The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zeegie
I am ****ting myself.
Oooohhh bdaayyyyyyy :wink: :wink: whenever it is HAVE A BLAST :wink: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol same here and thanks its 23rd nd ill prob end up going to Manchester for the day lol
Original post by de_monies
Lol single. More than one is too much to handle :tongue:

I'd quite like 2 of you. :wink:
Original post by Numan786
Lol what numan? And what's your name if you don't mind me asking

Yeah, Numan or Noman
My name is E
Original post by MedMed12
hahahah thats totes going to work with two sperms guys....

oh no, the whole 'designer baby' thing :/ people can i think have their baby screened for diseases/disorders and have the gene eliminated, but its not legal in this country

We will make it work. Who said any thing about it being legal, or in this country? :biggrin:

haha, dw better than not speaking up though! Need more sense like that! wooo!
I hate people who says 'thats a mans job' 'thats a womans jobs' If a woman is working, then housework should be shared, if anything its fair and makes one another appreciate what each other do

Agreed. Thing is, I like the fact that we live in the United Kingdom, because I can criticise the hell out of a lot of things and no one can do any thing to me, but in Pakistan in certain places, you'd be shot.

I mean look at Malala. That's a true hero. There's no way I could be as brave as her. It's all well and good saying these things over a computer screen, or even irl, when you're thousands of miles away from where this type of culture is at it's worst, but then there are people like here. She's the real legend imo

But I spose ranting about it in the UK targets some Pakistani families in the UK as well. And these are the types of families that ruin it for the rest of us ie: the "Pakistanis don't integrate" argument
Original post by Zeegie
I am ****ting myself.
Oooohhh bdaayyyyyyy :wink: :wink: whenever it is HAVE A BLAST :wink: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aqa and edexcel boundaries are up!
Original post by Eternal*

Yeah, Numan or Noman
My name is E

Loool. You reckon you could handle me :tongue:
Original post by Warlord
ah man dont say that, Im sure they went well for you.
Im nervous too numi, join the club lol. Ah yes, soon then, hope your unis and your results are exactly what you want, good bday present to yourself :smile:

Maths grade boundaries are high and I struggled in that paper so that's def not an a :/ and thanks I hope yours goes well too and you get what u want :smile:
We will make it work. Who said any thing about it being legal, or in this country? :biggrin:

Agreed. Thing is, I like the fact that we live in the United Kingdom, because I can criticise the hell out of a lot of things and no one can do any thing to me, but in Pakistan in certain places, you'd be shot.

I mean look at Malala. That's a true hero. There's no way I could be as brave as her. It's all well and good saying these things over a computer screen, or even irl, when you're thousands of miles away from where this type of culture is at it's worst, but then there are people like here. She's the real legend imo

But I spose ranting about it in the UK targets some Pakistani families in the UK as well. And these are the types of families that ruin it for the rest of us ie: the "Pakistanis don't integrate" argument

haha if you do, can I be the doctor (well alevel student who aspires to be a doctor) who somehow made it work - might get me an unconditional offer?! :biggrin:

I know right, so so brave! Not long that, she also reminds us how fortunatr we are to have an education. In theory, if our grandparents (or parents for some) didnt come to this country, we could have been in Pak in a village where girls aren't allowed to be educated (not so much of a problem for you)

Pakistanis generally are narrow minded which is quite sad tbh :/

Exactly, some pakistanis arent allowed to go away for Uni only local, but more because they've done bad things/broken trust rather than because of the whole girls being away issue
Maths grade boundaries are high and I struggled in that paper so that's def not an a :/ and thanks I hope yours goes well too and you get what u want :smile:

edexcel?

Yeah, Numan or Noman
My name is E

Lol E? And thanks people ask me about my name lol
edexcel?

No lol aqa need to check edexcel physics and OCR b salters chemistry :/
No lol aqa need to check edexcel physics and OCR b salters chemistry :/

ocr arent up until tomorrow
edexcel not sure about science- only seen maths
Loool. You reckon you could handle me :tongue:

I think I could, but I do also have a bf, which is why I can't marry hasan
Lol E? And thanks people ask me about my name lol

Yep E.
What do people ask you bout ur name?
ocr arent up until tomorrow
edexcel not sure about science- only seen maths

Yh I don't think edexcel is out till tommorow as well but I'm gonna go to sleep now anyway nice talking to everyone goodnight
haha if you do, can I be the doctor (well alevel student who aspires to be a doctor) who somehow made it work - might get me an unconditional offer?! :biggrin:

I know right, so so brave! Not long that, she also reminds us how fortunatr we are to have an education. In theory, if our grandparents (or parents for some) didnt come to this country, we could have been in Pak in a village where girls aren't allowed to be educated (not so much of a problem for you)

Pakistanis generally are narrow minded which is quite sad tbh :/

Exactly, some pakistanis arent allowed to go away for Uni only local, but more because they've done bad things/broken trust rather than because of the whole girls being away issue

Yeah you can be the doc, and we'll make history we will. Either we all get sent to prison, or we make some breakthrough. Bit of a gamble, but gotta do what you gotta do :tongue:

I definitely agree, and I've been essentially reminded that I literally could have been brought up in Pakistan if it wasn't for the British gov't finally accepting that I was British. The first thing that went through my mind when I got told my little story was "Would I have the same views if I was brought up in Pakistan"

Tbf, I've kinda been in trouble quite recently, but because I've never been in trouble any time in my life, it was the oldies that gave me the most sympathy. I was pretty shocked at that. I was expecting a hammering from all the old people, and they were the ones that were most sympathetic.

Was expecting to keep away from my dad for weeks, but just a couple of days was needed. Tis al. Ill PM you details
I think I could, but I do also have a bf, which is why I can't marry hasan

Yep E.
What do people ask you bout ur name?

Lol fair enough. Could do both :tongue: I'm not in to that kinda relationship myself, but....
Reply 376
so ocr is out tomorrow...aqa out now??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I don't think edexcel is out till tommorow as well but I'm gonna go to sleep now anyway nice talking to everyone goodnight

night :smile: im going too!

Yeah you can be the doc, and we'll make history we will. Either we all get sent to prison, or we make some breakthrough. Bit of a gamble, but gotta do what you gotta do :tongue:

I definitely agree, and I've been essentially reminded that I literally could have been brought up in Pakistan if it wasn't for the British gov't finally accepting that I was British. The first thing that went through my mind when I got told my little story was "Would I have the same views if I was brought up in Pakistan"

Tbf, I've kinda been in trouble quite recently, but because I've never been in trouble any time in my life, it was the oldies that gave me the most sympathy. I was pretty shocked at that. I was expecting a hammering from all the old people, and they were the ones that were most sympathetic.

Was expecting to keep away from my dad for weeks, but just a couple of days was needed. Tis al. Ill PM you details

woo hoo! yeah I might get told to never go near med for doing anytthing without being qualified awks...
omg yes, i sometimes can understand its not their fault for thinking the way they do, but some of the educated ones there some of them speak some utter rubbish, but saudi have it the worst, and i think all the women should stand up for their rights. No where in the qu'ran does it say they cant drive, be educated etc :/

aww, its a tough call you know because making a mistake and learning from it fair enough, but because asian culture is judgemental and strict, parents over worry that you'll do it again, affect their family name etc etc which is silly

Tbh, some of the elderly dont blame us- its not our fault we're being brought up in a western country with eastern thinking -we're stuck between the two cultures so its up for us to find the right balance and only we can do that :/ then sometimes they blame themselves for not raising the next generation well enough. Although, I do think a balance between both cultures is needed (where morals are concerned anyway)

ahh go for it :smile: I'll reply in the morning though, i've got a 645 AM wake up *cries* so good night
Reply 378
Lol same here and thanks its 23rd nd ill prob end up going to Manchester for the day lol

good luck dude!!! :smile: loool Manccc yeyyy go to Trafford Centre :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
so ocr is out tomorrow...aqa out now??

Posted from TSR Mobile

i told you aqa is :smile:

ocr yep tomorrow

Latest