The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshBluebird
Right. So how would you feel if your education plans were ****ed up by this government because you now have to somehow find a way to afford travel costs?

God gave you feet, walk. In year 12 I had to walk from home to college everyday for a month while the morons at TFL sorted out my application, a total of 4.5 miles each way. But you know what? I realised I had a spine and manned up. If education is that important then you man up as well.
Original post by pol pot noodles
God gave you feet, walk. In year 12 I had to walk from home to college everyday for a month while the morons at TFL sorted out my application, a total of 4.5 miles each way. But you know what? I realised I had a spine and manned up. If education is that important then you man up as well.

1 - Somehow I doubt it. A three hour walk each day?

2 - My post was more about the general point about money being taken away, so applies to people who will no longer get EMA, who certainly cannot walk to college (I'd like to see you walk over 20 miles each day).
Original post by WelshBluebird
1 - Somehow I doubt it. A three hour walk each day?

2 - My post was more about the general point about money being taken away, so applies to people who will no longer get EMA, who certainly cannot walk to college (I'd like to see you walk over 20 miles each day).

3 hours? Please, 2 hours 20 mins tops. It's good exercise and I intergrated into my fitness regime. I wore trainers and carried my school shoes in my rucksack, changing when I arrived and leaved school. You see I had no choice, being there isn't a money tree in my back garden. It was walk or not go.
Anyway EMA and free Osyter are not a god given right, people have survived long before them and will continue surviving long after, just man up and stop bitching.
Anyway why on earth do you go to a college 10 miles away? Most population areas in the UK are barely even 10 miles long, either North to South or East to West, and if they are they'd have multiple colleges.
3 hours? Please, 2 hours 20 mins tops. It's good exercise and I intergrated into my fitness regime. I wore trainers and carried my school shoes in my rucksack, changing when I arrived and leaved school. You see I had no choice, being there isn't a money tree in my back garden. It was walk or not go.
Anyway EMA and free Osyter are not a god given right, people have survived long before them and will continue surviving long after, just man up and stop bitching.
Anyway why on earth do you go to a college 10 miles away? Most population areas in the UK are barely even 10 miles long, either North to South or East to West, and if they are they'd have multiple colleges.

Well in that case you are in a minority. Hardly anyone would walk for 2 and half ish hours a day. And the very fact you have a "fitness regime" suggests that you are fitter than most people.

And I don't. But a lot of people do. There may be one closer to them, but it may not be the one they want to go to. A lot of the people from my girlfriends school end up going to Petroc College which is around 11 miles from where the school is.
Reply 44
Original post by Menakshelatte
But our areas are different/? in London you need buses SO much more..
i do feel privilaged but like i say our area isnt the same.we need oysters much more for travel.

it costs me hundreds of pounds a year to travel to college and thats after I couldn't go to the college I would of went to if travel costs weren't an issue.
and I'm pretty sure you don't need buses SO much more than someone else who lives a long journey from their college and has no other means of getting there.. like the majority of people.

I know this is such an old thread but my college is 14 miles away, I'm not going to walk there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smudge_moon
I know this is such an old thread but my college is 14 miles away, I'm not going to walk there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What, in London?
What, in London?

No, but you said anywhere in the UK. And. Now they're getting ridd of my college bus so I have to make a 40 mile round trip to get to college on the public bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smudge_moon
No, but you said anywhere in the UK. And. Now they're getting ridd of my college bus so I have to make a 40 mile round trip to get to college on the public bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that the closest college to where you live?

Latest

Trending

Trending