The Student Room Group

Harry Styles' Fans Struggle With His Tweet About Maggie Thatcher!

His tweet was "RIP #Margaret Thatcher" and this was what it was met with:

:eek:

Scroll to see replies

:rofl2:

There's always a group of extremely ignorant people following a prolific event or person's death. Never gets old. :teehee:
Reply 2
Because MARGARET is totally a mans name... :ahee:
Quality trolling.
Reply 5
Reply 6
wow! just wow! at least harry styles knew who she was ... :tongue:

I have friends at uni who have no idea who is in the cabinet or who our prime minister is :confused: and I'm 21 :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by hali0112

I have friends at uni who have no idea who is in the cabinet or who our prime minister is :confused: and I'm 21 :rolleyes:

That's worrying, although I admit was a politics geek when I was 14.
Of all the Thatcher tweets, these were my favourite.
Reply 9

To be fair, I could only name the "major" cabinet positions (chancellor, foreign affairs, business, etc. - I have no idea who's in charge of fisheries), and I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about politics. But not knowing the name of the prime minister is unforgivable.
Unfortunately the internet -and real life- is full of thick people. There is no getting away from that.
Be honest guys, did you genuinely expect anything more from One Direction fans?
Original post by bad_moose
Be honest guys, did you genuinely expect anything more from One Direction fans?

True. The funny thing is Harry knows who she is, but I doubt that someone like Justin Bieber knows about her - but then again, I barely know about the Canadian administration; but then again I naturally know a lot about the United States administrations, as I'm sure many do.
Reply 13
Original post by meenu89
That's worrying, although I admit was a politics geek when I was 14.

I think even at 10 I knew who the prime minister was and some important political people like the US president and also royal family members. My dad made sure I was aware and still does of politics so that I don't come across stupid. No matter how intelligent you are, everyone should have some basic awareness of current affairs cos it affects us all :smile:

Original post by dendodge
To be fair, I could only name the "major" cabinet positions (chancellor, foreign affairs, business, etc. - I have no idea who's in charge of fisheries), and I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about politics. But not knowing the name of the prime minister is unforgivable.

It is unforgivable! I asked my housemate who the prime minister was and she had a think and after about 5 minutes said David Cameron cos it's not Gordon Brown anymore. In those 5 minutes every respect I had for her intelligence was slipping further and further away.
Reply 14
The worst thing is these kids are the future of this country. The general knowledge in these kids is atrocious.
Reply 15
Hah! Another cracking thread by yourself! Nice :smile:
Reply 16
Cool.
LMAO

probly shagged her.
Reply 19
That's why stupid people should be kept on the internet. That should be law to stop trolling and all that 'banter'

Quick Reply

Latest