The Student Room Group

Advice

Hi hope your doing well, just need a advice on this, basically earlier this morning I accidentally carried my brother Oyster card age11-15 with me, thinking it was my adult Oyster card, so time i entered in the station I tapped by brother Oyster card as I didn’t know I’m carrying wrong Oyster card with me, but, the time I tapped I just pushed my card back and see it wasn’t my Oyster card and then, I knew I have accidentally brought my brother Oyster card so then, I tapped in using my banking app, but then a tfl officer approach me and asked to show him the Oyster card I was abou to tap before and when I showed it as it wasn’t my Oyster card he goes this is an offence. I asked him as I never used the Oyster card to walk in the gates so how is it a offence, as I paid with my bank to walk in, he said he’s going to keep my brother Oyster card with him and said to order a new one but how is this fare, as I just made a mistake as I carried his Oyster card with me by accident and I be in trouble even though I never tapped his Oyster card to walk in then gates, he never took any of my details what’s likely to happen? Any advice please?
Original post by Rai24
Hi hope your doing well, just need a advice on this, basically earlier this morning I accidentally carried my brother Oyster card age11-15 with me, thinking it was my adult Oyster card, so time i entered in the station I tapped by brother Oyster card as I didn’t know I’m carrying wrong Oyster card with me, but, the time I tapped I just pushed my card back and see it wasn’t my Oyster card and then, I knew I have accidentally brought my brother Oyster card so then, I tapped in using my banking app, but then a tfl officer approach me and asked to show him the Oyster card I was abou to tap before and when I showed it as it wasn’t my Oyster card he goes this is an offence. I asked him as I never used the Oyster card to walk in the gates so how is it a offence, as I paid with my bank to walk in, he said he’s going to keep my brother Oyster card with him and said to order a new one but how is this fare, as I just made a mistake as I carried his Oyster card with me by accident and I be in trouble even though I never tapped his Oyster card to walk in then gates, he never took any of my details what’s likely to happen? Any advice please?
My first thought when I read your post was ‘what that person an actual tfl officer?’. Check the journey history of your brother’s card.
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
My first thought when I read your post was ‘what that person an actual tfl officer?’. Check the journey history of your brother’s card.
He was tfl officer and I can’t check my brother Oyster card details

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending