The Student Room Group

DSA2 help

After waiting a few months since my needs assessment, at the end of last week I received my DSA2, I've tried to read it several times over but the more i read the more confused i get 😭i have no idea what im doing, and all my uni friends have gone home for easter. i was going to wait until i go back home on easter Saterday and try to get my uncles help with it (my parents were no help) but suppliers keep contacting me and i dont even know what they are meant to be supplieng im so confused someone please help before i have a mental crisis
If the centre that undertook your needs assessment is open then that might be the quickest way to get someone to talk you through it. Depending on what has been recommended then the key bits could be:

Top of page 2 = Equipment / Software (IT and/or ergonomic)

This will show which company has been approved to supply any equipment together with contact details and a quote reference to provide them with so that you can place an order. There's usually a page further down the letter which lists exactly what equipment / software has been approved.

Top of page 3 = Non-medical helpers allowance (1-1 support workers)

This will show what has been approved e.g. tutor / mentor / IT training. The table will show the number of hours approved and which company will supply these as well as their contact details.

Top of page 4 = General allowance

Things like printing and photocopying. It will show an amount but you usually claim these back by sending receipts to SFE.

Pages 5-6 = other support (if relevant)

This could be things like a travel allowance and accommodation allowance. For a travel allowance it could be an amount that you claim back for petrol or details for setting up a taxi account with a named company. Less than 30 fares per academic year and you usually claim back by submitting receipts.

Quick Reply

Latest