The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mooncup or femmecup?

other alternative is to take it home with you (ew)
Reply 2
Do no other females work with you? Ask them what they do or maybe ask work to provide some proper bins
Reply 3
I would personally let someone know so they can get some in there! Tell them they need paper towel bins and one in each cubicle and they will probably get it sorted.
Reply 4
Thanks for everyone's suggestions....it's only a very small business and I don't think she really thinks about these things....

Has anyone ever used a menstrual cup? What are they like?
Reply 5
Original post by SpottedZebra
Thanks for everyone's suggestions....it's only a very small business and I don't think she really thinks about these things....

Has anyone ever used a menstrual cup? What are they like?

I'v heard of those. They sound a bit messy but i imagine they'd be good once you get used to them. Certainly saves on expense of having to buy pads/tampons every month.
Heres one,
http://www.mooncup.co.uk/
Reply 6
Is it just me or does "sanitary bin" sound like the least sanitary thing in the world? Why should somebody else have to throw away your pads? :doh:

Reply 7
Original post by Lemonzaz
I'v heard of those. They sound a bit messy but i imagine they'd be good once you get used to them. Certainly saves on expense of having to buy pads/tampons every month.
Heres one,
http://www.mooncup.co.uk/

thanks for the link, might look into them as an option!
Original post by sabian92
Is it just me or does "sanitary bin" sound like the least sanitary thing in the world? Why should somebody else have to throw away your pads? :doh:

They don't, it is a bin. You threw them away.

It's bio waste so is disposed of separately where possible.
Reply 9
If you need to do something about it urgently you could always buy your own bin and stick it in there :tongue: I'm pretty sure Asda sells bins cheaply
One of my friends was in a similar situation until they got bins sorted. She ripped the pad in half and flushed it, not the nicest thing to do I'm sure but I guess it's better than carrying it around if you're in a tight situation.
Just wrap it up in a bit of toilet paper, take it out of the toilet and put it in the normal bin.
Reply 12
Original post by scrotgrot
Just wrap it up in a bit of toilet paper, take it out of the toilet and put it in the normal bin.

Thank you for the suggestion :smile: but i cant do that really, because its a food place and all the hygiene requirements
Reply 13
cant you just flush tampons anyway?
You can buy little scented bags, which are disposable, to put the sanitary towel in. So you could just wrap up the pad in tissue, put it in the bag, and place it in the bin, or just carry it in your bag until you get home?
Reply 15
Original post by kunoichi
cant you just flush tampons anyway?

Even I know that's wrong!

OP, bring a sandwich bag or something else water tight to put them in and then you can throw them away discreetly later.
I have had a similar issue with work toilets, and didn't want to tell my male boss (I know it's not something to be embarrassed about but seemed an awkward conversation to have).

But we have bins in the customer toilets so I just use them when I need to, and nobody has asked why. You say it's a food place, if you have customer toilets do they have them in? Or if that is the customer toilet you will probably have to ask for one...
Original post by Hopple
Even I know that's wrong!

OP, bring a sandwich bag or something else water tight to put them in and then you can throw them away discreetly later.

Everyone I know flushes their used tampons, I assumed everyone did the same. Hmm... :holmes:
Original post by The Velour Fog
Everyone I know flushes their used tampons, I assumed everyone did the same. Hmm... :holmes:

Ahh yeah
Not the best thing to do
They should think to supply bins if they're are women there
Definitely needs to be brought up with the boss that, OP :smile: You shouldn't have to carry them around in your bag all day should you?
Reply 19
Original post by SpottedZebra
So i've recently started a new job....I'm due on my period next week but I've noticed there's no bins at all in the toilets, not even ones for paper towels that I could put dirty sanitary waste in. I'm kind of stuck what to do because I do 6-8 hour shifts so I will definitely need to go and change at least once or twice in that time.

What should i do? anyone have any solutions? :smile:

Flush 'em!!!!!! Seriously. Eventually the toilet will probably get blocked and a plumber will advise your employer to provide waste bins but until then, just flush it.

Latest

Trending

Trending