The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5060
Original post by rooosy
Post-rejection, is it possible to get feedback on your application/interviews? How would one do this? Or would you have to wait until it comes through on track? :smile:
Yes. If it doesn't say how to request it in your decision letter, you can ask the college direct. Normally the information is sent to your referee.
Reply 5061
Original post by Minerva
Yes. If it doesn't say how to request it in your decision letter, you can ask the college direct. Normally the information is sent to your referee.

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 5062
Original post by GeeGee3
d

Do u think theres amy chance that we could maybe get the letter tomorrow<?

If you saw what Cath said, unlikely! Unless it's a rejection without then comparing you, which is unlikely if most people who applied to Girton already got their rejections.
From last year should be before Friday but a lot got the letters actually on what would be Friday of this week.

Original post by cath1509
Ahhh right good luck with caius :biggrin: and cleverrrrrr!!!So it's sooner than i thought hopefully :biggrin:

Longer than I thought...
Good luck anyhow! :tongue:

Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Ahh but the 20th of jan last year was the equivalent to this friday so hopefully 5 days or less! I'm not waiting on Girton btw, I was semi fished by Caius :smile:

Exactly, but even if it's an offer, that could still be distracting in the exam..!

My S2 exam is Friday so that's no good either! Yeah especially if it doesn't require an A* in physics, during the exam my brain will be thinking 'f being careful about silly mistakes, let's daydream about Cambridge'
If Caius are days faster than Girton I'll be rather jealous I have to say
Reply 5063
Original post by Minerva

Therefore, while it may not be a face-to-face meeting as such, there's no doubt that at some point next week (hopefully early on) there will be a review, by the admissions tutors working with those 'group chairs', of all the re-interviewees and anyone still being held in reserve, to decide who gets the remaining college-specific offers, and who gets an open offer. As was discussed earlier in the thread, this is presumably why most of the medics who have posted here have not heard anything, either way, yet.

Hey Minerva. :smile:

Just wanted to clarify, is it possible that a medicine reinterviewee can get an open offer?
Reply 5064
Original post by _Georgie
If you saw what Cath said, unlikely! Unless it's a rejection without then comparing you, which is unlikely if most people who applied to Girton already got their rejections.

have girton already sent out their rejections this year?
Reply 5065
Original post by Xotol
Hey Minerva. :smile:

Just wanted to clarify, is it possible that a medicine reinterviewee can get an open offer?
I can't see anything in the document I linked to above that suggests it isn't :smile:
Reply 5066
Original post by GeeGee3

have girton already sent out their rejections this year?

Go to the first post and the documents at the end show what info people have posted on TSR so you should be able to tell how many already got a rejection or are still waiting in the pool, it won't open on my iPad
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
It is clear from this that discussions between the admissions tutors for each college with the 'group chairs' must be ongoing throughout the Pool and its aftermath. The reason for this is the need to absolutely control numbers - unlike in other subjects, there seems to be an exact quota and the university cannot afford to exceed it.

Therefore, while it may not be a face-to-face meeting as such, there's no doubt that at some point next week (hopefully early on) there will be a review, by the admissions tutors working with those 'group chairs', of all the re-interviewees and anyone still being held in reserve, to decide who gets the remaining college-specific offers, and who gets an open offer. As was discussed earlier in the thread, this is presumably why most of the medics who have posted here have not heard anything, either way, yet.

You've got the wrong link, it is giving error 404: page not found. I think this is the one you mean though: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_6.html
Reply 5068
Original post by ss06
You've got the wrong link, it is giving error 404: page not found. I think this is the one you mean though: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_6.html
That is the one I was aiming for - it must have got truncated or something when I pasted the link in. Have updated the post - seems to be working now.
Reply 5069
Go to the first post and the documents at the end show what info people have posted on TSR so you should be able to tell how many already got a rejection or are still waiting in the pool, it won't open on my iPad

Noones heard from girton yet...7 people were pooled by them n all 7 still hvnt heard so im guessing theyll reject everyone the same time as they send out offers next weej :/
Reply 5070
Rejected by Pembroke for theology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5071
Original post by jdel123
Rejected by Pembroke for theology

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

Do you mind if I ask did you know it today?
Reply 5072
Original post by GeeGee3
Noones heard from girton yet...7 people were pooled by them n all 7 still hvnt heard so im guessing theyll reject everyone the same time as they send out offers next weej :/

My friend at college applying for Maths at Girton hasn't heard a word since as well. Don't know what's up with them!
so effectively, there's probably around 40+ medics still waiting, who are competing for between around 4-8 open offers?
Reply 5074
or even more than 40+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Losing hope.
Reply 5076
Original post by GeeGee3

Original post by honggau
My friend at college applying for Maths at Girton hasn't heard a word since as well. Don't know what's up with them!

Mhmm sounds like they pooled a lot of their maths applicants to mix them up with others in the pool, interviewed a few themselves, and then will just fish the best!
So everyone reinterviewed or left hanging by Girton for maths is in the same boat/pool, just a smaller one than the whole winter pool haha

My S2 exam is Friday so that's no good either! Yeah especially if it doesn't require an A* in physics, during the exam my brain will be thinking 'f being careful about silly mistakes, let's daydream about Cambridge'
If Caius are days faster than Girton I'll be rather jealous I have to say

My S2 exam is friday, we can't win either way.

(unless we get an offer of course)
Reply 5078
My S2 exam is friday, we can't win either way.

(unless we get an offer of course)

Fingers tightly crossed for a letter on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday with an offer inside it then...
Reply 5079
Fingers tightly crossed for a letter on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday with an offer inside it then...

Good luck :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending