The Student Room Group

University choices - advice needed!

- I have no idea if I am posting this in the right place as I have just signed up -

Anyway, I have 5/5 university offers from:
- Lancaster
- Manchester
- York
- Leeds
- Chester (in case I don't get my predicted grades)

I have no idea which one to choose so would appreciate any advice from people who also have offers at these universities or current students. My main concern is the type of people who go to each of these universities because I really dislike a lot of people at the sixth form I am currently at -_-
Either of the top 3, I'd be inclined to go Lancaster, beautiful campus, rising university and already top 10/15. And you'll be sure to meet a range of people!
Reply 2
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Either of the top 3, I'd be inclined to go Lancaster, beautiful campus, rising university and already top 10/15. And you'll be sure to meet a range of people!

I visited the Lancaster open day and really liked it but I just wish it was in the city centre D: If the people were nice then great i'd choose there but meh if not then /foreveralone/
It would be easier for us to help if you tell us what course you're applying for and what sort of people are at your current sixth form that you don't like.

Also, welcome. :smile:
Original post by catherinealice
My main concern is the type of people who go to each of these universities

That isn't a thing.

There perhaps are some universities that have a stereotypical student-type. But I think none of these has. And a university is anyway very much bigger than a 6th form, with the diversity (and opportunity to hide) implied by that.

Sensibly there's not very much to choose between the top 4 listed here. If you can express a preference for big city redbrick or little city campus then you'll fine it down to a choice between 2 in each instance. But no-one can help you there either.

All you could offer that would allow anyone to make sensible comment is the course that you've applied for, because some of these will be better regarded than others in particular subject areas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending