The Student Room Group

What GCSE did you revise for most?

Just interested what subjects people had to revise most for and if any, what subjects did you do no revision for?

Scroll to see replies

Currently doing revision.
Most: Latin, purely because of the bloody literature.
Least: Maths.
Reply 2
Probably history!
There is a lot of content, then perhaps geography as well, case studies are a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
english, I pretty much did no revision for r.e, I used to go to church and just listened in class and wrote down notes, I came out of r.e with an A, just a few marks off an a* as I got a* in the first paper and an a in the second paper.
Reply 4
I did least revision for RE, I just can't look at it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Katr1na
Just interested what subjects people had to revise most for and if any, what subjects did you do no revision for?

History was the most effort and I found that after completing the controlled assessments that the reading and listening for languages wasn't too bad.
Also maths wasn't much effort, but I just happen to enjoy maths so that doesn't count :tongue:
I revised a lot for English literature to make sure I got an A
I revised a lot for bio and chem

I would say apart from that it was pretty much equal although I didn't do much revision for Spanish, ict, :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Im currently doing my GCSEs now i have 13 coming up in May, June and July!!!!
GCSE P.E is my most revised for because i absolutely love the subject!!!
Additional Science, Geography, Maths i have revised a lot for
Applied Business and English i have partially revised for
And Welsh - partially
R.E/ICT/ - NONE
Reply 8
Geography- it was my weakest subject throughout GCSEs getting C/Ds in mock papers

ended up getting an A :smile:
Reply 9
Maths, got 2D's worked my ass off and got a B, I did quite a lot of history revision (be it 2weeks before the exam and got an A* in the medicine paper but a C in germany, combined with my other grades equated a C)
History the most, because there is a lot of content.
English the least, because there is not a lot you can revise.
Geography...loads of case studies and specific facts to learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Mathematics Linear did it three times got C first time C again with no revision second time then third time round got my B lol!
Reply 13
I revised most for Biology, R.E (which I still got a D in, purely because I hated it) and Maths. Also quite a lot for Business Studies as well.

Did no revision whatsoever for ICT and English Language and Lit. (still managed A* in ICT, A* in English and A in English Lit.)
Reply 14
The ones I remember revising for the most were geography and history, because they were my two favourite subjects and the ones I was most motivated to do well in. I ended up being one mark off an A* for geography and a few off an A* for history, but that was down to my coursework.
Reply 15
Original post by Robbie242
Maths, got 2D's worked my ass off and got a B, I did quite a lot of history revision (be it 2weeks before the exam and got an A* in the medicine paper but a C in germany, combined with my other grades equated a C)

Did you do SHP?! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by joostan
Did you do SHP?! :biggrin:
Yup, schools history project with edexcel, I got a G grade in medicine in year 10 (I know I got skills) but then got the A* in the end for medicine at least :P
The only one I really revised hard for was Latin, and that was because I loved my teacher and wanted to do well for her! Least revision is a toss up between RE, Maths and English... though I'd probably say RE if I had to pick one!
Reply 18
All I used to revise at GCSE was science, not because I found it the most difficult, but because I enjoyed it the most! Therefore, I would kid myself I was doing 'useful' revision when really, I should of probably been focusing my time on the my more difficult subjects (geography, graphics, religion). :smile:
Reply 19
Maths!

Quick Reply

Latest