The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have an idea for the potential questions for the 10 markers in this paper.
Reply 41
Original post by EspanaShaq
Yes it is i believe from tutor2u however im not entirely sure but it is called 'the APT', the APT was correct last year and had the majority of the questions on there its quite essential.

WHen do you reckon you will have it by? and if you do get it would you be able to shre it online or via a private message to me?

The APT resources are not from tutor2u they can be found on the website apt-initiatives.com and cost £28 + vat
how is revision going? I've been revising straight from the textbook, its pretty helpful and highlights the implications of a defaults and at analyzing the graphs in extract 1 and 2. I feel like the essay question will be on FDI's and their impact, it could possibly be in relation to China and Africa..Or maybe even on Aid (Aid vs Foreign Direct Investment?).. Has anyone done an F585 paper before?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by eawilliams
I've got the pdf version of the F585 toolkit if anyone still needs it. Also, how is revision going? I've been revising straight from the toolkit, its pretty helpful and highlights the implications of a defaults and at analyzing the graphs in extract 1 and 2. I feel like the essay question will be on FDI's and their impact, it could possibly be in relation to China and Africa..Or maybe even on Aid (Aid vs Foreign Direct Investment?).. Has anyone done an F585 paper before?

I made annotations from the toolkit on a printed out copy of the stimulus material, and now just use that as revision along with and primarily the textbook. I've tried to learn all the definitions off by heart because that's alway a good starting point, and I have placed a large emphasis on the debates relevant (fixed v freely floating ER's, monetary union v no monetary union, FDI v Aid + FDI pros and cons for develolment etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Hello, if anyone that has the mock exam paper questions for the jan 13 f585 econ exam from apt initiatives. Could they possibly post them on here, much appreciated :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Scorpiaz
Would appreciate if anyone could email me (pm me) the pre-release toolkits. On a gap year so will cost £50 if not!

I second that comment, if you have the resources, could you let me know pls :biggrin:
Reply 46
I've got the pdf version of the F585 toolkit if anyone still needs it. Also, how is revision going? I've been revising straight from the toolkit, its pretty helpful and highlights the implications of a defaults and at analyzing the graphs in extract 1 and 2. I feel like the essay question will be on FDI's and their impact, it could possibly be in relation to China and Africa..Or maybe even on Aid (Aid vs Foreign Direct Investment?).. Has anyone done an F585 paper before?

yup, pls post toolkit here
Reply 47
(a) Define what is meant by
(i) monetary union.
(2 marks)
(ii) fiscal discipline.
(2 marks)
(b) With reference to Extracts 1 3, analyse two ways in which monetary union acts as a
constraint on economic policy.
(6 marks)
(c) Comment on the view expressed by Professor Stiglitz that austerity measures were
not the way to prevent default in Greece.
(10 marks)
(a) With reference to Extract 4, explain two reasons why the Argentinean economy
grew rapidly after 2002.
(4 marks)
(b) With reference to Extract 4, analyse the likely impacts of changes in Argentina’s
terms of trade.
(6 marks)
(c) Comment on the view that Greece should follow Argentina’s lead and exit from
monetary union.
(10 marks)
3 With reference to Extract 5, discuss the extent to which foreign direct investment promotes
economic development.
Reply 48
found these online^^
Reply 49
Original post by EspanaShaq
found these online^^

Those are from the atp guide...just pm the guy that has the pdf ver of it for all the ms etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
hows revision going for everyone?
Reply 51
Original post by iggyDash
hows revision going for everyone?

I dont know about you but im not using any ayp guides or anything even though i have 2 different ones..i just think there extra..im using text book and making sense of the case study myself..i think the guides are jusy wayyyy to much. If you understand it i doubt you need them and you can really revise from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
is there a transport economics page?
Reply 53
Original post by zy55
is there a transport economics page?

Sure i saw one but this is the F585 global economy one..if you cant find one for yhe transport economy make a thread for it but try searching for it first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolDskool
yup, pls post toolkit here

Sounds good. Could you post pdf version of the toolkit to me. Thanks.

Sounds good. Could you post it to me. Thanks
Reply 56
Anyone can explain why the figure 1.1 and figure 1.2 have falling inflation? Is this the result of the fixed exchange rate and if so why do it lead to that? Is it since the e.r. makes exports more expensive? And how about for fig 1.2 how does that decrease they havrnt evrn joined the eu thing at that time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57

Could i have it please? Starting revising waaaay too late!
Reply 58
Also how are people revising? are they using the OCR textbook A2 (cant remember who wrote it)
The anforme revision guide?
any others?
Reply 59
Original post by Jsavidge
Also how are people revising? are they using the OCR textbook A2 (cant remember who wrote it)
The anforme revision guide?
any others?

Text book and stimulus for me..not using ANYTHING else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending