The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silverland
Tense. Not been rejected but not been fished.

I've been trying to console myself by seeing what I'd miss out on if I got in and it's looking quite good. Durham has some excellent student societies which I even Cam don't have which I like the look of.

A lot of lucky Pembroke scientists have been fished though, and I'm worried because I sure haven't been :<

I really want to e-mail Pembroke and ask what's going on u__u

Pembroke scientists have been fished?!!

Not on TSR though?

Uh oh

We're slowly drowning then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by und
If anyone's interested my friend who applied for maths at Emma was today given an interview by Caius.

Same for me! :O

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by mick.the.fish
Pembroke scientists have been fished?!!

Not on TSR though?

Uh oh

We're slowly drowning then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll all go drown together
Reply 3463
Original post by AlexandraSophia
Thank you! :smile: So we'll be notified by the end of the month, I presume?

According to the pool document, yes, however certain colleges (although only a few) have informed their poolees that they have been unsuccessful already. I prefer to be notified earlier just to be able to focus on revision more, although as the days have gone by, I have managed to focus more and more. Anyway, good luck in the pool!
Original post by Axion
i got rejected by email at 3pm.

Fun times

sorry man, where were you pooled from? what subject?
Reply 3465
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Same for me! :O

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hehe. You have competition. :wink:
Original post by jqian
According to the pool document, yes, however certain colleges (although only a few) have informed their poolees that they have been unsuccessful already. I prefer to be notified earlier just to be able to focus on revision more, although as the days have gone by, I have managed to focus more and more. Anyway, good luck in the pool!

Any idea which colleges? I can't find any statistics anywhere :frown:
Tense. Not been rejected but not been fished.

I've been trying to console myself by seeing what I'd miss out on if I got in and it's looking quite good. Durham has some excellent student societies which I even Cam don't have which I like the look of.

A lot of lucky Pembroke scientists have been fished though, and I'm worried because I sure haven't been :<

I really want to e-mail Pembroke and ask what's going on u__u

Ah, I tried doing that. it helps a little bit, but of you can try doing something else like work.

:console: I hope you hear good news soon :biggrin:
Reply 3468
Original post by jqian

Do you know which colleges? i know Kings has but i'm not sure on any of the others :c
EMAIL!....GetRevising.co.uk....oh GREAT thanks for reminding me.
Reply 3470
Original post by 777edr777
Any idea which colleges? I can't find any statistics anywhere :frown:

They're not official statistics, I just read through some of the posts over the last 24-48 hours, King's for example have informed a lot of unsuccessful poolees already and a lot of King's pool's people were on yesterday saying they were informed of being rejected. If you've not heard anything yet after being pooled, then you never know if you've got an offer or not! Although, I'm also getting slightly desperate but I feel a lot better today compared to 2 days ago when I got pooled. Keep your head high :biggrin:
I HATE YOU CAMBRIDGE

but I still love you :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3472
Original post by willwba
Do you know which colleges? i know Kings has but i'm not sure on any of the others :c

One person from Clare so far, but I can't confirm if everyone Clare applicant has been informed because it is not very good to base the 'theory' on one person.

EDIT: This person has e-mailed Clare and so may not been sent the e-mail if not requested.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3473
Original post by und
Hehe. You have competition. :wink:

:colone:
Original post by manonhuckle
Haha do you know it certainly feels like that! Oh god imagine! :O
I'm also really confused about our Jesus letter? They state "unfortunately they haven't selected us at this stage" but does that mean that they are still looking, or what?

Talk about confusing.

I suppose if you look at it literally it does seem to suggest there is still a chance they may reconsider us... but I wouldn't look into it too much ! :biggrin: To be honest I just see a pool letter as an attempt at a painless rejection :P i.e. "no we don't want you, but hopefully some other college will"

EDIT: appears to be a lot of people suggesting that those who are rejected should state from which college? May be good for some people's peace of mind. I would say that is probably going too far, but after reading 170 pages of this thread nothing would faze me anymore...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mick.the.fish
I HATE YOU CAMBRIDGE

but I still love you :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

You haven;t been rejected have you? :<
That's me gone, best wishes to anyone still swimming.
You haven;t been rejected have you? :<

Haven't been rejected (yet)

Just letting some anger out :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3478
Pooled for St Catz and just got a phone interview for Trinity Hall!!! (EU applicant)
Reply 3479
At this stage I am considering phoning my original college to withdraw my application. I just need to bring an end to the stress!

Latest

Trending

Trending