The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Would anyone recommend taking a car to uni?

I'm hoping to go NTU and currently live about an hour and a half drive away from Nottingham.

Would anyone recommend taking a car so I can drive home at weekends if I want to and/or just generally using it around the town? Or is it unnecessary?

Thanks
Do you already have a car or are you intending to get one for Uni? Also, are you planning to live on campus or rent privately?

Most people would say it's unnecessary for a car when you're at University. If you already have a car there's no harm in taking your car with you however most Universities usually have limited parking space on campus and you'd have to pay for a permit.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chicforever_
Do you already have a car or are you intending to get one for Uni? Also, are you planning to live on campus or rent privately?

Most people would say it's unnecessary for a car when you're at University. If you already have a car there's no harm in taking your car with you however most Universities usually have limited parking space on campus and you'd have to pay for a permit.

Yeah, I already have a car and was hoping to live on campus, but don't know if there will be much point paying for insurance and whatnot if I wont be using it that much :confused:
I don't know Nottingham at all, but you will usually find that there is no / only pay and display parking on campus and the city centre, and there are good public transport links between halls / campus / city centre. Quite apart from the cost, I've never felt any need for the car at university - the public transport is fine to use, and my bike gets me around the city far faster than any other method of transport (bus, car or walking). Even friends who do have cars rarely actually use them.
so long as you can afford it and find a place to park then yeah.. also if you dont mind giving people lifts, although it does mean you will make a lot of friends that way too :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending