Original post by otrivine
I know right, I need to get my motivation back for F215:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=983lhh20rGY here u go :smile:

hopefully we'll get it all done and dusted well in advance :smile:

thank you!
Original post by MedMed12
hopefully we'll get it all done and dusted well in advance :smile:

thank you!

Yes I hope I want to get all this cellular control chapter 1 finished by this week.

One thing I had an interesting question was that in Meiosis, why is there meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 ? like why 2 stages
Reply 6143
you did 18 GCSES? :O what subjects? why so many? :O :O please dont say all A*s (well that would be super impressive)
I did only 11 (then again in one sitting) but still!

dunno what you're talking about. PS I did all my GCSEs in one sitting (except two or three which I did in Year 9/10)
Original post by Revent
dunno what you're talking about. PS I did all my GCSEs in one sitting (except two or three which I did in Year 9/10)

haha somewhere someone commented on something saying about 18 gcses haha

really?! oh cool!very few schools did that!
Reply 6145
haha somewhere someone commented on something saying about 18 gcses haha

really?! oh cool!very few schools did that!

Don't worry about my GCSEs :tongue: I didn't do too well though :laugh:
Original post by Revent
Don't worry about my GCSEs :tongue: I didn't do too well though :laugh:

haha im sure you didnt do that badly :tongue:
hows the med applic going btw? any news?
Yes I hope I want to get all this cellular control chapter 1 finished by this week.

One thing I had an interesting question was that in Meiosis, why is there meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 ? like why 2 stages

I defo replied to this :O but my response isnt there anymore

oh good luck :smile: I havent finished learning it yet haha

1. meiosis 1 uses both maternal and paternal chromosomes and has the crossing over rather than just one for genetic variation
2. meiosis 2 is same as the mitosis (almost) :smile: and has the 4 daughter cells which are halpoid except 2 cells split into 4, rather than 1 into 2.
Original post by Revent

I made a mistake, it wasnt you I was talking about, sorry.
I defo replied to this :O but my response isnt there anymore

oh good luck :smile: I havent finished learning it yet haha

1. meiosis 1 uses both maternal and paternal chromosomes and has the crossing over rather than just one for genetic variation
2. meiosis 2 is same as the mitosis (almost) :smile: and has the 4 daughter cells which are halpoid except 2 cells split into 4, rather than 1 into 2.

why 2 process but mitosis 1? is it because mitosis produces less number of daughter cells
Reply 6150

why 2 process but mitosis 1? is it because mitosis produces less number of daughter cells

What year are you in? I remember you from the Bio thread.

it would be nice if they called it meiosis 1 and kept the second bit as mitosis 1 but that may cause confusion as mitosis is when its genetically identical.

probably, and also mitosis doesnt have a mixture of paternal and maternal chromosomes

I think they just call it meiosis 1 and 2 to save confusion and to help us understand/learn it
Reply 6152
Original post by Warlord
I made a mistake, it wasnt you I was talking about, sorry.

haha im sure you didnt do that badly :tongue:
hows the med applic going btw? any news?

I severely underachieved. lol
Original post by Revent

I severely underachieved. lol

you made up for it at a-level right?
Reply 6154
you made up for it at a-level right?

Still underperformed a lot.
Original post by Revent
Still underperformed a lot.

:frown: I know it can be super demoralising, but hopefully youll get into medicine and then you have got the first stepping stone into the direction of where you want to go
it would be nice if they called it meiosis 1 and kept the second bit as mitosis 1 but that may cause confusion as mitosis is when its genetically identical.

probably, and also mitosis doesnt have a mixture of paternal and maternal chromosomes

I think they just call it meiosis 1 and 2 to save confusion and to help us understand/learn it

oh right so first meiosis has to occur and then mitosis right?>
oh right so first meiosis has to occur and then mitosis right?>

yup :smile: but dont call it mitosis :P just keep learning it as meiosis 2 because although its a similar process, it has its difference and youd lose marks if you wrote that :smile:
yup :smile: but dont call it mitosis :P just keep learning it as meiosis 2 because although its a similar process, it has its difference and youd lose marks if you wrote that :smile:

thanks! especially cause this is the last unit they will be strict with the mark scheme :smile:

want to revise a bit :smile:
thanks! especially cause this is the last unit they will be strict with the mark scheme :smile:

want to revise a bit :smile:

yeah I can imagine
sadly I havent got safety marks/extra UMS in Biology, so I need the A :frown: my friend on the other hand only needs a low C in this exam for an A overall -so jel!

I dont know much, but I'll give it a shot!

Give an example of where mutations can be beneficial, mutual or harmful

Latest