The Student Room Group

The "female mind" unveiled

Scroll to see replies

Original post by riotgrrl
It's obviously a difficult thing to quantify and I'm not saying that men don't also suffer abuse, but statistics do suggest the majority of those who are worst abused are women:

You can also see this list of statistics from the ManKind website, which is a group who support male domestic victims of violence, which says that about a third of victims of domestic violence are men:

http://www.mankind.org.uk/pdfs/21KeyFacts_Jul2012.pdf

I think one of the mistaken assumptions people make about feminists is that they don't care about inequalities that men suffer, whereas issues of equality on behalf of men such as parental rights, paternity leave, etc. do matter to a lot of feminists. It's just that women suffer more inequality and that's the main focus.

No they really don't care they boycotted a male awareness conference in Canada, don't try telling me feminists care about men, they keep pointing out that only >50% of C.E.Os are male they keep forgetting that 1 its not easy for men either and 2 men are more likely to still be working after 40, the domestic abuse statistic can I just ask one question why are DV rates so high in lesbian relationships? 3 its still 1/3 don't dismiss it society it harsher to male victims than female victims on top of that I bet it would be a lot higher if men didn't feel like society was so hostile towards them. 4 there was a video on YouTube of a guy getting his penis cut off by his wife, the audience was laughing, someone said what if that was a women reviveing it from a man the host said "its different" tell me that feminists are changing society for better how by telling people rape and DV is bad? Like as if we didn't know that already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dragonfly07
Edit: Guys if you want me to reply to you then you have to actually reply to me in the body of your text and not in the quotes. I don't want to (and I will not) go to the effort of copying and pasting your responses.

Edit number 2: People seem to be taking this thread to mean that this is the supposed moral behaviour. Morality is subjective. What I'm writing is simply what I think are reasonable explanations for stereotypical occurrences. Whether you think they're moral or not is up to you. If you let natural occurrences dictate morality then you're an idiot.

So I found out there are so many threads on TSR trying to figure out the "mysterious female mind", I thought I'd make a thread to try to explain it from my perspective. I found some stereotypes and gave explanations for them. If you can think of any other stereotype, post it in the thread and I'll attempt to address it with an explanation.

1) Women are likely to reject you if you seem interested, but they would be intrigued by you if you don't show any interest in them.

Explanation: A woman usually starts off being flattered by men's advances the first time it happened to her. Over time, a statistical pattern starts to form in which the number of perverted men who only wanted her for sex > genuine men. Consequently, the default position for interested men in her head is in the "pervert" category.

As a result, men who don't seem interested in her would automatically stand out and will appear to be better prospective partners because they obviously aren't sex crazed or weird if they're not actively going after her or even paying her attention.

2) Girls don't know what they want.

Explanation: girls know that they want to avoid giving instructions. They will beat around the bush and give you clues so that you can figure it out yourself, because THAT is what girls want. They want you to be telepathic. Literally. The reason: they want to feel like their partner knows them well enough to figure out what they want without having to tell them what it is specifically.

3) Girls don't like sex.

Explanation: girls do like sex. The problem is, sex usually ends with the man getting pleasure but the woman not getting as much pleasure as she could potentially get (because men can orgasm in less than 3 minutes and women take about 20 on average).

Result: women figure out that, if they don't enjoy sex most of the time, they may as well use sex as a means to get what they want (hence withholding sex as punishment or giving sex as a reward).

4) Girls go for *******s

Explanations: girls don't go for *******s. The guys who consider themselves "nice" and every other potential guy an "*******" are actually the *******s themselves, and the "*******s" who are reading this will understand what I mean.

If you think you're a nice guy and you aren't sure why you keep getting rejected, then take the time to read this article and see if the description fits you: http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

_ _ _
Post as many stereotypes as you want in the thread. I'll answer them if I think they're correct and ignore them if I think they're fabricated and/or stupid.

I have a tiny penis..what do women think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jreid1994
No they really don't care they boycotted a male awareness conference in Canada, don't try telling me feminists care about men, they keep pointing out that only >50% of C.E.Os are male they keep forgetting that 1 its not easy for men either and 2 men are more likely to still be working after 40, the domestic abuse statistic can I just ask one question why are DV rates so high in lesbian relationships? 3 its still 1/3 don't dismiss it society it harsher to male victims than female victims on top of that I bet it would be a lot higher if men didn't feel like society was so hostile towards them. 4 there was a video on YouTube of a guy getting his penis cut off by his wife, the audience was laughing, someone said what if that was a women reviveing it from a man the host said "its different" tell me that feminists are changing society for better how by telling people rape and DV is bad? Like as if we didn't know that already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, that was horrific to try and read.

1. Who is "they"? Feminists? As a whole? Every single one in the world? Or a specific group?
2. Just because it's "not easy for men either" doesn't negate the fact that the percentage of major companies that are run by women is low o.0
3. I have no idea why the rates amongst lesbians are higher.
4. I didn't dismiss it. Read my post properly.
5. It's not about telling people that rape and domestic violence are bad, it's about improving protection and conviction rates, taking care of victims, changing attitudes (e.g. those like Todd Aiken's on "legitimate rape"), getting rid of victim blaming and rape culture, etc.
Ok, that was horrific to try and read.

1. Who is "they"? Feminists? As a whole? Every single one in the world? Or a specific group?
2. Just because it's "not easy for men either" doesn't negate the fact that the percentage of major companies that are run by women is low o.0
3. I have no idea why the rates amongst lesbians are higher.
4. I didn't dismiss it. Read my post properly.
5. It's not about telling people that rape and domestic violence are bad, it's about improving protection and conviction rates, taking care of victims, changing attitudes (e.g. those like Todd Aiken's on "legitimate rape"), getting rid of victim blaming and rape culture, etc.

1 yes feminists as a whole to be honest with you, they think ever single guy either rapes or supports rape. the radical feminists are the ones who get heard the most the real question, is, why dont you stop them? The feminist movement is about making out females to be the victim, what about when males are the victims, "oh your a male, tough it out".

2 because less women than men want to be a C.E.O Mabie? You need to have psychopathic traits to be a good C.E.O less women have it.

3 well if its disproportionately high among lesbians, then that's probably why its 1/3 of male victims instead of 1/2. The percentage of men and women suffering DV in heterosexual relationships are nearly identical ie within 1.5% if that. Nothing to do at all with males, is it, no its F-F DV not M-F.

5 my friends brother got sent to prison because of a rape he didn't commit, he spent six months in prison the girl then said "I was joking" that's why. The court wants actual evidence, they don't just take someone's word for it. I'm not making it up its happend quite often in modern society, women lie just as much as men do, you know that, right?

4 but society is much more sympathetic towards female victims, than men, I'd like to hear why there is so much more support for female victims instead of males

6 when a male does it to a female, its rape when a female does it to a male its sexual assault, which one sounds worse? I know which one does, I'm not at all going to say that rape and sexual assault is more common against men, but, that does that mean that there should be no support spent on males? Well does it?

7 why is there so much more support for DV for females than males? I think that I know why, because feminists make it out like it can't happen to men.

edit: surprise, surprise I'm shocked you can't come up with absolutey anything to prove me wrong wow, I'm shocked:rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Take a look at statistics for rape and domestic abuse. Yes, men are also raped and abused but the vast majority are women and the conviction rates, particularly for rape, are shockingly low.

Men don't get raped as often by men because most men find women sexually attractive. (yes, I know there's power involved also in cases). Legally, men can't get raped by women as it's classed as sexual assault. Conviction rates are low because women often lie about being raped because of shame or attention or whatever reason they feel like, putting a bad name on the ones who do get raped. Even then it's hard to provide evidence someone was actually raped.

Basically, what you said has nothing to do with sexism. And your arguments in the earlier posts are dumb.

Ok, some feminists perhaps are doing it in the best interest. But from what I see, a lot don't give a **** about men. Like someone said in an earlier post, women were laughing about a guy getting his penis cut off on a femnist show. If a man cut off a womans tits then it'd be an uproar if men were laughing in a mysgonist show. (sorry for sp, I never use this word). There are various articles on femnists destroying flyers for mens rights and such. Basically, feminists only care about themselves. (mostly)

To get a high position in a job, unfortunately you need to be competant. You can only bang your boss so many times to get promoted but to get to the big boy position, you need to know what you're doing. Also 3/100 men are psychopaths and 1/100 women are psychopaths. Most CEO's are psychopaths (psychos are the best business people). Get my drift?

I've countered your argument earlier however I'll say that a lot of men WON'T come forward, hence statistics. Men won't usually lie about being raped or "sexually assaulted" either.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Michaelj
Men don't get raped as often by men because most men find women sexually attractive. (yes, I know there's power involved also in cases). Legally, men can't get raped by women as it's classed as sexual assault. Conviction rates are low because women often lie about being raped because of shame or attention or whatever reason they feel like, putting a bad name on the ones who do get raped. Even then it's hard to provide evidence someone was actually raped.

Basically, what you said has nothing to do with sexism.

She don't have a clue to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
She don't have a clue to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know what they say about women and logic...
You know what they say about women and logic...

She kept skewing statistics, missed my point completely about DV rates in lesbian relationships, and that when a man has sexual intercourse against his will, its sexual assault. I don't believe she went Oxford to be honest.
Edit: she's apparently a liberal feminist that's hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
She kept skewing statistics, missed my point completely about DV rates in lesbian relationships, and that when a man has sexual intercourse against his will, its sexual assault. I don't believe she went Oxford to be honest.
Edit: she's apparently a liberal feminist that's hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't need common sense to get into university. You just gotta be good at reading a text book and memorising everything... And to maybe impress the interviewers, have a real posh accent.

Imagine the abuse we'd get for calling ourselves "liberal mysgonist" or whatever it is?
You don't need common sense to get into university. You just gotta be good at reading a text book and memorising everything... And to maybe impress the interviewers, have a real posh accent.

Imagine the abuse we'd get for calling ourselves "liberal mysgonist" or whatever it is?

Oh well I'm only in my first year of 6th form, but she quite clearly don't have any clue what she is talking about. She is clearly either very stupid very nieve, or a lesbian trying to belittle men.

I have nothing at all against lesbians, in any way shape or form,(one of my friends at college is a bisexual), but come on, girls have it much easier in society. The legal system (divorce and child support and abortion rights and judges in crinimal cases are usually more lenient on women.) To military (less physically demanding for women to get in.) DV and rape support (much more spent on both for support for women than men) Health (660% less spent on prostate cancer than cervical and more deaths.) To jobs ( women can get men fired very easy).

I could find lots of sources to support it she has one source herself that proved my point. The one about DV, 2000 beds dedicated to women 72 to men in the UK, she must be pretty dim.

Edit: liberal misogyny lol well apparently she's a liberal misandric, ROFL, I'd love to hear her cone up with sources to back up her points, lol she obviously couldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Come on explain my points I'd love to hear why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My issue with this is that many feminists seem to confuse patriarchy with all men. More importantly, the majority of men these days aren't sexist in any meaningful sense.

The fact of low numbers of women at the top levels of politics, business and the professions has myriad reasons. One is that it is bloody hard to shift society in large ways like the way gender roles are divided and categorised.

From the dawn of time until living memory, women have been in a subordinate role to men. The changes we've seen in terms of women's participation and engagement in society and the workcace, the last 50 years have been profound and probably beyond prediction for someone living 50 years ago.

Just because it's not perfect doesn't mean that we're not moving in the right direction, and it doesn't mean most men are sexist or to blame for the status quo vis a vis women in politics, business etc.
I have nothing at all against lesbians, in any way shape or form,(one of my friends at college is a bisexual), but come on, girls have it much easier in society

If what you said were true, we would see women an equal proportion at the elite levels of politics and business, if not a majority. We do not. In fact, looking at the top levels of the most elite professions, chancery and commercial work at the bar and some consultancy practice areas of medicine, we see something like an 80/20 split that favours men.

In the most recent intake of bar pupils, the split in the most prestigious practice area (chancery) was something like 75/25. And yet a majority of law graduates are female..?

What would you rather, that the opposite sex opened doors to you and allowed you not to have to fight in the military, or that you got an advantage in pursuing the positions in society that involve the most authority, the most access to wealth and power and influence (politics, corporate finance etc)?
Original post by MostUncivilised
If what you said were true, we would see women an equal proportion at the elite levels of politics and business, if not a majority. We do not. In fact, looking at the top levels of the most elite professions, chancery and commercial work at the bar and some consultancy practice areas of medicine, we see something like an 80/20 split that favours men.

In the most recent intake of bar pupils, the split in the most prestigious practice area (chancery) was something like 75/25. And yet a majority of law graduates are female..?

What would you rather, that the opposite sex opened doors to you and allowed you not to have to fight in the military, or that you got an advantage in pursuing the positions in society that involve the most authority, the most access to wealth and power and influence (politics, corporate finance etc)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
All I see is a load of junk, I come from a council flat I couldn't care about getting to the top as getting to the middle is hard enough, how can't you see

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are *you* unable to see that who inhabits the positions of authority in society is reflective of society itself?

And you're claiming that women in the working/underclass class are in fact better off than university-educated women who *still* trail men where it counts? What planet are you on, seriously?

Edit: Let me put it another way for you. What does your difficulty in obtaining (whatever it is you want from society and appear not to be getting) have any bearing on the status of women?
(edited 11 years ago)

Feminists have it wrong! They label us all as rapists or rape supporters and generalize males as a whole, do you think that it will be easy for me to reach the top too? No I come from a council estate, getting into university will be hard enough

How would you like it if because of the fact that most divorces end in financial gain for women, a male group said all women are gold diggers?

As for getting to the top, you have to be a smart cookie whatever sex you are and if you don't make the cut you don't get there, that's not the way society is now, you can't be born into it either you can get there or you can't.

Feminists are nothing more than extremists socialist party, have you ever studied history? If so would you like the idea of communist environment where there is no social mobility, meaning that no matter how great you are, the best you can do is be at the bottom if you are born into it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, because more working class women than men go to university!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My issue with this is that many feminists seem to confuse patriarchy with all men. More importantly, the majority of men these days aren't sexist in any meaningful sense.

The fact of low numbers of women at the top levels of politics, business and the professions has myriad reasons. One is that it is bloody hard to shift society in large ways like the way gender roles are divided and categorised.

From the dawn of time until living memory, women have been in a subordinate role to men. The changes we've seen in terms of women's participation and engagement in society and the workcace, the last 50 years have been profound and probably beyond prediction for someone living 50 years ago.

Just because it's not perfect doesn't mean that we're not moving in the right direction, and it doesn't mean most men are sexist or to blame for the status quo vis a vis women in politics, business etc.

For god sakes what do you want a women dominated society? great idea! What genius, why why why look at the bell curve for iq you'll work out why. More men than women are morons, but more men than women are at the genius. As for CEO well you need to be a psychopath and there are more male psychopaths than women.

What feminists have done post 60s is made men become more suspicious of women. less and less men are wanting marriage I know I'm not stupid enough to, more single mothers, I can tell you having a single mum is so great :angry: out of the five of us, one deals drugs, one sleeps with everyone, one is a suitcase kid the other two are in care thank you feminists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feminists have it wrong! They label us all as rapists or rape supporters and generalize males as a whole, do you think that it will be easy for me to reach the top too? No I come from a council estate, getting into university will be hard enough

I entirely sympathise with that, it's because of things like that I joined the Labour Party. Class in this country is absolutely poisonous, set in amber... it's incredibly depressing. But the fact remains that even if you're the daughter of a duke, you're still considerably less likely than the son of a duke (or even men as a class) to get into what are considered the most elite practice areas of the most elite profesisons, into positons of authority etc

Wealthy women, women from the ruling class, have always had more power than men of the working class in a general sense, but not in relation to their peers within their own class. Historically and now in many ways, women of whatever class are at an entire disadvantage compared to their male peers.

Women from wealthier and more elite backgrounds should not be singled out, class and gender can and in many ways do exist as compartmentalised issues.

How would you like it if because of the fact that most divorces end in financial gain for women, a male group said all women are gold diggers?

The reason is that society is conservative, traditionally men had all the income and authority and so it made sense to make a "settlement" on a divorced woman. If women were superior to men in this way they would never have needed a "settlement". These days in the courts, at least in relation to financial settlement (and increasingly in custody issues) you do not see the same overly favourable situation for women.

This has moved commensurately with increasing female participation in the workforce.

As for getting to the top, you have to be a smart cookie whatever sex you are and if you don't make the cut you don't get there, that's not the way society is now, you can't be born into it either you can get there or you can't.

From someone who is from what you call "the top", in terms of class, let me tell you that you couldn't be more wrong. If you think there is a level playing field between two people of equal intelligence, one of whom went to Eton and the other a bog-standard comp in Sheffield, you are under a very grave misapprehension.

Let me tell you what the difference is. I was privately educated (in another country) and I've noticed that I and all my friends got pretty much most of our late teens and early 20s as a period to experiment and find ourselves and do what the **** we wanted on our parents dime. Almost all of us got serious by our mid-20s and have serious careers or academic pursuits.

Working class people don't have that luxury. They have basically one shot at it unless they are ****ing extraordinary. It's a little hard to describe how much of a difference it is to know that you will never go without paid work because there is always a family connection who will give you a job interview, that your parents can always bail you out, that many of the people at the top of the corporate world are like you, and prefer being around people like themselves, and so will hire you over someone more qualified.

Seriously, wake up.

Feminists are nothing more than extremists socialist party, have you ever studied history?

I suspect considerably more than you.

If so would you like the idea of communist environment where there is no social mobility, meaning that no matter how great you are, the best you can do is be at the bottom if you are born into it?

I'm sorry, you've ceased to make any sense. You're basically arguing two mutually exclusive positions. Whatevs

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dominic Powell
Girls seem to throw logic out the window in most situations and go with their emotions, regardless of how stupid the decision is.

What is your explanation for this, Dragonfly?

Sexism at it's finest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending