The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Valiant effort against Watford but still fell 2-1. Jamie Ward scored yet again and new loanee Chris Martin looked absolute quality. Looking forward to Friday now, when we play a Palace side on a terrible run. Fortunately, we are at home so I'm hoping for a win.
Just bought my ticket for Sheffield Utd away as it's all ticket. Really up for that one. Brentford are laying on free coach travel which is pretty fantastic, I can only assume it's coming out of the money from the Chelsea games, as is signing Bradley Wright-Phillips. It's nice to see us spending some money on things which are going to directly impact the fans but in a way I'd rather see us pay off the entire teams wages for the year with that cash! Also going to Carlisle in a fortnight, so two big away trips for me.
Original post by Jangrafess
Just bought my ticket for Sheffield Utd away as it's all ticket. Really up for that one. Brentford are laying on free coach travel which is pretty fantastic, I can only assume it's coming out of the money from the Chelsea games, as is signing Bradley Wright-Phillips. It's nice to see us spending some money on things which are going to directly impact the fans but in a way I'd rather see us pay off the entire teams wages for the year with that cash! Also going to Carlisle in a fortnight, so two big away trips for me.

I will be at this game. Probably going to be my last home game of the season with living so far away too. I hope you have a great day minus the result. :smile:
Haha, ditto. How do you feel about us beating you to BWP? I'm shocked, personally. Apparently you couldn't afford his wages, which leads me to suspicion that we're overstretching ourselves. There's no way we should be able to sign a player you can't, even off the back of the FA Cup cash.
Original post by Rock Fan
I've watched Lincoln before, I am surprised they are in the trouble they are really.

Daniel Day lewis is great in that team
Original post by Colonel.
Daniel Day lewis is great in that team

Guess he is the only one doing it for them.

Well plenty of mid-week football league games tonight and with Oldham playing Everton in the cup. Also got three games in the championship

Burnley V Huddersfield
Leicester V Blackburn
Bolton V Peterborough

Pretty much full League one program including Sheffield United home to Leyton Orient, Colchester home to Yeovil, Brentford away to Crawley, MK Dons away to Portsmouth and Swindon against Bury.
Original post by Jangrafess
Haha, ditto. How do you feel about us beating you to BWP? I'm shocked, personally. Apparently you couldn't afford his wages, which leads me to suspicion that we're overstretching ourselves. There's no way we should be able to sign a player you can't, even off the back of the FA Cup cash.

I am glad we didn't sign him, we have to start bringing the wages down at the club and he was clearly on too much! I don't even think we need him if we have a full squad available from selection. Be interesting to see how he does for you though!
Edgar Davids scored for Barnet on Tuesday night, and the Bees won. Still looking close as to whether they will be in the League next season.
Tuesday night was rubbish. Lorient double marked McDonald, and Kits was clearly knackered from Saturday V Bourne so it was a poor show really.

Fortunately, everyone else seemed to have mucked up, so we're still there in 2nd, although Brentford can go level on points with us, should they win their game in hand.

And this Saturday, I shall be at.......the Rotherham beer festival!
huge match for the Wolves tomorrow, not feeling too confident (when do we ever?) but the fans protest that's being organised isn't going to help anyone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21604568

"Have they achieved any success under this bluebirds brand?," he asked "So why do we hold onto something that hasn't achieved much success?"

:lolwut: Just no. I had very little time for cardiff as it was, I found their fans to be on the wrong side of the line in the sand that reads "mouth-breathing jackasses" but this... It disgusts me. You sold your soul, you sold your soul - you're not a football club, you sold your soul!
Reply 7951
Original post by Scott129
Valiant effort against Watford but still fell 2-1. Jamie Ward scored yet again and new loanee Chris Martin looked absolute quality. Looking forward to Friday now, when we play a Palace side on a terrible run. Fortunately, we are at home so I'm hoping for a win.

Wouldn't say Palace are on a terrible run. Yes, we haven't won away since November but we haven't been playing terrible away. Holloway is really passionate about reaching the automatic promotion spot so he will have the players fired up about tomorrow. Gonna go with a eventful 2-2 draw tomorrow.

Am I right in hearing that Will Hughes will be out of the match tomorrow?
Reply 7952
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21604568

:lolwut: Just no. I had very little time for cardiff as it was, I found their fans to be on the wrong side of the line in the sand that reads "mouth-breathing jackasses" but this... It disgusts me. You sold your soul, you sold your soul - you're not a football club, you sold your soul!

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I genuinely feel sorry for Cardiff fans if this happens. No doubt it'll end up happening if they keep up this form in the league though - Success has a nasty habit of smokescreening unpopular decisions, and I fear (for Cardiff) that they'll be too preoccupied celebrating to put up much protest against someone who clearly has no interest in the club's tradition and heritage and is purely interested from a business perspective. :/
Original post by barnetlad
Edgar Davids scored for Barnet on Tuesday night, and the Bees won. Still looking close as to whether they will be in the League next season.

I think you will just about stay up

Original post by Xenite
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I genuinely feel sorry for Cardiff fans if this happens. No doubt it'll end up happening if they keep up this form in the league though - Success has a nasty habit of smokescreening unpopular decisions, and I fear (for Cardiff) that they'll be too preoccupied celebrating to put up much protest against someone who clearly has no interest in the club's tradition and heritage and is purely interested from a business perspective. :/

I think this is awful the way owners mess around with clubs history.
Original post by JWz
Wouldn't say Palace are on a terrible run. Yes, we haven't won away since November but we haven't been playing terrible away. Holloway is really passionate about reaching the automatic promotion spot so he will have the players fired up about tomorrow. Gonna go with a eventful 2-2 draw tomorrow.

Am I right in hearing that Will Hughes will be out of the match tomorrow?

Yeah, we're the same away from home. It's just lucky we're quality at home haha. Having said that, we haven't won in 3 at home either. Always play well though.

And yeah, Will's out. He hasn't been playing well recently and he's picked up a bit of an injury so Clough's resting him. Should be Bryson and Hendrick in the centre.

I'm going to go 2-1 Derby. We're due a home win.

What do you reckon to Chris Martin btw? I know you guys had him on loan before us.
Reply 7955
Original post by Scott129
Yeah, we're the same away from home. It's just lucky we're quality at home haha. Having said that, we haven't won in 3 at home either. Always play well though.

And yeah, Will's out. He hasn't been playing well recently and he's picked up a bit of an injury so Clough's resting him. Should be Bryson and Hendrick in the centre.

I'm going to go 2-1 Derby. We're due a home win.

What do you reckon to Chris Martin btw? I know you guys had him on loan before us.

I rated Chris Martin while he was at Palace, had a decent shot on him. Wouldn't say he is a 20+ goals a season striker though, has quite a few off days where he doesn't do much. Decent loan signing though for a championship team.
Sako may have just saved our season, that's only a "may" though
Watford went to sleep there in the second half and paid for it, full credit to Wolves taking the chance that came their way, Zola will be furious though.
Reply 7958
Some unexpected results today, didn't expect Boro to beat Cardiff given their recent form.
Hull as well looked like they smashed Birmingham for most of the game, Palace v Hull on Tuesday is gonna be a big game in the race for 2nd.
Reply 7959
Can see Huddersfield and wolves going down, not sure on the third. I do love the championship, such a close league and lots of entertainment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest