The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
I applied for Music at Sidney Sussex and got pooled, but I was fished by Churchill today. These past few days have been incredibly stressful. Good luck to all of my fellow fish!
Original post by Rhiannonymous
I just assumed because I thought Queens' is a particularly competitive college to get into? Please correct me if I'm wrong :P

i like your thinking, we'll go along with that :wink:
Original post by bealey101
i like your thinking, we'll go along with that :wink:

What did you apply for?
Original post by Chrisgame
What did you apply for?

engineering, what about you?
Original post by bealey101
why is getting pooled from queens' particularly a massive achievement? that's where i applied, i just though a pool was a pool haha?

have you also been pooled for interview at Murray Edwards from Queens Bionatsci? I think it's an achievement as so many people apply to queens' so a small amount are pooled...? And it shows you are of 'cambridge standard', very few people are reinterviewed as it is
Reply 3105
I wish I was fished by Jesus
Reply 3106
do the colleges know what college has pooled us?
Original post by gregzz

....pun intended? :P
Original post by gregzz

Hahaa see what you did there :P
Reply 3109
Original post by Rhiannonymous
....pun intended? :P

Yes and no, it would be funny to say I got fished by Jesus when people ask me about Cambridge, but I just really want to get fished :frown:
Original post by kset
do the colleges know what college has pooled us?

Yepp it's on the applicants cover sheet as well as what they thought of us :s-smilie:
I'm starting to catch a cold from this pool
This is bad......3 of my exams are a week away and instead I'm getting distracted by all this waiting.... :s-smilie: (and TSR :wink: )
Reply 3113
Original post by \/ibhav
I only did 4 before hand and then 1 more in the interview, now you just made me really nervous.

I also got pooled by Trinity for maths - no news yet.

Does anybody know how many problems people who got into Churchill solved at the interview?
Original post by belisarius
Oh wow thats a bit bigger than just the UK :tongue:

I applied for Phys NatSci at Churchill, been pooled but haven't heard owt yet. Tbh it seems like hardly any natsci have thusfar so im not too worried (im kidding ofc im terrified)

hahaha :biggrin: we both need to just hang in there. :cool:
Original post by gregzz
Yes and no, it would be funny to say I got fished by Jesus when people ask me about Cambridge, but I just really want to get fished :frown:

Same.....I just want any kind of definite response now....

What did you go in for? :smile:
Reply 3116
Original post by annehogarth
I don't do geography but could you not say that shoppers are like people migrating from the EU, any £s spent is there contribution to society if they come to work and the goods purchased is money sent home? As I said working of geography GCSE but just curious if this could be near correct...

That would be okay for GCSE level, I started talking along those lines but he steered me towards talking about the financial crisis and how this affected migration into/out of the UK and consequently what effect this had on supermarkets.
Hey guys, Downing pooled me for Economics on Friday and just emailed me today saying that they will offer me a place anyway! Really weird, but so thrilled!

Best of luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3118
Could we get a letter tomorrow saying we've been fished or is it more likely by email/phone?
Original post by Hebbamundo
Hey guys, Downing pooled me for Economics on Friday and just emailed me today saying that they will offer me a place anyway! Really weird, but so thrilled!

Best of luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey congratulations!! :smile: What time did they e-mail you?

Latest

Trending

Trending