The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matheusz11
Pooled by Trinity for mathematics.
Got email today with direct offer from Churchill College.

Good luck to everyone and do not lose hope!
I must admit that through last 2 days I certainly was in a limbo state :wink:.

Hi, how many questions did you answer in the quiz?
Also congratulations!!!
Original post by Silverland
Said no-one ever

:lol: prsom
Original post by Silverland
Said no-one ever

I just got very excited for you and then it was crushed :frown: I'm sure both our offers will come tomorrow!!
Original post by Greensea
I JUST GOT AN OFFER!! I originally applied for Mathematics at Trinity, got fished by Churchill. I'm overjoyed right now! :biggrin:

Hi, how many questions did you answer in the quiz?
Also congratulations!!!
If Magdalene doesn't fish back up at least a few of us poor Magdaleners, I'm sending them a strongly worded letter about the way they phrase their pool letter :unimpressed:
So is today over then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gregzz
AQA, it's coursework with an exam paper, but the grade boundaries are so tight that if you lose one raw mark, you lose 4 or 5 UMS :/
Are you on your gap year, I think I saw your posts before, but due to this stress I've got a memory like a gold fish

Ah I see, yeah we had IAAs similar to those at GCSE (taking OCR at A-Level). Haha no I'm going straight into uni after all this hallabaloo.......

Memory like a goldfish, a chicken, an amnesia sufferer and a goldfish :P
Original post by Brighter_Star
If Magdalene doesn't fish back up at least a few of us poor Magdaleners, I'm sending them a strongly worded letter about the way they phrase their pool letter :unimpressed:

lol what did they say? :P
Reply 3148
Original post by \/ibhav
Can people stop asking if today is over for offers?!!! No one here knows!!

it is rly... lets be honest nobody will be sending offers to anybody at 8pm :biggrin:
Can people please stop asking if today is over for offers?! No one here knows!!
Reply 3150
Original post by jdel123
Got pooled by Pembroke for Theology wondering if anyone's been fished for TRS yet??
I also got pooled for TRS (from Corpus) havent heard anything :/ good luck!
Reply 3151
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Ah I see, yeah we had IAAs similar to those at GCSE (taking OCR at A-Level). Haha no I'm going straight into uni after all this hallabaloo.......

Memory like a goldfish, a chicken, an amnesia sufferer and a goldfish :P

Got any offers yet?
I like your sense of humour :biggrin:
Hey congratulations!! :smile: What time did they e-mail you?

Thanks! I think it was around 3:30.
Original post by gregzz
Got any offers yet?
I like your sense of humour :biggrin:

Lol thanks :P So far, Leicester and Exeter for Physics and Astrophysics and still waiting on Edinburgh and Durham (as you'd expect, they like taking their time XD)

How about you? :smile:
Reply 3154
Lol thanks :P So far, Leicester and Exeter for Physics and Astrophysics and still waiting on Edinburgh and Durham (as you'd expect, they like taking their time XD)

How about you? :smile:

I've got offers from Southampton, York, Bristol and Birmingham for Computer Science, but I really rushed with my choices :frown: I don't really feel like going to any of them, even though I enjoyed their open days :/
Original post by annehogarth
I'm sure both our offers will come tomorrow!!

I hope so too. So very much

In all honesty this feeling is like nothing else in the world. Cambridge are miles behind. The pooling systems of Oxford (without this anxious interim wait) and Durham (where college choice has absolutely no bearing on how likely you are to get in) are far superior.

But whatever happens I hope us poolies all keep in touch as this experience is what binds us together and will be unique to us all, whatever happens.

Don't lose the hope!
Still nowt. Okay, rejection it is.

Honestly, it's not the rejection that will hurt, it's the wait. The whole pooling timeline seems pretty Godawful.
Original post by gregzz
I've got offers from Southampton, York, Bristol and Birmingham for Computer Science, but I really rushed with my choices :frown: I don't really feel like going to any of them, even though I enjoyed their open days :/

Ah I know that feeling.....do you think maybe your judgement could be clouded by the fact that you have a chance of going somewhere that is considered far "greater?" I've had that feeling for a while, almost to the point where I didn't even feel like going to Durham! O_O
Original post by YDQ
Heard anything yet, Engineers?

Nope :frown: not yet! Keeping faith though :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3159
Ah I know that feeling.....do you think maybe your judgement could be clouded by the fact that you have a chance of going somewhere that is considered far "greater?" I've had that feeling for a while, almost to the point where I didn't even feel like going to Durham! O_O

I should have applied to Durham :frown:
It's probably that, but Cambridge is far superior to every other uni in UK for CompSci :frown: I just don't like the idea of failing, everyone here has probably never failed academically, we were always top students in our schools/colleges and now we're facing a possibility of getting rejected.. :/

Latest

Trending

Trending