The Student Room Group

Finding accounting challenging

Any tips to make me do better will be so much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
what in paticular are you stuck on, what level of study are you at?

i'm a third year accounting student but still find it tricky.
Reply 2
Im currently doing my a levels. Repeating my AS paper. I understand the concept and all but i sometimes just don't know how to answer the questions. Like totally blank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by blue n white army
what in paticular are you stuck on, what level of study are you at?

i'm a third year accounting student but still find it tricky.

Im currently doing my a levels. Repeating my AS paper. I understand the concept and all but i sometimes just don't know how to answer the questions. Like totally blank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have access to any past exam papers? that always helps me.

what type of accounting is it? management? financial? tax?
Reply 5
Do you have access to any past exam papers? that always helps me.

what type of accounting is it? management? financial? tax?

I do. Practically doing it everyday. Financial and management.
Do you have any tips to enhance my understanding so that i know how to apply it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
I do. Practically doing it everyday. Financial and management.
Do you have any tips to enhance my understanding so that i know how to apply it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

so what you're saying is that you're comfortable with the methods you just don't know which method to apply and when?

have i got the right end of the stick there?
Best way for me is just to do exam papers over and over again. Keep a spreadsheet containing what marks you got on the exam paper so you can see which papers you struggled with, if they have any similarities and whether you improved your score when you did the paper again.
Also youtube can be a big help. Just google tutorials on specific parts of the course and you can get some in depth explanations and help.
Reply 8
so what you're saying is that you're comfortable with the methods you just don't know which method to apply and when?

have i got the right end of the stick there?

Yes. I think that is my problem. Any idea how to go about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Tom Richardson
Best way for me is just to do exam papers over and over again. Keep a spreadsheet containing what marks you got on the exam paper so you can see which papers you struggled with, if they have any similarities and whether you improved your score when you did the paper again.
Also youtube can be a big help. Just google tutorials on specific parts of the course and you can get some in depth explanations and help.

Alright. Thank you so much! I think i will do as your advice. I believe it will help me out one way or another. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. I think that is my problem. Any idea how to go about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exam papers lots of them and make sure you study the answers in detail and also examine the wording of the question and try and understand exactly what it is asking you.

Also try and read around the method and the theory behind it. I found accountancy is as much about the narrative as it is the pure numbers.
Exam papers lots of them and make sure you study the answers in detail and also examine the wording of the question and try and understand exactly what it is asking you.

Also try and read around the method and the theory behind it. I found accountancy is as much about the narrative as it is the pure numbers.

Tysm! I will try my best to do as your advice! I just need to gt my grades desperately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone know how I got my MSc in Islamic Finance Degree from an online University of Islamic Finance

Hey, there is an available qualification in Shariah Finance course leading all the way to MSc Islamic Finance. Please visit: www.learnislamicfinance.com to know more about this.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending