The Student Room Group

AH Biology Investigation Mark

Does anybody know the average mark for the AH Biology investigations? We won't be getting it marked and seeing is it accounts for 20% of our mark I really wanted to roughly how many marks I will have going into the exam.

E.g. Does it have to be of a publishable standard to get 25/25?
Reply 1
Original post by Zepploydath
Does anybody know the average mark for the AH Biology investigations? We won't be getting it marked and seeing is it accounts for 20% of our mark I really wanted to roughly how many marks I will have going into the exam.

E.g. Does it have to be of a publishable standard to get 25/25?

No, not at all. The SQA don't expect you to do it to a publishing standard to get full marks. Although they do have strict marking guidelines at to the criteria required for all the marks. http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/papers/instructions/2011/mi_AH_Biology_Investigation-Report_2011.pdf

Use the marking instructions to make sure you have mentioned all the things they require for each mark. Also, make sure you don't lose out on easy marks by forgetting page numbers or citing references incorrectly.
Reply 2
Original post by Asklepios
No, not at all. The SQA don't expect you to do it to a publishing standard to get full marks. Although they do have strict marking guidelines at to the criteria required for all the marks. http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/papers/instructions/2011/mi_AH_Biology_Investigation-Report_2011.pdf

Use the marking instructions to make sure you have mentioned all the things they require for each mark. Also, make sure you don't lose out on easy marks by forgetting page numbers or citing references incorrectly.

Thanks I'm just not sure what sort of mark I'd expect to get. I'm happy with my investigation but it'd be nice to know exactly how strict they are because they aren't just going to give out loads of 25/25s just because people done what the marking scheme says because that doesn't necessarily make for a good report.
Reply 3
Anybody got a rough idea of average scores or know what they got in previous years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending