope we all can. No-one knows true tension, worry and insane anxiety like us poolies. Take from that what you will, but I intend to make the most of whatever life throws at me, including this.

Laters~

Good luck with everything man. Maybe see you there for a postgrad :wink:
Reply 2082
Original post by rooosy
No no no, cling on to the taps :wink: I applied to Sheffield (Offer - favourite so far!) Leeds (offer) QMUL (offer) UCL (nothing yet since the questionnaire...) and King's Cambridge... You? Where's your second choice? :smile:

For History right?
Durham haven't given me an offer yet, but that would be really helpful right now!
York, Exeter and Bristol have given me offers so far, preference in that order! :smile:
Reply 2083
Am I right in saying nobody (on here) has yet been pulled back out of the pool from their original preference college?
Reply 2084
Original post by Minerva
King's were very quick off the mark, by the Monday I think. It does vary... a lot

I was pooled by King's last year - they emailed all of us at about 10pm on the Monday. I guess if you don't hear anything at that time, whilst other people do, then that could be good news?

I wish I could refresh my phone, no news is definitely bad news and this waiting is killing me!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2085
Original post by JKA17
Am I right in saying nobody (on here) has yet been pulled back out of the pool from their original preference college?

I think I've seen one person pulled back by robinson, but I can't be sure
Reply 2086
A few questions for anyone with a bit of time on their hands......
1. When will the last invite for interview be given out, today or tomorrow.
2. Can a college contact someone else in the pool if they where not impressed by their interviewed candidates?
3. When is the earliest I can expect a rejection letter?
Thank-you!
Out of interest what is different about medics being pooled?
Original post by Minerva
x

Now that I have an interview from Fitz, would it be at all okay to phone Trinity Hall and ask for interview feedback?
Reply 2089
Original post by Amber13
2. Can a college contact someone else in the pool if they where not impressed by their interviewed candidates?
Thank-you!

1. Tomorrow
2. Yes but I think the college can choose only one person who can be considered post-interview stage.
Update: Colleges can mark one applicant per subject who they may or may not wish to bring into consideration after pool interviews.
3. Hard to say but colleges try to get them to you as quick as possible. Offers can be made up till the 14th/15th though so don't give up yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2090
Original post by WJRA
1. Tomorrow
2. Yes but I think the college can choose only one person who can be considered post-interview stage.
3. Hard to say but colleges try to get them to you as quick as possible. Offers can be made up till the 14th/15th though so don't give up yet.

Thank-you very much for your advice, really appreciate it!

(also I wish I'd applied to Ox as my interviews both went great, and that's the key thing at Oxford, not who got so many little UMS ticks from shifty mark schemes. I could talk about chemistry for hours. Shame Cam only care about how well I jumped through hoops in a few anomalous exams. If I could go back in time and choose Ox I would)

Laters~

Good Luck Silver - Tomorrow shall be our day!
Reply 2092
Original post by inangel123
yep from downing, where were you pooled from?

From Queens'. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 2093

Laters~

I will be crossing everything for you :biggrin:
Reply 2094
This pooling business is probably making me fall out with a very good friend of mine as I'm incredibly bitter that he's just been fished for maths (Girton).

Ty Cambridge for unleashing the worst in me :V

(In other news I'm being consumed by a cathartic envy. If anyone else is hoping to go to Durham if Cam don't fish them, then I hope to see you there~!)

Did he get fished without reinterview?
Reply 2095
Original post by Amber13
Thank-you!

WJRA answered the rest, but I think the answer to 3. is that you'll only find out if it's unsuccessful by your preference college at the end of january - that's what King's told me when they emailed me about being pooled!

Laters~

But what if you get in? Surely you'd prefer studying at Cambridge than Oxford right? Then all this tension will seem worth it. I wish you good luck!
Original post by _Georgie
Did he get fished without reinterview?

Yup

He is now proclaiming the wonders of all things Girtonian.

I am extremely jealous of him so am naturally mocking his pooling to Girton, despite actually being incredibly jealous of him and all of the other fortunate fished poolies. Ah well.
Original post by \/ibhav
But what if you get in? Surely you'd prefer studying at Cambridge than Oxford right? Then all this tension will seem worth it. I wish you good luck!

True. But time goes on there's only so long I can wait before I donate all my Cam prospectuses to school (and I had quite a lovely collection of the different college prospectuses too!)

Best of luck to you too.
I've been lurking on this thread since 3pm yesterday but I just got an offer for Maths at Girton (well actually the email came into my junk folder at 12:14 and I've been doing other things, like dancing around the house etc) and I thought I'd share it with you.

Latest

Trending

Trending