The Student Room Group

Primary Education interview at the university of cumbria help?!

i have a primary education interview at the university of cumbria soon (lancaster campus) and i was wondering if anyone has had an interview and can give me advice on what i should expect/what i should know? thanks!! x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did your interview go lwileman?
I've got an interview for Primary Education QTS in a few weeks. I'm confused about the mini teach and what do you have to talk about? :confused:
Reply 2
Original post by MMCumbria
How did your interview go lwileman?
I've got an interview for Primary Education QTS in a few weeks. I'm confused about the mini teach and what do you have to talk about? :confused:

Hi, ive got an interview for Primary Eduction QTS next week, really nervous, dont know what to prepare and expect
Reply 3
Hi i have an interview next week. does anyone know, for the mini-teach/presentation, if you pretend to teach a class, or if you say how you would teach a class using your resource? thanks
Reply 4
I am going to present mine showing how I would use the resource to teach a class
If that helps :smile:
Hi
I had my interview for Cumbria, Lancaster Campus, three days ago. If anyone has anyone questions pls message me, would be nice to talk to people considering Cumbria xxx
Reply 6
Hi, what types of questions were you asked and how was your interview ?

Thanks
Reply 7
Does anyone have an interview for the three year course with QTS at Fusehill, Carlisle next week? :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone have an interview for the three year course with QTS at Fusehill, Carlisle next week? :smile:

I do, mine is on Wednesday, when is yours? x
Reply 9
I have mine tomorrow
Reply 10
How did your interview go?
Reply 11
Original post by ral94
How did your interview go?

I have my interview on Thursday. How did your interview go?
In the mini teach, did you have to pretend to teach or do you explain how you use the object to teach a lesson? :confused:
Reply 12
It was suprisingly ok, a lot more relaxed than I thought. I used it to say how I would teach the class. Good luck
Reply 13
I also used mine to show how I would use it to encourage children and promote their learning within a classroom.

It was a quiet relaxed day and all the assessors etc where dead friendly.

Good Luck
Reply 14
Original post by DeeMcc
I also used mine to show how I would use it to encourage children and promote their learning within a classroom.

It was a quiet relaxed day and all the assessors etc where dead friendly.

Good Luck

I thought it was more relaxed than I thought it would be. It was hard being assessed for both your presentation and the questions you gave to others.
Good luck to everyone!!!
Reply 15
Has anyone got a reply yet?
Reply 16

I had mine.on the 19th, has anyone heard back yet from Fusehill Street campus interviews? :-/
Reply 17
I had mine on the 20th and got an offer on Wednesday. Good luck
Reply 18
i had my interview on the 19th at the Fusehill campus and got an offer on wednesday. hope you get one soon!
Reply 19
aww congrats to you both! are you putting it as your firm? I still haven't heard back I'm getting very agitated :frown:

got my offer today, firmed it :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest