The Student Room Group

OCR A2 History Coursework

I have now begun my second piece of coursework on Cromwell and the title is using these four passages (attached) and your own knowledge assess the view that Cromwell was principally to blame for the parliamentary difficulties in the 1650s.

Sorry for all the highlighting on the sources and any suggestions on how to approach the question and evidence/events to back up points within the sources would be SOOOO appreciated.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not doing Cromwell, but the structure is the same:

Introduction - what is the debate? Which sources agree? What are the other opinions? Which of these opinions do you agree with?

Paragraph on the sources that agree that Cromwell was most to blame for whatever

Paragraph on those who think it was someone else

Paragraph on another factor (probably one that says more than one person was to blame)

Conclusion - say again what you believe to be the best argument and why and summarise the arguments in the other paragraphs...

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Oh yeah, remember that you don't need to evaluate the provenance of the sources - they're all modern historians; stick to the 2000 word limit; support your judgements; evaluate!
Reply 3
Original post by LadyHaha
I'm not doing Cromwell, but the structure is the same:

Introduction - what is the debate? Which sources agree? What are the other opinions? Which of these opinions do you agree with?

Paragraph on the sources that agree that Cromwell was most to blame for whatever

Paragraph on those who think it was someone else

Paragraph on another factor (probably one that says more than one person was to blame)

Conclusion - say again what you believe to be the best argument and why and summarise the arguments in the other paragraphs...

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you, a structure is always helpful :smile:
Reply 4
hello, i'm doing A2 OCR history but not cromwell, if you need some help/advice let us know :smile:
Original post by McCaffery
hello, i'm doing A2 OCR history but not cromwell, if you need some help/advice let us know :smile:

Hi,
I'm sorry this message is not of help but I was wondering that if you were to get external sources do you Harvard reference them and bibliography or footnotes and bibliography?
Reply 6
Original post by saqibaliiqbal
Hi,
I'm sorry this message is not of help but I was wondering that if you were to get external sources do you Harvard reference them and bibliography or footnotes and bibliography?

footnotes i'm guessing
Reply 7
hi, for the references I was just wondering if you can still submit it without the page numbers of each source? I completely forgot to do it and now I am finding it difficult to get the books
Reply 8
Original post by asos123
hi, for the references I was just wondering if you can still submit it without the page numbers of each source? I completely forgot to do it and now I am finding it difficult to get the books
it depends if you want to take the risk
i
Reply 9
My teacher said that we have to deal with all 4 interpretations separately? Not grouping or thematically discussing them?
We were told to do them thematically, though I guess you have to stick with what your teacher says considering they're marking it
Anyone here doing Causes of WW2??????

Original post by HistoryNerd
I have now begun my second piece of coursework on Cromwell and the title is using these four passages (attached) and your own knowledge assess the view that Cromwell was principally to blame for the parliamentary difficulties in the 1650s.

Sorry for all the highlighting on the sources and any suggestions on how to approach the question and evidence/events to back up points within the sources would be SOOOO appreciated.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 12
Hey, I am doing OCR Cromwell coursework too. I am now writing my investigations essay on why Cromwell refused the offer of the crown. I am not quite sure how to go about writing that particular essay, can I get some help please? Anything will be greatly appreciated.
Hi guys,

I'm a former OCR A2 History student that got As on AS source analysis and the A2 investigation and interpretation essays. If you need any help please PM me. Likewise, if you can, could you help me with AS Elizabeth I or A2 Tudor rebellions?

Warm regards,
Knight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi there,

I am in desperate need of help with my OCR investigations coursework at a2 :frown:

The question is "Assess the view that Cromwellrefused the crown in 1657 because he believed that to accept would be againstGod’s will?"

I am pleading with someone to help me with the structure of my main paragraphs or if not does anyone have exemplar essays that would help with my structure?

Much appreciated :smile::smile:
Hello is anyone doing the investigation coursework on the holcoaust???
Hi, I'm in my A2 history course and was choosing ideas for the history investigation, how does 'How did the role of women in society from the years 1850 to 1950 change in relation to WW1' sound?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending