The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

GCSEs too low for Social Policy?

Hello! I'm currently taking my first year of AS levels but I have been taking a look at universities. I'm hoping to apply for Social Policy with Government at LSE (ABB standard), but I'm afraid that my prior mistakes (complete apathy towards education and problems at home) during GCSE's will let me down.

Would I have a chance with these credentials? (My results thus far and predictions leave me with a pretty good idea of what I can achieve):

GCSE's: 1A* 2A 9B 2C (frightened by the amount of applicants to LSE with nearly all A*'s)

AS Levels: AABB or AAAB (Politics, History, English Lang, English Lit)

Extended project: A or B

A2: A*AB (Politics, History, English Lang)

School: Bottom 70 in the country
(no idea whether universities take that into consideration)

Should I aim to apply there in a year time, or should I aim my aspirations lower? Thanks in advance for any help!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Pedd
Hello! I'm currently taking my AS levels but I have been taking a look at universities. I'm hoping to apply for Social Policy with Government at LSE (ABB standard), but I'm afraid that my prior mistakes (complete apathy towards education and problems at home) during GCSE's will let me down.

Would I have a chance with these credentials? (My results thus far and predictions leave me with a pretty good idea of what I can achieve):

GCSE's: 1A* 2A 9B 2C (frightened by the amount of applicants to LSE with nearly all A*'s)

AS Levels: AABB or AAAB (Politics, History, English Lang, English Lit)

Extended project: A or B

A2: A*AB (Politics, History, English Lang)

School: Bottom 70 in the country
(no idea whether universities take that into consideration)

Should I aim to apply there in a year time, or should I aim my aspirations lower? Thanks in advance for any help!

No! Don't go lower, LSE will love the fact that you did even this well in one of the bottom 70 schools, they will definitely take that into consideration. You should apply now to LSE, and if you do not get in, then you should re apply next year with very good a-levels and also apply to other uni's then.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Just letting you know - LSE have put up the grades to AAB for social policy w/ govt for 2014! :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by wickenchingz
Just letting you know - LSE have put up the grades to AAB for social policy w/ govt for 2014! :frown:

Balls! Source? xD
their site!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending