The Student Room Group

Who else is still waiting for offers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Panda124
Aw, that's a real shame, but what makes you think you'll get rejected from Aberdeen too? Don't put yourself down, you can't know for sure until they've told you so yourself! Even if you do get rejected, consider the thought that it's not that you're not right for the course, the course isn't right for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard back from Edinburgh and St Andrews pretty early and got two big slat rejections, but only heard back from Dundee the other day with an unconditional, so timing doesn't mean anything at all! Keep your hopes up chick :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey thanks for the encouraging words :smile: still waiting to hear. will you be going to dundee?
Still waiting for St Andrews!
Timing does not mean anything. Although I hear back from Durham a roughly one month ago with an unconditional. Time is the key!
Reply 123
haha just got excited when I received a mail from UCAS -then noticed it was just the newsletter :s-smilie::mad:
Reply 124
Original post by Leoroary
hey thanks for the encouraging words :smile: still waiting to hear. will you be going to dundee?

No problem, you heard anything yet? No I'm firming my place at Aberdeen tonight actually, I just needed to hear back from Dundee so I could accept my offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
Original post by Leoroary

Oh wait I just noticed you said you're still waiting to hear, haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I'm still waiting for Newcastle for Mech Engineering. I really want to go there as well :frown:
Seriously stressing now. Its the beginning of april on Monday and I have had no response from any of the unis I have applied to. Does that mean imminent rejection?
Reply 128
Original post by OddThings
Seriously stressing now. Its the beginning of april on Monday and I have had no response from any of the unis I have applied to. Does that mean imminent rejection?

Nope, the unis actually still have until like the 9th of May to give out responses so it's still possible to get replies. I know I'm still waiting on one reply from Heriot-Watt university, because I need to reply to my Oxford offer soon. The waiting is horrible, but don't worry too much. The reason you are waiting so long has either got to do with the fact that those unis are slow, or that you are a middle-choice student -> so not excellent but also not extremely bad. It takes much longer for unis to choose from these students.
Reply 129
Original post by lizzyaus
Nope, the unis actually still have until like the 9th of May to give out responses so it's still possible to get replies. I know I'm still waiting on one reply from Heriot-Watt university, because I need to reply to my Oxford offer soon. The waiting is horrible, but don't worry too much. The reason you are waiting so long has either got to do with the fact that those unis are slow, or that you are a middle-choice student -> so not excellent but also not extremely bad. It takes much longer for unis to choose from these students.

Isn't that when we're meant to reply by? After the 9th of May I thought UCAS declines your offers (DBD) if you don't reply to them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Still waiting to hear from Aberdeen for French and German!
Reply 131
Original post by ss_s95
Isn't that when we're meant to reply by? After the 9th of May I thought UCAS declines your offers (DBD) if you don't reply to them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily. There's summat on UCAS about how if you can receive offer later it's a different deadline date. Why don't you try phoning admissions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Not necessarily. There's summat on UCAS about how if you can receive offer later it's a different deadline date. Why don't you try phoning admissions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sorry. Just took another peek at it, 6th of June is the deadline if any offers arrived between 31/Mar and 9/May - I'm planning on phoning Warwick tomorrow because this wait is really winding me up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied as a mature student, but a late application and it's only been a week and driving me up the wall!! The deadline for me is the 18th July!!! I'll go crazy if I have to wait that long :-s
Applied to do childhood studies and psychology x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Been waiting for nearly six months for Bristol and Edinburgh :s-smilie:
Reply 135
Still waiting for Imperial, UCL, Bristol and KCL here. Strapped in for the long-haul...:redface:
Reply 136
Well the more time I spend on here the more I keep finding out abput this whole application process. I'm non UK so this is all a bit confusing for me, but this one particular question has recently popped into my mind:
I've noticed that you can only reply to your offers on Track if you have received decisions from all your choices and that there's lots of people who would like to firm their offers but can't do so because they haven't heard back from other unis (some withdrew their applications from places they didn't want to go to anyway, but for some it's too risky which is understandable).
So I'm wondering if it's possible that these people might be 'blocking' places/offers at unis they are definitely going to decline and that other applicants have to wait for them to decline in order to get an offer? (which they can't do if they're still waiting for decisions from other unis... DOOM LOOP??!)
(edited 11 years ago)
am starting to really angry i want to start doing my firm and insurance choice on uni but am only waiting for one university and that brighton
am doing illustration, i done my interview like the beginning of march and now it been nearly 2 months and i havent heard a thing
brighton is my top choice and and starting to get stress as the deadline is next week the 8th of may to decide on the decision if not i might lose my other offers and i wont be happy
is any one applied to brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending