The Student Room Group

Equipment / stuff needed for training

Hi All - Im starting nurses training in February '14 and as I have a birthday and Christmas before then Im trying to get together a list of the things I need for the course so that I can get my family to buy it all for me. Any suggestions of whats needed?
Reply 1
Comfy nurses shoes, a fob watch, a shedload of pens/highlighters/paper/notebooks/pencils, some people get stethoscopes though i've never needed one :smile:

It might be worth asking for a few textbooks too as they're pretty expensive.
Reply 2
Good idea about asking for the textbooks - or maybe just amazon vouchers - hadn't thought of that. I was wondering about a stethoscope, they are so expensive - would hate to spend the money on one if I'll never need it.
Reply 3
What are the specs for nurses shoes? Am I right thinking they need to be comfy, flat, black, wipeable and no laces?
Original post by mamamia
Good idea about asking for the textbooks - or maybe just amazon vouchers - hadn't thought of that. I was wondering about a stethoscope, they are so expensive - would hate to spend the money on one if I'll never need it.

Just depends where you work as to whether you need it or not. I have one but only because it was a gift I wouldn't buy one otherwise :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by mamamia
What are the specs for nurses shoes? Am I right thinking they need to be comfy, flat, black, wipeable and no laces?

Yeah, pretty much. Fully covering your feet too. Most people on my course have something like this http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20349822 which are super ugly but soooo comfy :colondollar:
Reply 6
A stethoscope isn't really essential, even in places where you need to use one there should be one available. There's usually one on the crash trolley too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending