The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Living at home or private accomodation?

I got a conditional for textiles in practice & I currently live about 20 mins away from the uni on the train which makes it easy to stay at home but I feel that I won't get the whole 'uni experience' & make as many friends by staying at home. When applying on ucas I said I was staying at home but now I want to move out & I don't think I can change this so now I'm thinking of private accomodation! I really want the whole 'uni experience' & I want to be included in freshers week but how would I do this by staying at home?!
You can be a 'homey' and be isolated from your peers, or do what 99% of university students do and experience the accommodation.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Go to halls. You'll feel left out if you don't imo. Either that or you'd probably end up spending a fortune on taxi fares on nights out if you stayed at home anyway.
I would go to halls but on my ucas I've said I am staying at home so I don't think I can apply for halls.
Reply 4
Original post by MeganDTRoberts
I would go to halls but on my ucas I've said I am staying at home so I don't think I can apply for halls.

You can still change it if you want. Well you can on the student finance Wales site anyway. I would assume it is the same.
Reply 5
Depends how close you are to be accepted into university halls or if private halls would be an option. Moving out of home for university enables you to have freedom, space and the ability to do what you please whenever. I'd recommend taking a look at accommodation, I doubt you'd regret it!
Reply 6
Original post by MeganDTRoberts
I got a conditional for textiles in practice & I currently live about 20 mins away from the uni on the train which makes it easy to stay at home but I feel that I won't get the whole 'uni experience' & make as many friends by staying at home. When applying on ucas I said I was staying at home but now I want to move out & I don't think I can change this so now I'm thinking of private accomodation! I really want the whole 'uni experience' & I want to be included in freshers week but how would I do this by staying at home?!

I live at home and commute to uni :smile:.
You can still take part in freshers week that's no problem but people tend to say that you don't have a very uni like experience :s-smilie:.
On the other side if your commuting you generally tend to do better in your studies then people who stay there because your solely going to get an education from uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending