The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Civil Engineering

Hi my son achieved 2 as at Higher and B at Maths, B at Chemistry and B at Biology. He's appealing his maths as 1 mark off an A. Would this be enough for Strathclyde?
He's taking AH Maths, Higher Physics and Higher Geography this year and ilhas almost completed Gold Dofe
Original post by Karenmooney12
Hi my son achieved 2 as at Higher and B at Maths, B at Chemistry and B at Biology. He's appealing his maths as 1 mark off an A. Would this be enough for Strathclyde?
He's taking AH Maths, Higher Physics and Higher Geography this year and ilhas almost completed Gold Dofe

Hi @Karenmooney12 :smile: Which subjects are his As in?

Our Standard Entry Requirements for the MEng are AAAA / AAABB (Maths A OR Maths B & 1 Science at A or B). If he currently has AABBB then he would be looking to achieve another A this year. If his Maths is appealed and he has AAABB then he would meet the entry requirements. Please note we have minimum entry criteria for those applying from a widening access background. To see if he is eligible for this type of offer you can look on our website here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/wideningaccess/.

Engineering is a very competitive area for us at Strathclyde however it looks like he has a good range of highers already and taking further subjects on to AH is beneficial. I can't guarantee that an offer would be made but I'd say we'd be able to consider him with those grades and subjects :smile:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Hi A at PE and A at Modern Studies
Original post by Karenmooney12
Hi A at PE and A at Modern Studies

Ok good to know thanks! :smile: Wishing him lots of luck with the application process this year. Get in touch if I can help with anything else.
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending