The Student Room Group

Help with grades?

Hey guys, I've been trying to work out what grades I need for my summer exams and A2 coursework. I really have no idea what I'm doing!

These are the grades I have so far:
AQA English Language~ AS(ENGB1&ENGB2)- 120 UMS points (B)
~ Jan A2 (ENGB3) I got 89 marks (B)
AQA English Literature A~ AS (LTA1C) Jan resit- 80 marks (C)
~AS coursework (LITA2) was 64 marks (A).

I don't know if that made any sense but I was just wondering if I could get some help on this? I'm aiming for B's in both English lang and lit. If anyone could send me a link to any website that may help or something?

Thanks!

P.s, I'm sorry if I've posted this to the wrong area!!
Reply 1
Original post by lindsaybutler
Hey guys, I've been trying to work out what grades I need for my summer exams and A2 coursework. I really have no idea what I'm doing!

These are the grades I have so far:
AQA English Language~ AS(ENGB1&ENGB2)- 120 UMS points (B)
~ Jan A2 (ENGB3) I got 89 marks (B)
AQA English Literature A~ AS (LTA1C) Jan resit- 80 marks (C)
~AS coursework (LITA2) was 64 marks (A).

I don't know if that made any sense but I was just wondering if I could get some help on this? I'm aiming for B's in both English lang and lit. If anyone could send me a link to any website that may help or something?

Thanks!

P.s, I'm sorry if I've posted this to the wrong area!!

Firstly 120 for AS is a low C, not a B -you need at least 140 for a B.

All 4 units A levels are out of 400. (Divide it all by 2 for AS). The grade boundaries are:
320 or more - A
280-319 - B
240-279 - C
200-239 - D
160 -199 - E
You just add up the marks you have (120+89=) 209 and subtract from the grade boundary you are aiming for 280-209=79UMS form last unit. As this is out of 80 this is a tall order.
Reply 2
Original post by Data
Firstly 120 for AS is a low C, not a B -you need at least 140 for a B.

All 4 units A levels are out of 400. (Divide it all by 2 for AS). The grade boundaries are:
320 or more - A
280-319 - B
240-279 - C
200-239 - D
160 -199 - E
You just add up the marks you have (120+89=) 209 and subtract from the grade boundary you are aiming for 280-209=79UMS form last unit. As this is out of 80 this is a tall order.

Oh, I must've been told the wrong grade then :-/ that's pretty depressing! Perhaps I need to re-sit! So the 'marks' are the equivalent to UMS points?

Thanks for the reply! :-)
Reply 3
Original post by lindsaybutler
Oh, I must've been told the wrong grade then :-/ that's pretty depressing! Perhaps I need to re-sit! So the 'marks' are the equivalent to UMS points?

Thanks for the reply! :-)

Marks are UMS marks.

Surely you got a certificate for AS Eng Lit and it said what grade you got?
Reply 4
Original post by Data
Marks are UMS marks.

Surely you got a certificate for AS Eng Lit and it said what grade you got?

Oh sorry, I totally read the mark wrong, it was actually 155, not 120! So I'm actually in a better position than I thought!

Quick Reply

Latest