The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8860
Hello people of Pakistan How do you do? I am swell, thank you. Ta ta
Original post by AlligatorSky
Oh I'm so sorry, I misread what you wrote. I totally agree with you then. :biggrin:

Haha, that's funny.

Yeah I know, it happens. :tongue:

Well, what she searched for was less than "normal" lol

Original post by Canaduh
Hello people of Pakistan How do you do? I am swell, thank you. Ta ta

From the UK actually. Just Pakistani by ethnicity. Im good you?
Reply 8862
Hello my friend. I am Indian by ethnicity however born in Canada. I plan on attending university in the U.K. I've heard the Indian/Pakistani population in the U.K is fairly high; however, I've also heard racism is quite severe. I am aware there are racists everywhere, but I'd like to know specifically in the U.K if it really is that bad. Thank you for your time.
Original post by Zeegie
Just to reach that time of my life where I truly feel like I have accomplished something.

Also...I concurr...looks defo dont last forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, not long to go then :smile: That being said, you've probably accomplished something already. Just that you don't really know it atm

Any way, have a good night all. Im off to bed :smile:
This soc takes the piss ive been banned soo many times from here
Cos some snake keeps reporting me :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
paki and indian = same
Paki + hairy = thevsame

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think all muslims should immigrate to mars init. Heard theres bare paani in dat planet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DontJudge
I think all muslims should immigrate to mars init. Heard theres bare paani in dat planet

Posted from TSR Mobile

already killing each other off though. assad forces and FSA zi0nists finishing the job for us.
Original post by Canaduh
Hello my friend. I am Indian by ethnicity however born in Canada. I plan on attending university in the U.K. I've heard the Indian/Pakistani population in the U.K is fairly high; however, I've also heard racism is quite severe. I am aware there are racists everywhere, but I'd like to know specifically in the U.K if it really is that bad. Thank you for your time.

Hey. Would probably be better if you quoted me. That way, I see what you wrote. I only happened to see by clicking on this thread. Racism exists. No doubt about it, but at uni, most people are pretty liberal. And it's not even a case of having to stick with lots of Indian people because the White people might be racist. It's just that uni students just don't seem to care. If it helps, the majority race on my campus are English people and there are hardly any Pakistanis (Local or international)

If you go to universities like Bradford, well I'd guess first of all, you'd expect to see a lot of Asian people there, but on the streets of Bradford, you *may* experience some racism.

Most other major cities don't really have this problem, especially when you're living with students. There's a person I know who goes to Nottingham. Nottingham is now referred to as "Shottingham" because of all the shootings, but if you keep to the areas that students go to, you're absolutely fine

Personally, I don't give a damn about where you came from, but I'll give a damn about how you act to me.

This soc takes the piss ive been banned soo many times from here
Cos some snake keeps reporting me :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so gay you walk and trip over then you cry. :indiff:

My comebacks are the best. :cool:

Lol what drugs are you on? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the punchline?
Original post by Th1rdeyeUSA
already killing each other off though. assad forces and FSA zi0nists finishing the job for us.

Ah so that's how life ended on Mars. Cos of Assad's forces and Zionists. I never knew. Thank you for enlightening me
Original post by yaboy
same goes for your mum and dads relationship im guessing

:rofl:
Original post by Maryb_101
:rofl:

It'd be funny if his parents really are a) an extremist (I don't like the word "Islamist" and b) "Leftist" :tongue:
Original post by Canaduh

I've never experienced racism in my life, the racism here isn't that bad at all compared to some countries in continental Europe. Universities especially are very liberal multi-cultural environments. You'll be fine.
Original post by Phantom Lord
I've never experienced racism in my life, the racism here isn't that bad at all compared to some countries in continental Europe. Universities especially are very liberal multi-cultural environments. You'll be fine.

Agreed. Tbf, it's probably more Eastern than Western Europe. I was talking to a couple of French guys. One who's French by ethnicity and nationality, and one who's French by nationality, with origins from Congo.

They both told me that there's more racism in the UK, than there is in France. Because of Sarkozi and the like, I was falsely led to believe that France was more racist than the UK. We accuse the media a lot of the time about portraying Muslims, Pakistanis etc... in the wrong way, but at the same time I guess I fell in to the media lies about the French as well
Original post by hasan4life
loool when will u be on haha, ill come on?

Anytime tonight :smile:
Original post by de_monies
Agreed. Tbf, it's probably more Eastern than Western Europe. I was talking to a couple of French guys. One who's French by ethnicity and nationality, and one who's French by nationality, with origins from Congo.

They both told me that there's more racism in the UK, than there is in France. Because of Sarkozi and the like, I was falsely led to believe that France was more racist than the UK. We accuse the media a lot of the time about portraying Muslims, Pakistanis etc... in the wrong way, but at the same time I guess I fell in to the media lies about the French as well

Didn't like 20% of French people vote for the Nationale Front?
Also in Spain and Italy you get people making monkey noises at Black sportsmen etc. I think Western Europe still does have racism problems. The least racist in Europe are probably UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.
Original post by Phantom Lord
Didn't like 20% of French people vote for the Nationale Front?
Also in Spain and Italy you get people making monkey noises at Black sportsmen etc. I think Western Europe still does have racism problems. The least racist in Europe are probably UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.

This is true, but I guess there's less violent racism as there is in some places. I guess that's what the two French people that I know were getting at.

Tbf, in Spain and Italy, they were probably a minority ie: no gov't wants that, because it just makes their country look bad. I'd agree that we are definitely one of the least racist countries in Western Europe, and perhaps even the world.

India and Pakistan are worse for racism imo
Original post by Maryb_101
Anytime tonight :smile:

Do you guys know each other outside of TSR then?
Original post by de_monies
It'd be funny if his parents really are a) an extremist (I don't like the word "Islamist" and b) "Leftist" :tongue:

No he's a right wing racist bigot.

Latest